Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Will Andy Reid open up the playbook?

Was his version of the west coast offense tailored to Smith's skill set? If so is he going to open it up now that he has a workhorse back. A QB with a cannon and some high end speed receivers. Does he dink and dunk. Or does he drop bombs like Hiroshima?

This is a great question, and of course can effect T Hill the most.

I don’t see how he won’t let the newbie stretch out that arm and air it out a little more offten.

And I think that is the case based on the team picking up another speedster like Watkins.

Great question.

Thanks.

Mahommes start last year was a display of what the walrus is planning for the kid imo.

They'll take some shots, and he'll escape to create more on his own. some of those shots will be caught by opposing teams methinks.

In dynasty I'm after him. Im redraft he's my late round flier QB2.

Mahomes will be a top 8 fantasy qb1 with upside next year. That guy has the best offensive unit around him in the league and can make throws that only a couple other QBs can make. He even has a no look slant pass that Derrick Johnson whos been a LB in the league for 15 years said hes never seen a QB make or even attempt a pass like that

• Like 1

Was his version of the west coast offense tailored to Smith's skill set? If so is he going to open it up now that he has a workhorse back. A QB with a cannon and some high end speed receivers. Does he dink and dunk. Or does he drop bombs like Hiroshima?

I think he will be a bit conservative until that young QB shows he has mastered his offense. then he will open it up. I think the numbers wont be great until later in the year.

I think the Steelers offensive unit is better.

Smith led NFL in YPA, tied with Brady in YPC, you think Reid/Mahomes will improve on that? Unlikely. Mahomes will run Reid's offense the best he can.

Interesting info.

Smith as always been known as a dink type of Qb.

Thanks for that info.

he has b een.

dink and dunk.

but last year they opened up the offense and tried (and were successful on) more deep throws

it was not the offense of past years. That's for sure.

Interesting info.

Smith as always been known as a dink type of Qb.

Thanks for that info.

A high YPA can also be because of a higher completion %

it can also be because the players are getting more yards after the catch.

Alex Smith's YPA was inflated by the first 6 or so games where the chiefs were going bombs away. Then everyone figured out to play cover 2 against them and all of that went away. Hopefully no one figures that out this season.

Alex Smith's YPA was inflated by the first 6 or so games where the chiefs were going bombs away. Then everyone figured out to play cover 2 against them and all of that went away. Hopefully no one figures that out this season.

I think there is a reason they picked up a speedster type wr2 in Watkins then they already have a speedster in Hill.

I think they want to go deep and Kelce can fit into that just find.

They could be a fun team too watch.

Thanks.

I always thought they played conservative as sh-t with Smith, so me hopes so