Sign in to follow this  
edjr

A comedian that made it big in TV/Movies. That you don't find funny at all

GC: Every woman and every comic that came after the 80s.

/thread

Have you ever heard a black woman try to be funny?

really liked his stand up also. while he has made some bad movies, i enjoyed the following:

the jerk

roxanne

parenthood

'i was born a poor black child' = not funny

A comedian that made it Big in TV/Movies. That you don't find funny at all

You don't like Tom Hanks?

really liked his stand up also. while he has made some bad movies, i enjoyed the following:

the jerk

roxanne

parenthood

Ben Stiller

Really? Oh wow, that's crazy. He's made some funny ass movies - Something About Mary was priceless.

Pauley shore EAS only famous because his parents were. They may not have been movie famous but if you were a comedian you knew them.

Pauley shore EAS only famous because his parents were. They may not have been movie famous but if you were a comedian you knew them.

Hey, BU-DDY!

Lisa Lampanelli was funny for a few minutes.

Really? Oh wow, that's crazy. He's made some funny ass movies - Something About Mary was priceless.

I think that is the most overrated comedy.

Kevin Hart. I see a movie with him in = automatic no watch.

Dane Cook

Kevin James

Aziz Ansari

David spade

'i was born a poor black child' = not funny

:lol:

The opposite is true!

My favorite comedy btw. :thumbsup:

Cedric the Entertainer. By far.

He is not funny at standup comedy. He is not funny in movie comedy. He just does that black guy thing with those stupid looks after he does his schtick. Terrible actor. Terrible at standup.

Dane Cook

Kevin James

Aziz Ansari

David spade

All suck. But for some reason I watch Joe Dirt when I stumble across it.

Kevin James had one really good stand-up that he leveraged into a career somehow.

Number one overall winner, leader of the pack, named the award after him as far as I'm concerned is Jim Carrey. He is funny in no way at all.

But, given that this country has the overall intellect of a four-year-old it, it's understandable.

All suck. But for some reason I watch Joe Dirt when I stumble across it.

Me too....but even the sun shines on a dogs azz some days.

Me too....but even the sun shines on a dogs azz some days.

Brandy and Walken.
  • Like 1

the jerk

roxanne

parenthood

You seem like a smart and thoughtful enough guy that you would really enjoy LA story. As far as I'm concerned, maybe some of his best work. He didn't just act in it by the way.

A kiss may not be reality, but it is that which we wish it to be.

Overall, Steve Martin is the very definition of a renaissance man. Just ridiculously intelligent and talented in so many different ways. Whether you care for his comedy or not. Not all of it strikes my fancy. But I can certainly appreciate his genius.

Big points for super Mike. Andy Kaufman could have been a stillborn and brought more to the table.

Kevin James. Awful.

You suck

Dane Cook

Kevin James

Aziz Ansari

David spade

Ansari sucks, spade sucks. Cook was actually better on TV and movies than as a comic.

King of Queens was a great show. Screw u all

• Like 1

King of Queens was a great show. Screw u all

I liked it better when it was called According to Jim

Lol

You seem like a smart and thoughtful enough guy that you would really enjoy LA story. As far as I'm concerned, maybe some of his best work. He didn't just act in it by the way.

i have seen it, but thought it was a flat. i enjoyed some of the poking at life in southern california, but at the time it did not do a lot for me. only have seen it once. i'll give it another shot.

A kiss may not be reality, but it is that which we wish it to be.

Overall, Steve Martin is the very definition of a renaissance man. Just ridiculously intelligent and talented in so many different ways. Whether you care for his comedy or not. Not all of it strikes my fancy. But I can certainly appreciate his genius.

agree.

also, while not a wonderful movie, my blue heaven with rick moranis entertained me

How the hell are we on post #27 and no Pauley Shore?

Encino man and Son in law were funny movies. The rest of his films were total garbage and his standup routine isn't all that good. But the weasel era of the early 90's caught on with the public and his catch phrases were uttered a lot. He had a successful two year run. Better entertainer than Cedric and Kevin Hart.

you mean when king of queens debuted 3 years earlier and was not even remotely the same show?

Kevin Hart has always seemed forced to me. Like someone said get me a black guy. Make him funny. I'll promote him.

you mean when king of queens debuted 3 years earlier and was not even remotely the same show?

Wow, you're really taking ownership of this aren't you?

I mean like any of the 15 shows where there's the fat stupid husband and The Sassy smart hot wife.

Yeah, those two shows were all so different. LOL

Kevin Hart has always seemed forced to me. Like someone said get me a black guy. Make him funny. I'll promote him.

In general, I just don't like being screamed at. Sam Kinison was the exception. But too many unfunny black people that were trying to be comedians think if they just scream loud enough and long enough then they'll get laughs. Kevin Hart's one of them. That Hideous beast from Saturday Night Live is another one.

It's not a racial thing. Patrice O'Neal is one of my favorite comedians and he was cool as . Eddie Murphy back in the day, Pryor before that? None of them need to scream to be funny.

That Hideous beast from Saturday Night Live is another one.

Eddie Murphy back in the day. None of them need to scream to be funny.

she's a goonie goo goo gus

• Like 1

Dane Cook

Kevin James

Aziz Ansari

David spade

Spade is a good one. Seemed to glom on to Farley more than anything.

Just Shoot Me was funny more despite him than because of him.

Though I disagree on Hart and Ansari

How the hell are we on post #27 and no Pauley Shore?

Listen to the Joe Rogan podcast with Pauley... interesting as hell. Give you a new respect for him.

• Like 1

That Hideous beast from Saturday Night Live is another one.

you are an ist if you don't like the snl manbeast. Racist. Sexist. Agist. You focking ist. Be ashamed.

Adam Sandler by mile.

/thread

Wow, you're really taking ownership of this aren't you?

I mean like any of the 15 shows where there's the fat stupid husband and The Sassy smart hot wife.

Yeah, those two shows were all so different. LOL

taking ownership? no wonder I have you on ignore. unfortunately it doesn't ignore when other people quote you.

husband and wife sitcoms have been around since..... a long focking time? Aside from the husbands being fat (honeymooners), the wives being sassy/hot (honeymooners), king of queens was a young couple with no kids living with the wifes father and hanging out with his work buddies. From what I can even remember of According to Jim, it was Jim trying to be a mans man while surrounded by women and daughters and his best friend was his wifes brother? I didn't watch that one a ton.

Every sitcom like that (everybody loves raymond etc..) is going to have some elements of similarity but your comment made no sense.

you liked it better when it was called a show that didn't exist at the time it first aired? :wacko:

I was trying to figure out the name of the recent Netflix movie with Sandler in it, because I can't make it through much of it.

Sandler, of course, is a master of cinematic yelling. He’s yelled in almost every star vehicle he’s ever brought to the masses, from Billy Madison to The Waterboy to more sensitive efforts like Funny People or Punch-Drunk Love. Long ago, in his salad days as a Saturday Night Live cast member, Sandler figured out that there was just something elementally funny about him vainly yelling into the void.

Oy vey.