Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Burgers are better than steaks.

Restaurants suck. If you can't grill a better burger and steak than any restaurant you're doing it wrong.

Restaurants suck. If you can't grill a better burger and steak than any restaurant you're doing it wrong.

Anyone can make a really good steak at home - not everyone has access to dry aged prime beef or an 1800* commercial grade broiler.

Steak should never ever be close to medium. Da fuk?

Yuck, medium is the minimum for me. I can't stand gummy nasty close to raw meat even if it tastes divine. I need med-med well or it makes me gag.

Not a fan of places that feel they need to 'sear' a perfectly good piece of meat at cremation level flame and heat.

One of the worst things you can do IMO.

No great burger is better than a great steak.

There are some steak that are still good when cooked to medium. No burger should be cooked past rare.

Veggie burgers are the best. I highly recommend field roast.

Get the Fock out

Get the Fock out

Simmer down. I know you tough guys will have a hard time imagining the possibility, but some veggie burgers are really good. As good as any beef burger Ive ever had.

Simmer down. I know you tough guys will have a hard time imagining the possibility, but some veggie burgers are really good. As good as any beef burger Ive ever had.

No they aren't nor will they ever be

• Like 1

Do you make your own? I'm trying to incorporate some meatless days into my weekly meal plan.

I've made black bean and chickpea burgers. Both pretty decent. Or are you talking about the fake meat stuff?

Anyone can make a really good steak at home - not everyone has access to dry aged prime beef or an 1800* commercial grade broiler.

Speaking of broiler.

I cooked my last ribeye steaks under the oven broiler at home. The damn propain tank was close to empty and I didn't feel like filling it. I improvised and was VERY happy with my results.

Do you make your own? I'm trying to incorporate some meatless days into my weekly meal plan.

I've made black bean and chickpea burgers. Both pretty decent. Or are you talking about the fake meat stuff?

Personally I don't, but Ive tried good ones made from black beans, quinoa, and taro. Although I don't care for them, there are decent ones made from mushrooms as well.

But seriously, field roast is delicious: http://fieldroast.com/product/hand-formed-burger/

Speaking of broiler.

I cooked my last ribeye steaks under the oven broiler at home. The damn propain tank was close to empty and I didn't feel like filling it. I improvised and was VERY happy with my results.

Using a broiler is actually the preferred method of cooking steaks.

I sear both sides in a cast iron skillet then throw it in the oven to broil for a few minutes.

Save the grill for the burgers.

Get the Fock out

Give him a break......he lives in Hawaii so his choices are spam, poi (or some other pan-asian crap)and veggie burgers.

I sous vide my steaks. I cant grill to save my life, but with sous vide I make perfect steaks every time.

Throw it in the water for an hour or so and then sear for texture.

Heres the difference between a sous vide steak vs a traditionally grilled steak:

https://d3awvtnmmsvyot.cloudfront.net/api/file/g7bxNK6JRFO5Q4oG1VxF/convert?fit=max&w=1450&quality=60&cache=true&rotate=exif&compress=true

Ive been wanting to try this method for a while now. Seems like it's catching on more and more too.

Give him a break......he lives in Hawaii so his choices are spam, poi (or some other pan-asian crap)and veggie burgers.

I thought Hawaii had some very good food

They do

I sear both sides in a cast iron skillet then throw it in the oven to broil for a few minutes.

Wife loves when I cook em that way

• Like 1

I would eat more Burgers during the week than I would stake

I would assume stakes are pretty bland. Very woody or metallic taste to them

Ive been wanting to try this method for a while now. Seems like it's catching on more and more too.

I can't recommend it enough. I absolutely love it. I use it a lot in the winter for pork shoulder and brisket too because I can't use my smoker.

Ever had a cheese burger on french bread? Becoming my favorite bread to eat burgers on.

Oh man they do. I was shocked since Iv had some bad experiences with Hawaiian food til I went there. Had multiple amazing meals and traditional plate lunches.

Ever had a cheese burger on french bread? Becoming my favorite bread to eat burgers on.

the is a place in san francisco that i started going to when i was about 10 called the front room. they did a french buger.... cheeseburger on sourdough roll, with french dressing. They were more know for their pizzas. very unique crust. they offered something i have not seen elsewhere: chinese pizza: bbq pork (char siu) and green onion.

One still exists, but ownership and menu are different.

the is a place in san francisco that i started going to when i was about 10 called the front room. they did a french buger.... cheeseburger on sourdough roll, with french dressing. They were more know for their pizzas. very unique crust. they offered something i have not seen elsewhere: chinese pizza: bbq pork (char siu) and green onion.

One still exists, but ownership and menu are different.

When you were here did you eat a poor-boy samich? That's the kind of bread I'm talking about.

When you were here did you eat a poor-boy samich? That's the kind of bread I'm talking about.

you could get it on a softer french roll, or harder crusted baguette. the softer sourdough is close to po boys. we hit domilise's for po boys when we were there

You ever have the Muffaletta at Johnny's Po Boys? Celebrity chef Scott Conant was on y-day saying it was one of the best things he's ever eaten.. It looked damn good that's for sure.

• Like 1

You ever have the Muffaletta at Johnny's Po Boys? Celebrity chef Scott Conant was on y-day saying it was one of the best things he's ever eaten.. It looked damn good that's for sure.

we did on our trip last may

I have. One of the best in town. I love a good muffaletta. Had one for dinner Saturday night. There's a place here that does a seafood muffalleta with fried shrimp and catfish.

we did on our trip last may

Oh no kidding? Wow - that thing looked yummy. I'm guessing it was even better than it looked.

Oh no kidding? Wow - that thing looked yummy. I'm guessing it was even better than it looked.

You can make your own. You can buy the olive salad online. The hard thing is getting the bread. The bread is as important as the olive salad.

one muffuletta loaf, marinated olive salad, layers of mortadella, salami, mozzarella, ham, provolone. The muffuletta is both a type of round Sicilian sesame bread and a popular sandwich originating among Italian immigrants in New Orleans, Louisiana using the same bread.

• Like 1