1 oz chopped thyme

1 oz chopped lavender

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1 stick of butter

3- 4 tbs honey

1 1/2 c chicken stock

1/4 c red wine

pre-heat oven to 375. finely chopped thyme, lavender, salt and pepper..... rinse bird: interior and exterior. dry it. oil outside. create pockets between skin and muscle. mix herbs. apply herb mixture inside and out of skin. do a small dice of 1 or 2 sticks of butter.. place between skin and muscle. just s&p inside cavity. use it's stock and it's own juices to baste (about every 15 min).. about half way through cooking, i add honey to the basting liquid and continue basting with the honey/lavender mix...... gives it a nice glaze/sauce.... about 10-15 min before serving a make a sauce out of the liquid..... i'll deglaze with a little red wine.... add some roux.... finish with a little butter.

and an easy one..... marsala (chicken or veal)

4 oz unsalted butter (by weight)
4 oz flour (by weight)

1/2 C or so of flour
S&P

1-2 tbs veg or olive oil (we use blended in the kitchen)
1 shallot minced
2 C button mushrooms (finely sliced)
1 1/2 C stock (use chicken if chicken, use beef if veal)
1 1/2 C marsala wine
1 tbs butter
1/4 - 1/8 C cream

preheat oven to 150-175. melt butter. add flour cook for about 5-8 min.... want a lighter roux. under saran wrap pound chicken or veal flat until it is about 1/8 - 1/4" thick. mix s&p into flour. lightly dredge meat. in a separate pan heat pan (med-high), add oil until hot enough to cook. sear your meat cook about 90%... set aside in the low temp oven (150 - 175). and more oil... saute mushrooms... add shallots when shrooms are 75% cooked. cook for about 2-3 more min. deglaze with marsala.. then add stock. reduce by 1/2. while boiling add 1-2 tsp of roux... whisking constantly.. it will thicken in a few minutes. if your need more, add more a little at a time. add cream.. boil until reaches desired consistency. finish with butter. check meat for doneness.... just top meat with sauce. very good with noodles, risotto, and spaetzle.

edit: to add list of ingredients to recipe

• Like 2

Too much effort :(

it's a roasted chicken with honey/lavender sauce. you can do it!

When the Fvck this bored become Good Housekeeping or Rachel Fvcking Ray board ????

WTF man.

When the Fvck this bored become Good Housekeeping or Rachel Fvcking Ray board ????

WTF man.

was trying to do some community service by offering a few recipes per week. throw it to a vote. give it a week. 51% don't want it, i will stop. no problem.

was trying to do some community service by offering a few recipes per week. throw it to a vote. give it a week. 51% don't want it, i will stop. no problem.

I appreciate the culinary wizardry

I appreciate your efforts :thumbsup:

However maybe post a simple recipe every now and then? Not too much prep or technique.

Also no focking cilantro :mad: :lol:

:( these are the easier ones :(

i rarely cook complex dishes at home these days. only cook ones that take a decent amount of time on weekends.

i will start posting grilling and pan sear recipes (much quicker)

WTF man.

Don't click on the thread title...

You can post anything you want. No vote needed. Duh.

Just saying WTF what are we curliest now ??

BTW Cilantro goes with everything.

Yum! You sound like a great cook!

Too much effort :(

Buy a box of Hamburger Helper, you focking savage.

Also... I appreciate the recipes. Bier is one of the few posters with excellent focking taste. You focksticks could learn a thing or two from him.

You can post anything you want. No vote needed. Duh.

well, i wouldn't want to waste my time or yours (collectively)

Just saying WTF what are we curliest now ??

i think we comprise many walks of life

BTW Cilantro goes with everything.

i enjoy cooking and eating rustic, regional cuisine. most of the restaurants i worked in had a European backbone. a few were more eclectic. i like mexican and love asian, but mostly had to make it at home.... both have many regions that utilize cilantro (not all). I like it, so i use it.

Also... I appreciate the recipes. Bier is one of the few posters with excellent focking taste. You focksticks could learn a thing or two from him.

He lost me at the roux. Otherwise not too shabby.

Then again I don't practice gourmet cooking skills for my cats, so maybe I'm a bit behind the curve :(

He lost me at the roux. Otherwise not too shabby.

Then again I don't practice gourmet cooking skills for my cats, so maybe I'm a bit behind the curve :(

Roux is the basis for just about any good sauce of gravy. You'd have to live under a rock not to know that.

personally, I find lavender to be way too overpowering,

might as well splash a little obsession mixed with polo on the bird.

personally, I find lavender to be way too overpowering,

might as well splash a little obsession mixed with polo on the bird.

i guess the lavender creme brulee is out.

i think gfiafp migh have a few threads for you

i guess the lavender creme brulee is out.

i think gfiafp migh have a few threads for you

Try rose hips. Still floral, not nearly as cloying.

That tirade made me feel funny in my special place. Please, continue.

.... no cilantro..... for wiff

1 whole chicken, cleaned

1 oz chopped thyme

1 oz chopped lavendar

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1 stick of butter

3- 4 tbs honey

1 1/2 c chicken stock

1/4 c red wine

pre-heat oven to 375. finely chopped thyme, lavender, salt and pepper..... rinse bird: interior and exterior. dry it. oil outside. create pockets between skin and muscle. mix herbs. apply herb mixture inside and out of skin. do a small dice of 1 or 2 sticks of butter.. place between skin and muscle. just s&p inside cavity. use it's stock and it's own juices to baste (about every 15 min).. about half way through cooking, i add honey to the basting liquid and continue basting with the honey/lavender mix...... gives it a nice glaze/sauce.... about 10-15 min before serving a make a sauce out of the liquid..... i'll deglaze with a little red wine.... add some roux.... finish with a little butter.

My wife loves to cook; this looks really interesting. Lavender, eh? Also, does the butter between the skin and muscle help to make the skin crispy? I hate when the skin isn't crispy.

Also cilantro rocks; how much would you add if we weren't savages? In fact I'll start a spermoff thread on this because it seems quite passionate on both sides. :cheers:

• Like 1

butter-> flavor, texture

it will brown and crisp naturally while roasting. i do this for my thanksgiving turkey as well. i originally did this with a whole duck for the restaurant (served half). my wife does not like duck, but liked everything else about the dish so i started making this with chicken at home. no cilantro... this one is influenced from the south of france. i will post something with it either later this week or next.

i am on my own this week and enjoy longer cooking when they are away.

butter-> flavor, texture

it will brown and crisp naturally while roasting. i do this for my thanksgiving turkey as well. i originally did this with a whole duck for the restaurant (served half). my wife does not like duck, but liked everything else about the dish so i started making this with chicken at home. no cilantro... this one is influenced from the south of france. i will post something with it either later this week or next.

i am on my own this week and enjoy longer cooking when they are away.

Thanks. Just showed the recipe to my wife; she asked where she should go to buy lavender?

amazon has some. sprouts might. red rock.... call ahead

I'll leave flowers out of my chicken recipes, thanks. But it looks good otherwise.

i would then suggest adding an ounce of chopped fresh oregano, and 1/2 oz of chopped fresh rosemary. it is not as good with thyme as the sole herb. shoot- add the other two with the lavender to reduce it's intensity.

also- this is very good with roasted red potatoes (wedges)...

preheat oven to 425. quarter 5 potatoes per person. boil for about 20 minutes. melt half stick of butter. strain potatoes. toss in big bowl with melted butter, garlic salt, italian seasonings. spread on baking sheet. roast until cripsy (20 more minutes)

amazon has some. sprouts might. red rock.... call ahead

Amazon it is, thanks. :cheers:

Are you a chef by trade ?

i was for about 10+ years in vail and breckenridge

Are you a chef by trade ?

Seriously. Should be if not.

Cool. Keep them coming.

:IDidntJustSayThatOutLoudRight:

Dang. Too bad you're in Marin. I'd pay you for portions of your cooking as I'm not going to be able to do it myself coming up.

How about just having 1 thread labelled menus so it's all in one place?

Dang. Too bad you're in Marin. I'd pay you for portions of your cooking as I'm not going to be able to do it myself coming up.

my first 2 years back in SF (2011 and 2012), i started my own personal chef business. i was only cooking for family and friends. money was very good (and i gave them excellent deals). good enough that I only needed to work 2-3 days/week. i would do events up to 50 people.... buffet, plated, wine and cheese pairing/education, cocktail parties (app only), prix fixe with wine parings, etc. it was the least stressful cooking i had done, plus i was surrounded by friends. only problems was that everyone's events were on the weekends, so i was missing my daughter's activities.

How about just having 1 thread labelled menus so it's all in one place?

up to you guys.... if you all have questions, seems easier with separate threads.

my first 2 years back in SF (2011 and 2012), i started my own personal chef business. i was only cooking for family and friends. money was very good (and i gave them excellent deals). good enough that I only needed to work 2-3 days/week. i would do events up to 50 people.... buffet, plated, wine and cheese pairing/education, cocktail parties (app only), prix fixe with wine parings, etc. it was the least stressful cooking i had done, plus i was surrounded by friends. only problems was that everyone's events were on the weekends, so i was missing my daughter's activities.

up to you guys.... if you all have questions, seems easier with separate threads.

On the big off chance, did you ever come across Janette Mikity? A former coworker/friend of mine that worked in Vail Resorts for along time and now lives in Beckonridge CO.

https://www.facebook.com/jmikity1?fref=ts

On the big off chance, did you ever come across Janette Mikity? A former coworker/friend of mine that worked in Vail Resorts for along time and now lives in Beckonridge CO.

https://www.facebook.com/jmikity1?fref=ts

i do not, and i also lived in breckenridge for 6 years

Bier, you want to peridocially execute my pinterest cooking pins? I'm creeping through them.

Some quickies: Chicken, sun-dried tomato & asparagus pesto sandwich

Spinach and artichoke grilled cheese

7 minute garlic jalapeno whipped feta spread :wub:

i could do the sammich. i am not a big artichoke guy, but wife and daughter are so when they get back ill make it for them. i don't love jalapeno so that's a maybe.