Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Ricky Seals-Jones, you buyin'?

Back to back weeks with good stats, 3 TD's in 2 games w/ 63 yds game avg. He seems to have a connection with Gabbert. Anybody believing in it?

One word.Engram

+1

It also helps that Gresham was more active this week to the point he saw 3 targets and that this did not interfer with Seals-Jones usage or production.

Would you dump Olsen for him? Other option would probably be Henry

Not Henry. Olsen depends on health reports

Would agree, if Olsen can go I would keep him.

For Henry whom I'm not a big fan off yeah, for Henry I would.

So you'd go RSJ over Henry ROS?

Yeah I think I would.

Like the way he looks.

I'm targeting Henry over rsj. Henry has a better schedule ROS, better offense, and with Williams going down should see increased work. That said, rsj is not far behind him imo and I won't be upset at all if I end up with rsj.

I'm TE poor, don't have options like Engram, Henry, etc. I was counting on Olsen to be back and healthy and that is definitely in question right now. I've been getting by with ASJ, but need all the firepower for the playoffs I can muster which why I gambled on Olsen. I have Vernon Davis I can drop, but need a 1 week filler if Olsen needs more time (or potentially longer if Olsen doesn't make it back). I'd rather have a swing for the fence guy like RSJ than a 4 pts a game guy like ASJ I guess. Was looking to the wisdom of the bored for more input.

Well, RSJ gets WAS (allowing 5th most to TEs) in week15 and NYG (tops in TE points allowed) for week16.

There's not much in the way of week 11-12 highlights up on YouTube; but in the TD he scored Sunday, my first impression was that he moved more like a cat than a TE.

Well, RSJ gets WAS (allowing 5th most to TEs) in week15 and NYG (tops in TE points allowed) for week16.

There's not much in the way of week 11-12 highlights up on YouTube; but in the TD he scored Sunday, my first impression was that he moved more like a cat than a TE.

Converted WR, so you're not far off. Not a blocker, and seems to have the eye of Gabbert. We've all seen the QB's on the 2nd team lock in on guys they practice with who also move up to 1st team.

Kills any and all Gmen.

So far he's gotten 11 targets on 25 snaps over the last 2 weeks which is pretty insane. Those targets aren't just empty targets either as they've obviously translated into great production going 7/126/3.

The downside here is that he's only played 25 snaps the last 2 weeks which amounts to just 14% and 23% of available snaps. Also his current rate of .44 targets per snap is unsustainable as the leading receiver in targets last year, Mike Evans, topped out at a rate of .18 targets per snap, so clearly his snap count has to increase for him to continue the productivity. Another downside is that Arians isn't the best about giving rookies playing time as he let David Johnson ride the bench for most of his rookie year before he was forced to make him a workhorse due to injuries.

• Like 1

If I can't grab Henry would you take RSJ over Cook, ASJ, Julius Thomas?

I also still have Olsen

Yes.

I am going to try to pick him up for the playoffs to cover myself in case Olsen has another set back. The waiver wire is a wasteland right now for TEs.

So far he's gotten 11 targets on 25 snaps over the last 2 weeks which is pretty insane. Those targets aren't just empty targets either as they've obviously translated into great production going 7/126/3.

The downside here is that he's only played 25 snaps the last 2 weeks which amounts to just 14% and 23% of available snaps. Also his current rate of .44 targets per snap is unsustainable as the leading receiver in targets last year, Mike Evans, topped out at a rate of .18 targets per snap, so clearly his snap count has to increase for him to continue the productivity. Another downside is that Arians isn't the best about giving rookies playing time as he let David Johnson ride the bench for most of his rookie year before he was forced to make him a workhorse due to injuries.

It's hard to argue with 3 TD in 2 weeks. Fighting for a playoff spot, seems like they may have found another weapon. :dunno:

One word.Engram

This. At this point I am willing to try anything. Better than the 6 points he has got in the last 2 weeks.

I dropped Rod Smith and picked up RSJ. That may change by Thursday if Reed doesn't go and VDavis is still available (fool me once). But I get nothing out of either a win or a loss this week in the league all this is in, so RSJ for the playoffs as a backup to Olsen may be the play anyway.

What about now that Eli has been benched for Geno Smith?,,,

What about now that Eli has been benched for Geno Smith?,,,

Engram has had butterfingers of late. I expect him to correct that issue.

With Geno, still to be determined. It's not like Eli was even close to average in productivity so maybe Geno will give them a spark.

With that said, it does cloud EE's out look but one thing he's getting that RSJ isn't right now is a lot of snaps.

After the top 3-4 TEs, its a crapshoot. RSJ could easily wet the bed, no clue.

It's hard to argue with 3 TD in 2 weeks. Fighting for a playoff spot, seems like they may have found another weapon. :dunno:

True but for trends you have to look at volume opportunities. If I tell you a guy is going to get targeted on half the snaps he plays but only plays 8 snaps seems like a bad bet going forward

If your WR are crappy, you have nothing to lose by picking this guy up.

Yes he has dropped a few, but the targets are there. I'd rather take a chance with this kid than a lot of the other scrubs on the wire.

Engram has had butterfingers of late. I expect him to correct that issue.

With Geno, still to be determined. It's not like Eli was even close to average in productivity so maybe Geno will give them a spark.

With that said, it does cloud EE's out look but one thing he's getting that RSJ isn't right now is a lot of snaps.

After the top 3-4 TEs, its a crapshoot. RSJ could easily wet the bed, no clue.

I'm buying this on Engram.

Back up QBs tend to buy into big body targets, and while Engrams numbers where depreciating even with Eli,, the fact remains that with so few TE targets available, I will ride with Engram going forward ahead of ASJ types and all new comers.. Seals.

I dropped Brate for him. Brate is the #11 TE overall in my league, even when getting less than 4pts the last 3 weeks. That is how bad the TE position has been all year.

Who is the better play this week? Jared Cook, Brate or ASJ? Cook has killed me the last 2 weeks and Brate has been horrible but Winston is getting the start this week.

True but for trends you have to look at volume opportunities. If I tell you a guy is going to get targeted on half the snaps he plays but only plays 8 snaps seems like a bad bet going forward

Agreed, but the pickings are slim...if Olsen is a full-go I'm fine, but I'm getting boxed in. With the only other legit option being Vernon Davis, I have to decide by tomorrow thanks to the thurs night game.

Davis

Fiedorowicz

Higbee

Kittle

Njoku

M Lewis

N Paul

V Green

R Rodgers

C Fleener

J Gresham

V McDonald

pretty freakin slim.

Who is the better play this week? Jared Cook, Brate or ASJ? Cook has killed me the last 2 weeks and Brate has been horrible but Winston is getting the start this week.

Cook.

He must produce both starting WRs won't be playing.

Good luck.

I don't know if there are other folks in a similar predicament this week, but I'm putting my money where my mouth is:

RSJ is going to get the start for me over Kareem Hunt in my flex in the one high-stakes league I have to set a lineup for this week. Aaron Jones, Mike Davis and Dede Westbrook are other options I'm going to sit in favor of RSJ. (How I wish GB would just make this an easy decision for me and go with Jones this week ...)

I've wrestled with it all week long, and here is the conclusion I've reached in regards to RSJ vs. Hunt. The Chiefs are taking Hunt off the field in two-minute drills and passing downs in favor of West, meaning Hunt has become mostly an early-down back running behind a o-line who always seems to have one guy blow an assignment and is attached to a team with a defense that is struggling to stop anyone.

Back in September, Hunt dominated the fourth quarter. Over the last two weeks combined. he has seen a total of nine touches in the second half, including two in Week 13. This has happened despite the fact KC hasn't trailed by more than seven points in either game, so there hasn't been much commitment to the running game either.

• Like 1

Gutsy move Doug

I don't understand what KC is doing w Hunt but I have a feeling he is let loose at some point. Too much talent there

Have RSJ on standby in case Ertz can't go.

Would have no issue starting him.

Gutsy move Doug

I don't understand what KC is doing w Hunt but I have a feeling he is let loose at some point. Too much talent there

I have started Hunt every week possible up to this point. I agree he's going to bust loose at some point (he should with the fantasy playoff schedule he has) and my decision has nothing to do with Hunt as a player, but his situation has changed dramatically. He hasn't topped 50 rushing yards in four of his last five games and we aren't talking about a host of tough run defenses over that time. He's carried the ball 20 times over the last two weeks combined. It's the lack of commitment to him along with the fact West steals too many passing-down snaps from him now.

Granted, I wouldn't be making this move if I didn't feel so great about RSJ the rest of the way. The Titans have been getting gouged by TEs lately and RSJ isn't exactly a normal tight end. (He was running routes against Trumaine Johnson out wide last week and creating separation. It just feels odd to roll with him over a player I know should be getting more love but isn't. It's been a long time since I've been this torn about a lineup decision.