Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

People rollin' w/ "Matty Ice?"

Man, what a fall for Matt Ryan this year... QB20 per FFT's QB Points Scored page. :thumbsdown:

I originally drafted him for Weeks 14 and 16, vs. the Saints. But, the Saints defense has turned it around, and now I'm not so keen on the matchup.

OAK QB D. Carr is on the WW, and I'm thinking of grabbing him and playing him over Ryan. Thing is - Carr has had horrendous games against KC in the past, and the game is in KC.

Folks who made the playoffs "in spite of" drafting Ryan as their QB1, what are YOU doing?! :dunno:

I would start Ryan over Carr

KCs Defense is in a free fall. Saints will clock control. I would play Carr

Peters suspended, this is probably the one week to start Carr. Unless you want 12-15 points guaranteed, because that is the full range of Matt Ryan games.

Yeah I just read that he's out for this gam, because he tossed away a flag. Ok.

That would change my pick too Carr

I have started Ryan pretty much all year and snuck into the playoffs thanks to a horrible division. I have no idea what I'm going to do at this point. Hope that helps. Garappolo?

In the same boat as you Op. On the one hand you have Ryan who has only gone over 300yds 3x this year (@Chi, @Car, vs TB) and hasn't thrown for more than 2 TDs in a game.

However, his last 3 matchups at home vs. the Saints:

331yds 4TD

334yds 2TD

448yds 3TD

On the other hand you have Carr who as you stated hasn't cleared 225yds or thrown for more than 1 TD at KC. He will likely be without Cooper. But, he did throw for 417yds and 3TDs earlier this year against them at Oak and Peters is out as mentioned. He still threw for 287yds and a TD last week w/o Crabtree and Cooper but it was at home (vs NYG). Carr has thrown for over 300yds 3x this year (@Buf, @Mia, vs KC) and thrown for 3 TDs 2x (vs NYJ, vs KC). KC also hasn't given up more than 20pts at home this year (Phi, Was, Pit, Den, Buf) but that's with Peters.

I'm thinking I may have to trot Ryan out 1 more time and hope he puts together his best game of the season. I haven't made the playoffs in this league, yet. If I win this week, I'm in. If I lose, I'm out.

Edited: Cooper may play.

I am starting Ryan this week in 2 dynasty leagues that i am in the playoff. Holy crap has he sucked, but not much better options were available on WW throughout the year, one of the leagues has 14 teams 35 roster spots and the other 12 teams with 36 roster spots.

I hope my other players step it up because they will have to make up for Ryan. :mad:

Ugh; I was over-bid for OAK QB... :cry:

Other QBs available: TB, SF, and ARI. I'll need to hit the WW after work / before 8:30, if I'm to sit Ryan for a different QB. :unsure:

Rotoworld's matchup article likes Ryan, FWIW. :dunno:

At this point I am using Matt Ryan as a gauge when deciding whether to pay any attention to an 'expert'. For example, if a guy suggests Matt Ryan as a middle-QB1 or a good tournament play in DFS, I can safely stop reading.

Ryan: 221 yds, 1 TD, 3 INTs.

A lot of teams will be knocked out of the playoffs because of that. Assuming they were lucky enough to make the playoffs after drafting that bum.

I've been patient all season, and have even defended this bum. I really try not to be overreaction guy, but this guy is all but dead to me.

OP, here. Yeah, I played him... I figured ATL "had something to play for" - whereas TB, SF and ARI QBs do NOT.

Thankfully, this league has 2-week playoff combined scores. I'll need to make up the points elsewhere, obviously ..

People waited all year for this game and he stinks it up. I tried to tell ya. Lattimore playing, shouldn’t be starting a QB vs him anyway, even though Julio had a nice game I know.