Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

In recent memory, what's the most overrated movie?

to this day have never seen it and refuse to

you should check out carrot top.

one of my favorites although I understand many peoples dislike toward it. It was basically set up to be Scorsese's award winner and featured a rock star cast. I guess if someone is a mob movie snob, they wouldn't like it.

as for the end, im not sure I get what you mean there. It was farily obvious Matt Damon was going to die... and while i'll admit to not really seeing the set up for Leo getting popped, I was telling my friend halfway through that Marky Mark was definitely killing Damon. From the moment Damon starts rapidly rising in the ranks and gets put on that same case, Wahlberg's character knows something's up. Plus, once Leo leaves the girlfriend the tape evidence, you know Wahlberg is going to find out and get revenge.

The rat symbolizes obviousness

I have that on my overrated list. A caricature of mob flicks, and the end didn't follow the rule for suspension of disbelief (that is, they did not reasonably establish that those events would happen).

Well duh. And, it insists upon itself.

You don't know what you're talking about , that was an instant classic. :nono:

I really need to go ice fishing!

A lot of bad choices in here. Some of you guys have no idea what a good movie is.

The last one I saw that I thought was truly focking terrible despite getting lots of accolades was Birdman. Seriously, what a self-indulgent piece of garbage.

Lala Land had that possibility too but I think it was just creative enough to avoid total sh1tshow status

I loved Birdman

Probably not "over-rated" but dang, I couldn't believe just how dogsh!t of a movie The Hateful Eight was.

Jesus, there are seniors Bridge tournaments that aren't as chatty as that movie was.

I honestly have seen very few movies in the last few years worth a damn. My top three from the last several years would have to be...

Kingsman

Hitmans bodyguard

Guardians of the galaxy 2

And none of those movies are special at all. What happened to the Forrest gumps and Shawshank, and American beauty kind of movies?

I honestly have seen very few movies in the last few years worth a damn. My top three from the last several years would have to be...

Kingsman

Hitmans bodyguard

Guardians of the galaxy 2

And none of those movies are special at all. What happened to the Forrest gumps and Shawshank, and American beauty kind of movies?

I'm not saying there are movies comparable to those you mention (except Forrest Gump, which was pretty mediocre IMO) but the action and sci fi genres lend themselves to rehashed stories dependent upon special effects more than dialogue and good acting. The only decent one I can think of in the last few years was Mad Max: Fury Road.

I'm not saying there are movies comparable to those you mention (except Forrest Gump, which was pretty mediocre IMO) but the action and sci fi genres lend themselves to rehashed stories dependent upon special effects more than dialogue and good acting. The only decent one I can think of in the last few years was Mad Max: Fury Road.

Yeah. I agree. But other than animated movies and action adventure crap, they dont make anything anymore.

Not even much in the way of war movies anymore. I saw Dunkirk, it was weak.

Come to think of it, the I Spit on Your Grave sequels were actually much better than the original.

All of the Revenge Death Scenes were Top Notch. Really take some imagination. But I think one of my personal favorites was when she jammed a shotgun up a guy's arsehole while he was bent over a table facing his Sun who was unconscious. The sun was hooked up to the hair trigger on the shotgun. So, when the sun became conscious and started jiggling around trying to figure out where he was he accidentally pulled the trigger on the shotgun there was up his dad's ass and it shot through his dad right through his throat and head and killed the Son.

That is some quality filmmaking right there.

Yeah. I agree. But other than animated movies and action adventure crap, they dont make anything anymore.

Not even much in the way of war movies anymore. I saw Dunkirk, it was weak.

I haven't seen many of the Best Picture nominees in the last 5 years, but I liked Amour, Argo, Captain Phillips, Wolf of Wall Street, American Sniper and The Martian. I heard Boyhood and Birdman are excellent. Of less acclaimed movies, I really liked Get Out and The Lobster.

Boyhood sucked

Prisoners

Demolition

Dallas buyers club

Moonrise kingdom

Grand Budapest hotel

Were good movies off the top of my head

Come to think of it, the I Spit on Your Grave sequels were actually much better than the original.

All of the Revenge Death Scenes were Top Notch. Really take some imagination. But I think one of my personal favorites was when she jammed a shotgun up a guy's arsehole while he was bent over a table facing his Sun who was unconscious. The sun was hooked up to the hair trigger on the shotgun. So, when the sun became conscious and started jiggling around trying to figure out where he was he accidentally pulled the trigger on the shotgun there was up his dad's ass and it shot through his dad right through his throat and head and killed the Son.

But the original was just that: original :thumbsup:

But the original was just that: original :thumbsup:

When my brother died, we had him cremated.

Is mom got older, she had more and more difficulty with basic things like eating and swallowing. When they say that somebody died of Alzheimer's, or Lou Gehrig's Disease, things like that? That's what they really mean. The body literally loses the ability for even the most automatic of functions like swallowing.

Sometimes, I would hand my mom my brothers urn.

It wasn't so much I Spit on Your Grave as it was I Drool on your ashes.

Matthew was not the sheriff's son (or sun as you put it)... He only had a daughter...

There are tons of great movies. Its just that nearly all of them are foreign or independent. Hollywood movies for the most part suck whether youre talking about action blockbusters or Oscar bait.