Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Niners going hot hand at the Rb postion.

I hope you did indeed trade Hyde for some value.

Reports came out that SF is wanting to

re-sign Hyde for next year, now it's all about the hot hand. Wow.

Reports came out that SF is wanting to

re-sign Hyde for next year, now it's all about the hot hand. Wow.

That was one week excuse for limited carries for Hyde. I have not seen that as gameplan forward

yeah, whatever.

I suspect the real reason is something that wont come out in the press.

it could be the two bad plays, but more likely he came in late to practice or had a crappy practice and he was being punished.

During the off season sometime he wasn't their type of Rb.

Then he was unbelievable the next week.

It's hard to understand.

Im happily starting him. After this news his value is in the toilet but hes a perfectly decent RB2.

:thumbsup: This.

If he's your RB2 you are in pretty good shape.

Also benching him a little during negotiations

Yes this is the cold col NFL

i was so stoked to have Doug Martin back to run as my flex behind Le'Veon Bell and Carlos Hyde. Now I'm wondering if he's even worth playing still after that debacle this weekend. :wall:

I remember in the summer hearing rumors that Hyde might not even make the team. He's not "their guy" (they didn't draft him) & I honestly think they aren't completely sold they want to resign him so they will want to see what they have in Breida before making that decision. Wouldn't surprise me if Breida gets the bulk of the load sooner rather than later.

Yeah that benching cost me a matchup. And it freaks me out starting him moving forward. It might be that he is untraceable unless he has a good game this week...

It could also be his hip was bothering him last week

He's off the injury report

There's also this blurb...

"Sat, Oct 14

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said there’s "not much of a difference" between Matt Breida and Carlos Hyde.

Advice: Breida outsnapped Hyde and had 13 touches last week. He's trending up with season-highs in carries the past two games and should remain involved moving forward. The 49ers view Breida as a Tevin Coleman complement to Hyde. Breida doesn't have a ton of standalone value, but would be in line for big workloads if Hyde misses time.

More: NBC Bay Area

(Rotoworld.com)"

I was a happy Tevin Coleman owner last year so when his 2016 OC talks, I'm willing to listen.

And this:

Mile High Sports' Benjamin Allbright reports the 49ers are shopping Carlos Hyde.

CSN Bay Area's John Middlekauff adds the 49ers are "open to trading every veteran for the right price." There's rumblings the 49ers want to extend Hyde, but he's a Trent Baalke carryover in a contract year. Hyde would be a half-season rental, so the 49ers likely wouldn't get much in return.

They may need to use him to assure folks that he's healthy. Either that or he's gonna be in bubble wrap him until he's gone. The Carlos Hyde Experience. I've been holding Breida for a bit in anticipation of Hyde's injury. I didn't even imagine that they'd be trying to move him.

9er fan here

It wouldn't surprise me. Shanahan and Lynch have already shown way too much arrogance for a 0-5 team. Behind the scenes no respect given to Navarro Bowman but they'll say all the right things when the mikes are on.

If they tank it a little they get better draft picks and save some $ for all the ex coaches they're still paying

9er fan here

It wouldn't surprise me. Shanahan and Lynch have already shown way too much arrogance for a 0-5 team. Behind the scenes no respect given to Navarro Bowman but they'll say all the right things when the mikes are on.

If they tank it a little they get better draft picks and save some $ for all the ex coaches they're still paying

they gave Bowman just what he wanted. How was he given no respect. Instead of playing on a shitt team going younger he will be employed by a super bowl contender by Monday.

Wouldn't you still hold Hyde as he may get traded to a better situation as opposed to hammering Breida who still plays for a crummy SF team?

Dynasty

Can't wait for Hyde to be set free from that mess

Hyde

Murf there was some stuff earlier in the year that wasn't right but if they are eating his salary and giving him the choice then I respect that as far as Bowman goes

Cam Inman

Cam Inman @CamInman

49ers Brian Hoyer: Everyone has utmost respect for Bo but we also have utmost respect for Kyle & John & what theyre looking for in building

2:57 PM · Oct 13, 2017

Hoyer had to let it deep out that there was dissension between Bowman and Shanahan. I think they're just trying to make it look good by releasing him. There's likely a deal that he keeps quiet.

Well Hyde got 57 snaps and couldnt rush anywhere unless they were on the one yard line. But 5 catches for 49 looks good.

Now what the heck happens next week? Why wouldnt Shanahanigans just run him him into the ground every week since hes a free agent at the end of the year and just use Breida to work some to get better experience for next year?

I'll keep Hyde.....is breida worth dropping someone like Will Fuller or Derrick Henry for?

Nah. Why would you drop Fuller? Hes the top breakout wr of the year. Henry probably has more upside as a stash.