Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

The Dynasty Q&A thread

So its that time of year where re-draft players go back into hiding while us dynasty football junkies are back to working the trade game and studying for our rookie drafts..

I propose a thread for us.. a place we can throw around some trade ideas without the fear of being persecuted for posting in the wrong area (we all know the help forum is dead for the next few months)

I dont have anything specific I want a opinion on but thought I would start the discussion, I have at times found myself stuck on a trade and would have loved some feedback from collective football genius mind that we have assembled here..

I am currently trying to move Forte for the 1st overall pick. In turn, I would then trade down for the 2nd overall and Britt.

I would then grab Blackmon at #2 and hope for the best.

My hope is to build on my WR's, currently sitting on Marhall, Nicks, Little, Amendola, and waiver fodder.

This thread is a great idea and i hope it gets a huge active discussion going - some real back-and-forth. I was starting to think there just wasn't enough interest in dynasty on this board anymore. Since I don't know your team, Till, or your scoring system it is hard to comment on your trade idea. I really like Forte and I traded him way too cheaply in my PPR dynasty league.

My question is - assuming that Richardson is the 1st Rb off the board and that most dynasty owners tend to overvalue the top rookie picks, would the 1.01 owner be willing to give up Richardson for Forte? I also don't think your WRs are terribly bad for a 12 team league.

One WR I'm really high on who you might consider waiver wire fodder is Doug Baldwin. I think he's worth acquiring and own him in at least two of my leagues.

Here's an article that I just got done reading, and is the kind of thing I look for in the 'off-season".

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/13/2023933/seattle-receiver-baldwin-wont.html

Anyway, I hope we discuss anything and everything dynasty related here and that more peeps come out of the woodwork and join in.

I am currently trying to move Forte for the 1st overall pick. In turn, I would then trade down for the 2nd overall and Britt.

My hope is to build on my WR's, currently sitting on Marhall, Nicks, Little, Amendola, and waiver fodder.

Assuming all these trades come together you definetly will be "winning" but I would have to know what your RB's look like to gauge if this is best for your team..

also how many WR's/RB's do you start? not sure you will be starting blackman and britt both? obviously Marshall and Nicks are your 1&2..

I can tell you this though, Britt is definetly a guy I am targeting hard right now as I can see a monster season ahead assuming he keeps his head on straight (it appears he is so far)

I guess if you had a flex spot and a strong 2 rb's even with forte gone everything looks good IMO..

This thread is a great idea and i hope it gets a huge active discussion going - some real back-and-forth. I was starting to think there just wasn't enough interest in dynasty on this board anymore.

Anyway, I hope we discuss anything and everything dynasty related here and that more peeps come out of the woodwork and join in.

glad your on board MFM, your involvment here will be a huge assett!! :cheers:

I'm starting to think that Richardson is the guy thats going to really slip in the NFL draft. ala Aaron Rogers, and last year Mark Ingram.

Maybe Pittsburgh Steelers towards the end of the draft?

BTW - Great thread idea.

:thumbsup:

Till, help me out here. Not knowing your league settings/scoring, you say you're focusing on WR's. I'm surmising that you're in PPR league by that, but just a guess. You already have Marshall and Nicks, which should be a pretty potent combo. And it sounds like you're willing to let go of a top end PPR RB who should be fully healthy by season start for a position that where you're already pretty strong. If possible, give more info on your league/starting rosters.

I'm starting to think that Richardson is the guy thats going to really slip in the NFL draft. ala Aaron Rogers, and last year Mark Ingram.

Maybe Pittsburgh Steelers towards the end of the draft?

BTW - Great thread idea.

:thumbsup:

Please Kopy, don't distract the Steelers from their area of need, offensive line, by dangling Richardson out there late. Yes, the league has morphed into a pass first league, but Richardson is WAY too talented to slip that far. I'd be shocked to see him make it past the middle of the 1st round.

Till, help me out here. Not knowing your league settings/scoring, you say you're focusing on WR's. I'm surmising that you're in PPR league by that, but just a guess. You already have Marshall and Nicks, which should be a pretty potent combo. And it sounds like you're willing to let go of a top end PPR RB who should be fully healthy by season start for a position that where you're already pretty strong. If possible, give more info on your league/starting rosters.

Please Kopy, don't distract the Steelers from their area of need, offensive line, by dangling Richardson out there late. Yes, the league has morphed into a pass first league, but Richardson is WAY too talented to slip that far. I'd be shocked to see him make it past the middle of the 1st round.

Hey I agree, and think he's a top 10 talent. But the NFL right now is a 2 back system and a small little guy who can catch the ball on 3rd down.

I don't really see the premium that a guy like Richardson should have.

If anything, he should go to cleveland at #4. But if they keep that pick, and pass on him, it could lead to a slide.

:dunno:

The Steelers got me thinking though.

Mendenhall is in the last year of his deal. He's got a bad injury. And if he plays this year, probably won't look too effective. He's also been a pain in the butt with his mouth from time to time. I think the Steelers are one of the few teams also who prefer just 1 workhorse back.

If Tony slides, or a Doug Martin is there with their pick. I wouldn't be shocked with that pick, and then a see ya, nice to know ya to Mendenhall.

Just thought of somthing I am working on: I have Maclin, AJ Green, Roddy and Jordy nelson and only plan to start 2 of them but would like to keep a third for depth..

two questions: who do you guys rank lowest of that group for dynasty? and what RB would I look to target for the odd man out?

Just fyi: non PPR, touchdown 6pts, 16 team, pretty standard scoring, my RB's are weak right now: Ingram, Bradshaw, Greene and battle (about to be cut) also I have no first round pick this year (traded it for some very solid def players that got me to the ship)

Do you have a 2nd rounder?

What about a package deal? Maclin,Nelson and a RB (Greene) for a better RB?

Would that be possable for a team who lacks depth. You'd free up roster space in a multiplayer deal. You could then use your 2nd on a WR this year. It is a very good year depth wise for WR's in the draft. You'd be able to upgrade a little at RB, and I don't think you'd lose out too bad at a backup WR (assuming you draft the right kid).

To rank everyone. I like Maclin better than Nelson.

And Ingram and Bradshaw better than Greene.

I have March 1st moves myself to make.

Man I love this time of year, probably even more than the fantasy season itself.

Just thought of somthing I am working on: I have Maclin, AJ Green, Roddy and Jordy nelson and only plan to start 2 of them but would like to keep a third for depth..

two questions: who do you guys rank lowest of that group for dynasty? and what RB would I look to target for the odd man out?

Just fyi: non PPR, touchdown 6pts, 16 team, pretty standard scoring, my RB's are weak right now: Ingram, Bradshaw, Greene and battle (about to be cut) also I have no first round pick this year (traded it for some very solid def players that got me to the ship)

Roddy, Green, Maclin the Nelson...in that order.

IMO you're definitely missing a #1 type RB. I would consider trading one of the 1st three for a quality RB. I'd be looking at someone primed for a bounceback kind of year...Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles come to mind. I'd also be looking at guys on WW that I could get cheaply that may have been dropped/forgotten like Mikel Leshoure and Ryan Williams. I'd stay away from the late injury guys like Mendenhall and ADP, athough they could be had cheaply and I'd definitely be looking at their backups in Redmon and Gerhart.

Do you have a 2nd rounder?

What about a package deal? Maclin,Nelson and a RB (Greene) for a better RB?

Would that be possable for a team who lacks depth. You'd free up roster space in a multiplayer deal. You could then use your 2nd on a WR this year. It is a very good year depth wise for WR's in the draft. You'd be able to upgrade a little at RB, and I don't think you'd lose out too bad at a backup WR (assuming you draft the right kid).

To rank everyone. I like Maclin better than Nelson.

And Ingram and Bradshaw better than Greene.

I do have 2.15 (lost the chapionship) so I guess a WR is a possiblity but I fear that would be in the 6-8 wr off the board range and I predict about a 50/50 chance they end up productive that late..

I was really hoping to go into the season with 3 strong wr's incase of injury. I have a very solid team so making a run at the championship is pretty much my goal again this year..

IMO Nelson is the guy to move and maybe package with greene?

Yes, there is a a ppr aspect to the league I am in. And although I like Nicks, the emergence of Cruz has taken away some targets and yards. Not to mention the weekly "game time decisions" that Nicks seems fond of. As for Marshall, he is so inconsistent, relying on him has a solid contributor is almost impossible. One week Marshall will put up 18 points only to completely fall off the stat sheet the next. And then I am left with starting Little as my 3rd WR (start 3 WR), and even though there is some upside, trusting anyone on the Cleveland offense is just a scary idea.

Not that I have great depth at RB, I do feel comfortable trading Forte away. The lack of offensive line, play making WR, and a new offensive coordinator leave me to believe that is ceiling isnt as high as it once was. Not that he wont be or cant be a force still, I just felt he was a great fit for a Martz offense. My remaining RBs would be as follows: Rice, Murray, Hunter, and I would target a RBs with my second round picks (I have 2). I would have the hope that Martin would fall to me in the 2nd, or trade both my 2nds to move up and grab Martin in the late first.

Agreed. Cincinnati has the 17, from Oakland, and the 21. I doubt he gets by them.

Cleveland has the 22, from Atlanta, besides the 4.

Pitt sits at 24. RB is a big need IMO, but the Steelers have many needs and I for see them going after the best player available according to need if they stay at 24.

Possibly the Steelers trade up if the Bengals pass and draft someone else at 17. Maybe the Titans at 20.

I get to keep 5 total players. Salary cap is $200. Which 5 would you keep? I think I'm gonna keep Stafford,Murray,C.Johnson,AJ Green...I'm deciding between Nicks@ 22 ,Best at $10 and Floyd who had a freaking great year when he played for $7.

Stafford $30

J. Best $10

Nicks $22

D. Murray $7

A.j Green $4

M.Floyd $7

C. Johnson $37

Ridley $7

K. Bell $7

Romo $47

S. Greene $17

MJD $37

Gates $20

I get to keep 5 total players. Salary cap is $200. Which 5 would you keep? I think I'm gonna keep Stafford,Murray,C.Johnson,AJ Green...I'm deciding between Nicks@ 22 ,Best at $10 and Floyd who had a freaking great year when he played for $7.

Stafford $30

J. Best $10

Nicks $22

D. Murray $7

A.j Green $4

M.Floyd $7

C. Johnson $37

Ridley $7

K. Bell $7

Romo $47

S. Greene $17

MJD $37

Gates $20

you look to be fine for cap room with green at $4, Murray at $7, Stafford at $30.. CJ1K at $37 worries me (I am in the minority that believes he will never come back to 2010 form)

but either way given the couple really good contracts you have I say dont worry about the $15 diff between nicks and floyd..

Keep Nicks by a counrty mile

I see simular to more production next year as teams are going to start focusing there #1 CB on Cruz a little more (like they started to do near the last 1/3 of the season)

when do you have to declare? one thing in the back of my mind is if Vjax leaves and San Diego dosent bring in another big name WR Floyd could grab the number one job by default? not sure if anyone else has a opinion on that situation.. can floyd ever produce at a #1 level? :dunno:

Great thread!

My longest running league is shifting to dynasty this year. Any tips for rules, roster sizes, IR, WW setups?

Right now we are small only 8 teams, use an auction draft, traditional rules (no ppr :( sorry I really love ppr I am a freak), short bench (3 deep) no IR and standard yahoo first come first serve WW.

I am somewhat inclined to push for a 12 league minimum but what is the best way to deal with a team that loses its manager? Drop all those players back into the draft pool along with the rookies or create a puppet team? I also think a deeper bench if we stay at the smaller league size to encourage more trading. Last year if one of your starters was out or on bye you could go out and get a top 20 player at that position fairly easily, I think it acutally made the league a bit more dull for me.

Basically any ideas or examples of your dynasty leagues would be great info.

Great thread!

My longest running league is shifting to dynasty this year. Any tips for rules, roster sizes, IR, WW setups?

Right now we are small only 8 teams, use an auction draft, traditional rules (no ppr :( sorry I really love ppr I am a freak), short bench (3 deep) no IR and standard yahoo first come first serve WW.

I am somewhat inclined to push for a 12 league minimum but what is the best way to deal with a team that loses its manager? Drop all those players back into the draft pool along with the rookies or create a puppet team? I also think a deeper bench if we stay at the smaller league size to encourage more trading. Last year if one of your starters was out or on bye you could go out and get a top 20 player at that position fairly easily, I think it acutally made the league a bit more dull for me.

Basically any ideas or examples of your dynasty leagues would be great info.

A couple things..

1: you will need min 10-12 teams for a good dynasty league to stay intresting

2: you need to carry alot bigger benches, I say in a 10 team league carry 15-20 players per team

3: the start-up draft is the most fun for dynasty purposes so I would avoid the auction (just IMO)

also thow all the players back in the pool. Its not fair to guys who picked there team based on a re-draft format to now have to shift gears with the same group

4: IR is more a fun thing that keeps the league more realistic but probably isnt nessassary in a smaller league as there is almost definetly a replacment player on your bench..I would include IR just for fun

5: as far as waiver wire in most leagues I am part of use a blind bidding set up (on MFL it works like a charm) set a figure of say $1000 for bidding and make every Weds and Sat at midnight for claims..

I guess thats it.. If you can afford to $90 for MFL hosting they are by far the best!

good luck!

oh ya one more thing.. try IDP, maybe add it in slowly if you guys are new to that format.. maybe take one LB, one DE and one CB/S to start and expand on that each year, anyone who plays with IDP will tell you they wont ever go back!

A trade question for everyone. I won my dynasty league this year so I will have the last pick of the first round next year. With Trent Richardson the obvious first pick I’m thinking of offering the following package to the guy with that pick; Rob Gronkowski, Michael Turner and my first pick (14th). Would you pull the trigger if you were the other guy or am I still not offering enough?

Just a couple of additional notes. Only five RBs made it in the top 30 in scoring last year. Gronkowski outscored the 5th best RB (M. Lynch). My league is weighted more towards QBs and LBs. Taking that into account you might ask why I would be so interested in Richardson but I’m stocked everywhere else (Vernon Davis is my other TE) and Rice is the only other RB I would have on my roster. Also, we don't have limitations on how long you can keep a player.

A trade question for everyone. I won my dynasty league this year so I will have the last pick of the first round next year. With Trent Richardson the obvious first pick I’m thinking of offering the following package to the guy with that pick; Rob Gronkowski, Michael Turner and my first pick (14th). Would you pull the trigger if you were the other guy or am I still not offering enough?

Just a couple of additional notes. Only five RBs made it in the top 30 in scoring last year. Gronkowski outscored the 5th best RB (M. Lynch). My league is weighted more towards QBs and LBs. Taking that into account you might ask why I would be so interested in Richardson but I’m stocked everywhere else (Vernon Davis is my other TE) and Rice is the only other RB I would have on my roster. Also, we don't have limitations on how long you can keep a player.

I think you would need to offer more. If the owner needs a TE, then Gronkowski is a really nice starting point for your trade. But Turner is a guy who is very uninspiring for a dynasty league at this point in time of his career. And the 14th pick isn't too attractive either.

I think you would need to offer more. If the owner needs a TE, then Gronkowski is a really nice starting point for your trade. But Turner is a guy who is very uninspiring for a dynasty league at this point in time of his career. And the 14th pick isn't too attractive either.

You may be right but I would disagree with the definition of Gronkowski as just "a really nice starting point". This is a guy who outscored all but one or two receivers. In my league he outscored the third best tight end by 100 points. That's insane. And he's only 22.

You may be right but I would disagree with the definition of Gronkowski as just "a really nice starting point". This is a guy who outscored all but one or two receivers. In my league he outscored the third best tight end by 100 points. That's insane. And he's only 22.

I didn't mean to under value Gronk. It was more so that if you were going to offer Gronk and a player, or pick, or both. It would have to be better than Turner and #14. Unless my roster was totally depleted, I wouldn't do it.

I would want Gronk and a high first rounder, or Gronk the low pick and a better player than Turner. Maybe even add in a pick for next year also, to sway me alittle more? I just don't think that original offer is enough for me to take as is.

Let me start by saying I do not participate in a dynasty league at this particular time. But I love discussing fantasy football in all forms and do play in dynasty/keeper fantasy baseball leagues. I also do not know your starting lineup requirements or scoring system, or who else you have on your team. The fact that you have Vernon Davis at TE already explains why you are looking to make a move like this.

But to me, in general, this seems like you are overpaying, yet I see Kopy is saying you are not giving up enough. I just am trying to understand this thinking. Rob Gronkowski is only 22 years old and is positioned to be a top 2-3 TE for the next who knows how many years (probably as long as Tom Brady is his QB at the least). I've seen him projected anywhere from a late 1st to late 2nd round pick in redraft leagues next season.

Trent Richardson has a TON of talent. But at this point, no one even knows where he will be playing. There have been a lot of first round busts at the RB position. Even looking at high first round picks, only 10 RB's have been selected in the top 10 since 2000. They are Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, LaDainian Tomlinson, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Adrian Peterson, Cadillac Williams, Reggie Bush, Darren McFadden, and CJ Spiller. While they've all had some success as at least RB2's other than Spiller and maybe Cadillac, I'd say only Tomlinson and Peterson have become stud RB's. Lewis and Jones both had 1-3 seasons as top 5-10 RB's. But with a trade like this, you would be paying for Richardson as if he will become a stud in my opinion. I'd say it's difficult to predict that at this point. He could very well end up in a situation where he is splitting carries for a year or two before he even gets a full workload. Would you be happy if Richardson emulates Benson or even Thomas Jones' career? Both of these guys were late bloomers who didn't help fantasy teams until they found the right situation several years in to their careers. Even then, neither of them every became elite players. Not to mention the league continues to become even more of a passing league.

Throw in the fact that you are giving up Michael Turner, who is obviously past his prime, but still may have another 1-2 solid seasons in him, and a late first round rookie pick, my opinion is this is an overpay. I'd love to hear some other thoughts on this. Am I off base here?

I didn't mean to under value Gronk. It was more so that if you were going to offer Gronk and a player, or pick, or both. It would have to be better than Turner and #14. Unless my roster was totally depleted, I wouldn't do it.

I would want Gronk and a high first rounder, or Gronk the low pick and a better player than Turner. Maybe even add in a pick for next year also, to sway me alittle more? I just don't think that original offer is enough for me to take as is.

Fair enough.

Let me start by saying I do not participate in a dynasty league at this particular time. But I love discussing fantasy football in all forms and do play in dynasty/keeper fantasy baseball leagues. I also do not know your starting lineup requirements or scoring system, or who else you have on your team. The fact that you have Vernon Davis at TE already explains why you are looking to make a move like this.

But to me, in general, this seems like you are overpaying, yet I see Kopy is saying you are not giving up enough. I just am trying to understand this thinking. Rob Gronkowski is only 22 years old and is positioned to be a top 2-3 TE for the next who knows how many years (probably as long as Tom Brady is his QB at the least). I've seen him projected anywhere from a late 1st to late 2nd round pick in redraft leagues next season.

Trent Richardson has a TON of talent. But at this point, no one even knows where he will be playing. There have been a lot of first round busts at the RB position. Even looking at high first round picks, only 10 RB's have been selected in the top 10 since 2000. They are Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, LaDainian Tomlinson, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Adrian Peterson, Cadillac Williams, Reggie Bush, Darren McFadden, and CJ Spiller. While they've all had some success as at least RB2's other than Spiller and maybe Cadillac, I'd say only Tomlinson and Peterson have become stud RB's. Lewis and Jones both had 1-3 seasons as top 5-10 RB's. But with a trade like this, you would be paying for Richardson as if he will become a stud in my opinion. I'd say it's difficult to predict that at this point. He could very well end up in a situation where he is splitting carries for a year or two before he even gets a full workload. Would you be happy if Richardson emulates Benson or even Thomas Jones' career? Both of these guys were late bloomers who didn't help fantasy teams until they found the right situation several years in to their careers. Even then, neither of them every became elite players. Not to mention the league continues to become even more of a passing league.

Throw in the fact that you are giving up Michael Turner, who is obviously past his prime, but still may have another 1-2 solid seasons in him, and a late first round rookie pick, my opinion is this is an overpay. I'd love to hear some other thoughts on this. Am I off base here?

Thanks for the feedback. I should mention that this trade wouldn't go down until after the draft so I will know where Richardson is playing by then. That might impact my decision to even make the offer but the hype is building around him and I've seen him compared to Adrian Peterson.

Championship Team

Trying to improve at RB

Dynasty 12 team ppr start 1 qb, 2-3 rbs, 2-4 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 d/st

QB Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Flynn

RB Marshawn Lynch, Ryan Grant, Reggie Bush, Michael Tuner, Mikel Leshoure, Evan Royster, Deangelo Williams

WR Hakeem Nicks, Steve Smith (Car) Jeremy Maclin, Antonio Brown, Eddie Royal, Andre Roberts, Jarret Dillard, Jordan Norwood, Mike Thomas, dvonne Bess, Denario Aelxander, Doug Baldwin

TE Gronk, Celek, Housler

K Alex Henerey, John Kasay

D/ST Lions/Saints

Picks 1.3, 2.2, 2.4, 3.3, 3.12

Been offered

I get Greg Olsen, Ryan Mathews, Steven Jackson, Kyle Orton and pick 10

I give Gronk, Lynch, Leshoure, Matt Flynn and pick 2.2

I'm back from vacation and thought I'd check in on this thread.

Let me take some of these in reverse order:

Matt's Eagles: I don't know why you would even consider doing that trade. That is so unbalanced I can't even conceive what your thinking might be.

Larry David: My thought was the same as Stew's. I can't imagine a draft scenario that Richardson could get drafted into that would make him more valuable than Gronk, either short-term or long term.

Matt Mueller and Stewburtx8 When i saw that Stew wasn't in a dynasty league yet, and saw that Matt M was interested in joining one, it kinda made me wish that both leagues I commish had 100% retention this year. I understand that my ten team deep keeper (keep 10 - nonPPR) has an opening or two. White Wonder is in that one with me. If either of you are real interested, you can PM me.

First let me say that i think it is awesome that this thread is here. I have had more fun in dynasty than any other type of league.

I hope we're able to share our collective knowledge and make everyone's ff seasons that much better.

I did want to get a couple of thoughts on a trade I was offered.

Our league is set up similar to NFL rules, similar salary cap and can sign players up to 4 years with salary increasing incrementally each year. It's PPR and QBs are heavy in this league, getting 1pt per 10 yds passing or rushing.

I have Cam signed for 3 years, and I was offered a combo of Foster/Tate straight up for him. Both on their last year of contract.

This would free me to go after a Brees or a Rodgers in our auction draft and not be concerned with a RB, which are nearly never available. However, I feel like it may be a bit of mortgaging the future, so to speak. just curious what you guys though of the value of this one?

First let me say that i think it is awesome that this thread is here. I have had more fun in dynasty than any other type of league.

I hope we're able to share our collective knowledge and make everyone's ff seasons that much better.

I did want to get a couple of thoughts on a trade I was offered.

Our league is set up similar to NFL rules, similar salary cap and can sign players up to 4 years with salary increasing incrementally each year. It's PPR and QBs are heavy in this league, getting 1pt per 10 yds passing or rushing.

I have Cam signed for 3 years, and I was offered a combo of Foster/Tate straight up for him. Both on their last year of contract.

This would free me to go after a Brees or a Rodgers in our auction draft and not be concerned with a RB, which are nearly never available. However, I feel like it may be a bit of mortgaging the future, so to speak. just curious what you guys though of the value of this one?

Obviously I don't know all the particulars of your league, who else you have, what RB's are available in the draft, how many teams would be bidding on Brees/Rodgers, etc. Cam Newton also isn't quite as valuable in a league where passing yards are worth as much as rushing yards. But unless you have a team built to absolutely go ALL IN this next season, I think this trade would be foolish. Cam Newton for 3 years (I'm assuming at a relatively cheap price) should be worth more than one year of Arian Foster (probably at a higher price?).

Obviously I don't know all the particulars of your league, who else you have, what RB's are available in the draft, how many teams would be bidding on Brees/Rodgers, etc. Cam Newton also isn't quite as valuable in a league where passing yards are worth as much as rushing yards. But unless you have a team built to absolutely go ALL IN this next season, I think this trade would be foolish. Cam Newton for 3 years (I'm assuming at a relatively cheap price) should be worth more than one year of Arian Foster (probably at a higher price?).

I agree with this. My feeling is that more than likely Foster is going to resign with Houston. If that's the case, you're basically giving up a top 5 QB (depending on scoring) for three years for a top 5 RB (again, depending on scoring) for one year. Tate is relegated to relative backup status, and even if he's playing, then Foster likely isn't. I personally don't do that trade.

However, if somehow Foster ends up somewhere else as the starter and Tate grabs the starter role in Houston, then you might have something to bite on. Even were that to happen, I still probably wouldn't do the deal because it's leverageing the future for the now.

I would be interested in joining a startup dynasty league with board members? this thread specifically.

Cory

Depending on the cost, I would be interested in a FFtoday Dynasty league as well.

Our dynasty league trading for 2012 opened today. I thought that there would be more activity than there was. Some of the trading considerations have to do with our roster cutdown rules as well as valuation considerations. Luck, Richardson, Wilson, L Miller, Polk, L James, Blackmon, and Floyd are already rostered, but we will have a 4 round rookie/developmental draft in August and 2013 college players may be picked in addition to the rest of the 2012 rookie class.

Two trades so far:

Trade #1: Team A received the rights to David Wilson and the 4th (1.04) rookie/developmental pick (this will not include the above named rookies); Team B received Dez Bryant.

Trade #2: Team C got Fred Jackson, Denarious Moore and 5.04 (the 4th player in the 1st of of 5 rounds of supplemental picks after 19 total roster spots including 4 inactive developmental picks have been rostered); Team D received the 1.01 rookie/dev pick (again this will not include the above named rookies who are already rostered) and the 5.01 pick (which is the 1st player in the 1st of 5 rounds of supplemental picks.)

Yes, it is a little confusing but you can probably figure out the relative value of the developmental picks and the approx worth of moving up 3 spots to the 1st pick in the supplemental.

I will not give any judgment on who I think got the better end of either of these trades. Just throwing 'em out there for you guys to chew on if you want to.

League trade #3: Team E received Rashad Jennings, Dexter McCluster, DHB and 2013 round 2 rookie/dev pick; Team F got team E's 2013 round 1 rookie/developmental pick.

Just wanted to announce that Mike has given me the go-ahead to do a four-part dynasty series before the draft focusing on the veterans. After the draft, I'll probably do two more columns on the rookies. Look for the first pre-draft article to hit the site about this time next month.

I'd also be interested in joining a competitive dynasty/keeper league with current fftoday members. I can't get away from this stuff during the offseason and the other owners in my other keeper league take a hiatus from the league until about July.

So it seems we have a few intrested guys for a new start-up dynasty league. If were keeping track I would be intrerted also!

I comish in a pretty complex league right now so I wouldnt have the time to take on another, anyone else with some expreience in this format want to take charge??