Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

LeGarrette Blount

I'm dropping him for other potential, they told folks he would be less involved week 2 and they weren't lying! Maybe motivational but who knows...

Unless he's on the Patriots, he's not worthy of a roster spot.

Doing his best Eddie Lacy impression.

Any news on this clusterfock of a backfield?

Yes! But it happened in the preseason....keep up

Philly is simply not interested in the least bit on running the ball.

Something is amiss.....they tried to run Sproles between the tackles a few times, clearly made no effort to get Blount in the game.

Something is wonky in Philly. I don't know what to make of it. Best thing to do is avoid it. I said in the preseason that I'd take Blount in the 5th or 6th round as my RB2... that's not looking so good now. Though, I never drafted him because he always went before I would take him.

I think you said you would take Blount over Gurley in ppr league.

Good chance Blount doesn't play another snap in the NFL

That's right... and I still stand by that. Blount in the 6th is a better value than Gurley in the 2nd.

I'd bet a years pay check that you're wrong on that.

I'm being facetious. Of course he's going to play another snap. Lighten up lol

That's right... and I still stand by that. Blount in the 6th is a better value than Gurley in the 2nd.

How so?

Gurley is the second highest scoring Rb in ppr right now and Blount is nothing more then a rb4 at best.

Round six pick for a rb4 seems like bad value, when you can get a better pick at QB or even a te and in ppr a wr.

Gurley right now is a rb1 and the number two Rb and he was worthy of a second round pick, he's a steal compared to Blount.

Yes! But it happened in the preseason....keep up

Yes but all seemed fine week 1. Started and received most of the snaps and carries. Week 2, poof, gone.

Stay woke :)

Thru 2 weeks you couldn't look anymore incorrect.. albeit gurley hasn't impressed to the eye test at least he's playing lol

Drafting someone in the 5th or 6th that might not be in the league by the end of the year is not good value.

Comically wrong, even if you cut Gurleys production in half. Give up the ghost, we are all wrong about stuff every year.

You're going to lose your credibility in this forum if you continue to make statements like this. This is fantasy football, we're all wrong, probably more than we're right. Stop being stubborn, admit that you were wrong, and move on. Gurley doesn't pass the eye test for me Either, something just doesn't seem right with him. But he's going to be featured all year, not many rb,s in the league today can say the same. He's going to rush for 40-75 all year and have all goal line touches. He'll also catch about 4-7 a game for about 50 yards making him PPR gold. Drafting him mid 2nd or later is an absolute steal.....if you can't see that by now only God can help you.

As far as Blount is concerned, he,s garbage. I drafted him late in one of my leagues and I'm dropping him. No longer fantasy relevant

• Like 2

As a late round flier he did ok that 1st game w the td reception. Iggles went away from him in game 2, who knows what goes down this weekend.

I thought he'd be decent in the RMatt role from last year; 800/8 type stats. But Wentz is throwing a ton and they seem to have done away with Blounts projected role.

I was all aboard the Blount train preseason and even after week 1 with all the touches and even a receiving td of all things. He's now on my bench, but no way he's a roster cut yet. Let this play out about 2 or 3 more weeks. I am a running back hoarder btw. You just never know by week 7 who becomes hot or not. I'm not throwing in the towel yet on Blount...but that white flag is located and in very close proximity

Had to cut bait, but will probably regret it.

Offense is pretty good, and somebody's got to get some burn eventually. Smallwood is not the answer, and old man Sproles will get broken in half if they keep pounding him.

Actually surprised that they haven't looked at a waiver prospect like Jonathan Williams....

Not sure what he did to land in the doghouse last week, but with Sproles out and Smallwood lacking punch, he has every opportunity to smash in for a few this week

They did a good job and running the ball today.

Still not sure it's enough to trust any Eagles Rb week to week.

That backfield will be a season long headache. Eagles nearly rushed for 200 today and not a single back scored 15. Clement had some great burst on that TD run and he's now in the mix for carries. A legit 4-man RBBC.

I was all aboard the Blount train preseason and even after week 1 with all the touches and even a receiving td of all things. He's now on my bench, but no way he's a roster cut yet. Let this play out about 2 or 3 more weeks. I am a running back hoarder btw. You just never know by week 7 who becomes hot or not. I'm not throwing in the towel yet on Blount...but that white flag is located and in very close proximity

Ok, the white flag is back in the pocket! Blount retains a roster spot for a guaranteed 2-3 more weeks. But do you start him next week?

You guys gave up on him too soon. Nice player to have on the bench in the right matchup. I knew this would be his week cause the Eagles would be playing with a lead.

How did you know that the Eagles would be playing with the lead?m

The Giants suck, that's why. Odds were strong they'd be playing from behind again like the first two weeks. Blount will be the man in Philly in games the Eagles get out in front.

You guys gave up on him too soon. Nice player to have on the bench in the right matchup. I knew this would be his week cause the Eagles would be playing with a lead.

Blount did most of his damage in the first half before the Eagles had a lead.

• Like 1

The Giants suck, that's why. Odds were strong they'd be playing from behind again like the first two weeks. Blount will be the man in Philly in games the Eagles get out in front.

Blount will be a desperation play as a fill in for bye weeks, that's all. The Philadelphia RB situation will be unpredictable. Expect a three man rotation with with a slight lean going to Smallwood going forward. So unless you have a crystal ball, or your name is Vince who has an amazing ability to predict RB usability after the game, it will be impossible to start either three with confidence.

Judging by comments made in this thread, it appears I was wrong about Blount in Gurley. See, my problem was that I didn't realize that the fantasy season finished after week 3 of the season for some of you people. If you guys only play a 3-week season, it would be nice of you to let people know this before hand.