Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Hats off to you Mike Zimmer

He is telling Peterson , play here or don't play . Love it . Walk away from all that money Peterson go ahead I dare you .

• Like 1

Loved Zimmer when he was here - big fan. :thumbsup:

Ditto with the Bengals. Takes no BS yet players love him.

Ditto with the Bengals. Takes no BS yet players love him.

It's because he takes no BS that players love him. He tells ya straight. The first time. That's rare and respectable in this world. I thought he was a great hire in the first place, and then when Norv took over as OC I just felt up arrow on most Vikings players. Still think they're a couple years out, but if healthy they are do for a serious step in the right direction this next couple years.

It's because he takes no BS that players love him. He tells ya straight. The first time. That's rare and respectable in this world. I thought he was a great hire in the first place, and then when Norv took over as OC I just felt up arrow on most Vikings players. Still think they're a couple years out, but if healthy they are do for a serious step in the right direction this next couple years.

I still dont like his lack of creativity with the offense. I dont know how involved he is with the offense, but him telling cpat to run better routes if he wants the ball is a bad decision. Cpat had a ton of success running the ball his rookie year. Why zimmer went away from that i am not sure. I do agree that cpat needs to become a better receiver, but he is still raw and can help the team in other ways.

Will have to see on the imaginative front.

Is a thought why Pattersons wasn't as effective, was in part not having AP. That he is a complimentary player. A second/third option player.

Also, is still a green player in route running.

However, Vikes have had some unimaginative types over the year. Childress era was plagued with it.

But nothing compars with that effing Schnelker.

I think the biggest question/concern, is why is AP wanting out of Minny so bad?

Is it really about the money, he can make 13 mill this year,, so I would assume no.

What is the real problem, I ask this question because I really have no idea why.

Pride

Pride

And hurt. Feels like he put Minny back on the map, been 'great' in teh community then got hung out to dry over some (correct and well deserved) outrage over the child abuse. Wants a fresh start anywhere else, preferably Dallas or maybe NE? Can't really see too many contenders that need immediate help @ RB. I think the Vikes want a fresh start too, but have to front all harsh to maintain leverage. Jerry's gonna get him. Mark my words.

Before the child abuse stuff came out last June he called and talked to Jerry Jones the owner of the Cowboys and told him when his time was done with the Vikings he would love to play with the Cowboys . I'm sure if I was a owner of the Vikings and are stud player did that it would make me wonder how commented I would want to be to a player who gets in trouble for child abuse and before than was talking with another owner about always wanting to play for that team . So I can clearly understand how the Vikings could feel about this situation and it's not like he is not getting paid . Even when he missed time last season he still made from what I understand almost 10mill for not even playing . And if Peterson did not want to play for this team and his dream was to play for the Cowboys why sign the contract . So now he should play out his contract, the Vikings owe this guy nothing .

And hurt. Feels like he put Minny back on the map, been 'great' in teh community then got hung out to dry over some (correct and well deserved) outrage over the child abuse. Wants a fresh start anywhere else, preferably Dallas or maybe NE? Can't really see too many contenders that need immediate help @ RB. I think the Vikes want a fresh start too, but have to front all harsh to maintain leverage. Jerry's gonna get him. Mark my words.

I think Minnesotas play for us or dont play at all mentality is hurting them. They arent going to win a super bowl this year and are going to have to pay him a ton of money this year. I say get something for a guy that doesnt want to be on the team.

• Like 1

AP needs to pull his head out of his ass and get over himself.

This is the problem with these guys today, thinking they're being disrespected at every turn. Hey dumbass - the Vikes are paying you $13m to carry a ball playing a game. How much more "respect" do you need? The athletes of today are nothing but a bunch of spoiled ass divas.

• Like 1

The Vikings have won nothing with Peterson either . He won't live up to the contract he signed . I like What the Vikings are doing at its about time other teams do the same thing . Peterson get into camp get paid and do your job that you sign up for to do .

I think Jones is going to offer up a #1 in 2016 and a #2 (and possibly a first rounder) in 2017. The Vikes would be focking insane to turn that down. Peterson comes to Dallas by Fourth of July, restructures, and the Boys are super bowl favorites. In 2017 they hit some more through the draft, attract some FA's to play on defense, and maybe go back to back. Lol... is going back-to-back without Jimmy Johnson worth a #1 and a #2 to Jerry?

That was a rhetorical question.

• Like 1

I think Jones is going to offer up a #1 in 2016 and a #2 (and possibly a first rounder) in 2017. The Vikes would be focking insane to turn that down. Peterson comes to Dallas by Fourth of July, restructures, and the Boys are super bowl favorites. In 2017 they hit some more through the draft, attract some FA's to play on defense, and maybe go back to back. Lol... is going back-to-back without Jimmy Johnson worth a #1 and a #2 to Jerry?

That was a rhetorical question.

Ooooooookaaaaaaaay

Jerry Jones and this situation.

I love all this speculation and talk that Jerry is going to do the reverse Walker deal for AP.

It won't be a reverse, but is fun none the less.

Reality here is Jerry is almost in a total win win situation here.

Almost in that he didn't retain Murray before securing AP.

Almost in that he replaced Murray with McFatten

It would be a loss for him if a) they miss playoffs, B) Murray is dominate in Philadelphia c) Does get AP and AP plays like Walker did all those years ago.

Jerry Jones and this situation.

I love all this speculation and talk that Jerry is going to do the reverse Walker deal for AP.

It won't be a reverse, but is fun none the less.

Reality here is Jerry is almost in a total win win situation here.

Almost in that he didn't retain Murray before securing AP.

Almost in that he replaced Murray with McFatten

It would be a loss for him if a) they miss playoffs, B) Murray is dominate in Philadelphia c) Does get AP and AP plays like Walker did all those years ago.

Yeah i just dont see whoever is making the calls in Dallas giving up that much for AP. That person, whether Jerry or someone else, has shown restraint in the recent past. I expect their stance to remain the same on over paying.

Yeah i just dont see whoever is making the calls in Dallas giving up that much for AP. That person, whether Jerry or someone else, has shown restraint in the recent past. I expect their stance to remain the same on over paying.

My bad, thought you were a serious player on this bored. So... you're telling me that a number 1 & a number 2 are not worth a Superbowl to Jerry Jones? And you're also saying that Dallas is not NFC favorites with Adrian Peterson? Like I said, thought you were a serious player on this bored.

My bad, thought you were a serious player on this bored. So... you're telling me that a number 1 & a number 2 are not worth a Superbowl to Jerry Jones? And you're also saying that Dallas is not NFC favorites with Adrian Peterson? Like I said, thought you were a serious player on this bored.

I dont see how trading for AP makes the Cowboys a lock for a SB. They had a very talented rb in Demarco Murray who was healthy all year, and they still did not make it to the SB. Dallas with AP is a very good team, but it guarantees nothing. The rb position just is not all that important. The teams who win with a great run game also have a top tier defense. Im not sure Dallas has that type of a defense, even though they obviously showed improvement last year.

For the overall health of the team, i dont think trading away a 1 and 2 is the right move. Plus, can they even afford him his second year? What guarantee is there he will restructure? It may be a trade for 1 years worth of production at the position where the largest risk for injury occurs.

I dont see how trading for AP makes the Cowboys a lock for a SB. They had a very talented rb in Demarco Murray who was healthy all year, and they still did not make it to the SB. Dallas with AP is a very good team, but it guarantees nothing. The rb position just is not all that important. The teams who win with a great run game also have a top tier defense. Im not sure Dallas has that type of a defense, even though they obviously showed improvement last year.

For the overall health of the team, i dont think trading away a 1 and 2 is the right move. Plus, can they even afford him his second year? What guarantee is there he will restructure? It may be a trade for 1 years worth of production at the position where the largest risk for injury occurs.

This has pretty much been my stance all along.... I'm all in favor of giving up next year's #1. Primarily bcoz we addressed the defense in this year's draft, AND we basically got our next year's #1 in La'el Collins - basically for nothing.

However, I'm not on board with giving up both our #1 and #2.... One of the Golden Rules of football is that no one player makes a team, no one player is capable of putting you in a SB. UNLESS, unless that player is a future HOF Qb - see Brady, Manning, Rodgers. That's why paying out the ass for Suh and some of these others is utterly stupid.

I'm not wiling to deal our two first picks and pay $10m for any single non-Qb player.

• Like 1

Feel a little peevish commenting as am not a Cowboy fan. But I have lived in Arlington since 1998, and you did challenge my take.

First of all, we know Jerry Jones' history of claiming his teams are 'one' player from a Super Bowl. We've seen him TWICE deal multiple number ones for potential impact players. The dynamic involved now is that his one player claim, for the first time since 1996, is absolutely relevant. And that one player is Adrian Peterson.

I've seen folks on this bored downplay the role of running backs today, and maybe rightfully so. But that is NOT the case in Dallas. In their current offense, good enough for 12-4 with a playoff win last year, the RB is extremely critical. This Cowboys team has proven without doubt that the formula of a power running game can spell significant success. And that success in 2015 can be even greater.

Firstly, the defense is MUCH better, at least on paper. Greg Hardy is the best pure DE in the NFL outside of a healthy JPP. He's not an edge rusher, or a tweener, he's a legit old school DE. With Gregory on the opposite side a major weakness is now a strength. I like their draft on defense, plus they get Shawn Lee back. On paper.

Now look at the offensive line. I contend without that murder business Collins goes number nine overall to the Giants. He's simply more versatile than Flowers, if not a better pure OT outright. Even with the shallow quality of the 2015 draft, that makes him a legit first rounder. I think this signing will light a fire under Leary's arse, and he's no slouch anyway. Collins' worth will come to light when Free goes down, probably by week 6. He'll step right in assume that job, giving the Boys I predict FOUR pro bowlers on the offensive line.

Behind that line DeMarco Murray runs for 1,800 yards. With Peterson, a much better player even at this point due to his year of rest, there's literally no ceiling. More importantly, it gives the Cowboys a legit 120-135 yards in the running game against even the best NFL teams. Including Seattle and Green Bay.

Lastly, but truthfully the singularly strongest argument for a Dallas improvement, is the health of Tony Romo. The one common theme I took from knowledgable Cowboys fans last year was the effect Romo's back had on their start. The time missed in camp, the loss to Frisco when one win kept them from home field advantage... Romo coming into this season even fairly healthy is huge.

As a Raider fan, living five minutes from the Death Star, I feel like a little kid with his grubby face pressed up against the candy store window. Oh yeah, I'll stand by my take. I can see guys like Cruzer and Sirensong not wanting to jinx it. But they know.

With Adrian Peterson this team is the NFC favorite, if not league favorite. Is that worth a #1 in 2016 and a #2 in 2017 to Jerry Jones?

Again, a rhetorical question.

• Like 2

First of all, we know Jerry Jones' history of claiming his teams are 'one' player from a Super Bowl. We've seen him TWICE deal multiple number ones for potential impact players. The dynamic involved now is that his one player claim, for the first time since 1996, is absolutely relevant. And that one player is Adrian Peterson.

You (better than most) should know that this isn't 2000 nor 2008. Things are different now - primarily bcoz the man who gave up two 1st rounders for J. Galloway and a 1st and 3rd for R. Williams isn't the one making the football decisions. If he were, I have no doubt Peterson would be here... For this reason it's only relevant if Stephen thinks it's relevant - noting more... Based on his patience, restraint and reluctance this offseason - I don't believe he feels that the sky is going to fall if AP doesn't land here.

Like I've said before - I agree the running game is vital and a must have for this team to advance. We just differ on the driving force behind it. Dallas doesn't need to replace 1800 yards like everyone thinks. If the defense improves, like myself and many others believe it will, a running game that produces 1400 might be enough to maintain the balance.

You (better than most) should know that this isn't 2000 nor 2008. Things are different now - primarily bcoz the man who gave up two 1st rounders for J. Galloway and a 1st and 3rd for R. Williams isn't the one making the football decisions.

Is he not making the decisions, or does he have people who will stand up to him and tell him when he wants to make a crappy decision?

Feel a little peevish commenting as am not a Cowboy fan. But I have lived in Arlington since 1998, and you did challenge my take.

I've seen folks on this bored downplay the role of running backs today, and maybe rightfully so. But that is NOT the case in Dallas. In their current offense, good enough for 12-4 with a playoff win last year, the RB is extremely critical. This Cowboys team has proven without doubt that the formula of a power running game can spell significant success. And that success in 2015 can be even greater.

Firstly, the defense is MUCH better, at least on paper. Greg Hardy is the best pure DE in the NFL outside of a healthy JPP. He's not an edge rusher, or a tweener, he's a legit old school DE. With Gregory on the opposite side a major weakness is now a strength. I like their draft on defense, plus they get Shawn Lee back. On paper.

Now look at the offensive line. I contend without that murder business Collins goes number nine overall to the Giants. He's simply more versatile than Flowers, if not a better pure OT outright. Even with the shallow quality of the 2015 draft, that makes him a legit first rounder. I think this signing will light a fire under Leary's arse, and he's no slouch anyway. Collins' worth will come to light when Free goes down, probably by week 6. He'll step right in assume that job, giving the Boys I predict FOUR pro bowlers on the offensive line.

Behind that line DeMarco Murray runs for 1,800 yards. With Peterson, a much better player even at this point due to his year of rest, there's literally no ceiling. More importantly, it gives the Cowboys a legit 120-135 yards in the running game against even the best NFL teams. Including Seattle and Green Bay.

Lastly, but truthfully the singularly strongest argument for a Dallas improvement, is the health of Tony Romo. The one common theme I took from knowledgable Cowboys fans last year was the effect Romo's back had on their start. The time missed in camp, the loss to Frisco when one win kept them from home field advantage... Romo coming into this season even fairly healthy is huge.

As a Raider fan, living five minutes from the Death Star, I feel like a little kid with his grubby face pressed up against the candy store window. Oh yeah, I'll stand by my take. I can see guys like Cruzer and Sirensong not wanting to jinx it. But they know.

With Adrian Peterson this team is the NFC favorite, if not league favorite. Is that worth a #1 in 2016 and a #2 in 2017 to Jerry Jones?

Again, a rhetorical question.

Greg hardy is suspended for the first 10 games of the season. There is no way Jerry is making the personnel calls any more either. His eyes were finally opened when he realized what would happen if he had taken Manziel. He trusts the people who are currently putting the team together.

Is he not making the decisions, or does he have people who will stand up to him and tell him when he wants to make a crappy decision?

The last "football" decision Jerry made was M. Claiborne. Which was a total disaster and utter failure... So no, he doesn't.

• Like 1

Jerry was directly, and I mean solely responsible,for Lael Collins coming to Dallas. Did he not sign off on Hardy? Or Gregory? Those moves are made without him? That deal has Jerry written all over it. The draft, ok I give you that. But Hardy, and Gregory as well, that's pure Jerry Jones.

BTW, very good chance that suspension gets reduced, and if not he's back for stretch/playoff run.

You (better than most) should know that this isn't 2000 nor 2008. Things are different now - primarily bcoz the man who gave up two 1st rounders for J. Galloway and a 1st and 3rd for R. Williams isn't the one making the football decisions. If he were, I have no doubt Peterson would be here... For this reason it's only relevant if Stephen thinks it's relevant - noting more... Based on his patience, restraint and reluctance this offseason - I don't believe he feels that the sky is going to fall if AP doesn't land here.

Like I've said before - I agree the running game is vital and a must have for this team to advance. We just differ on the driving force behind it. Dallas doesn't need to replace 1800 yards like everyone thinks. If the defense improves, like myself and many others believe it will, a running game that produces 1400 might be enough to maintain the balance.

The primary difference is now they ARE actually a player away. I get the prudence thing, but once you've arrived within striking distance you pull the trigger.

Going to be interesting to see what transpires. I know this, if they stand pat and come up short because the running game wasn't what it was last year, going to be hell to pay with Dallas fans. Especially knowing they were that close. What they have now won't get it done.

Plenty of time to re-visit later.

@cruzer

1. we don't know for certain whether that was a jerry move or not. historically, jerry has been more likely to trade down than trade up. was the tyron smith pick a jerry move? we don't know. we can be pretty confident that picking bobby carpenter and marcus spears in the 1st rounds were not jerry moves, but we don't know about smith. so it's wildly arbitrary to castigate him for the claiborne pick, while not giving him credit for the smith pick.

2. DAL's single biggest personnel problem that offseason was to replace newman, who had just been made a fool of by cruz. newman simply didn't have the tools to play the scheme that ryan was installing. ryan was begging for press corners, and they wound up signing carr and drafting claiborne. so was the problem jerry or ryan?

3. as a prospect, claiborne graded out on the same level as peterson--some analysts were saying that he was better. everyone in the draft wanted him. his problem has been a litany of injuries, preventing his development. entering his final season on the rookie deal, he has still never taken part in a full offseason. i'll say this point-blank: drafting gurley this season would have been a bigger risk than the claiborne pick was. the pick didn't work out--that happens. but had claiborne worked out like peterson, everyone would be patting jerry on the back and calling him a genius. that's the nature of the business--sometimes gambles don't work, and claiborne was as safe a gamble as anyone can imagine.

Greg hardy is suspended for the first 10 games of the season. There is no way Jerry is making the personnel calls any more either. His eyes were finally opened when he realized what would happen if he had taken Manziel. He trusts the people who are currently putting the team together.

lol.

jerry's problem is often that he trusts too much--read my last post. bobby carpenter was a 1st round pick. marcus spears was a 1st round pick. anthony spencer was a 1st round pick. the only time jerry held firm against parcells was when parcells wanted shawne merriman at 12 or spears at 12, and jerry overruled him and went with ware. rob ryan desperately wanted press corners, so jerry trusted him and gave him what he asked for--carr and claiborne (and nearly added nnamdi).

how about felix? people seem to forget that it was garrett who made the argument for felix. most of the room wanted mendenhall. garrett told jones that they already had a hard-nosed runner on the team (MBIII), and what they needed was a gamebreaker.

jerry has made a lot of mistakes, but everyone close to the FO says the same thing--he listens to everyone, and very seldom imposes his will against the personnel guys (notable exception being TO).

lol.

jerry's problem is often that he trusts too much--read my last post. bobby carpenter was a 1st round pick. marcus spears was a 1st round pick. anthony spencer was a 1st round pick. the only time jerry held firm against parcells was when parcells wanted shawne merriman at 12 or spears at 12, and jerry overruled him and went with ware. rob ryan desperately wanted press corners, so jerry trusted him and gave him what he asked for--carr and claiborne (and nearly added nnamdi).

how about felix? people seem to forget that it was garrett who made the argument for felix. most of the room wanted mendenhall. garrett told jones that they already had a hard-nosed runner on the team (MBIII), and what they needed was a gamebreaker.

jerry has made a lot of mistakes, but everyone close to the FO says the same thing--he listens to everyone, and very seldom imposes his will against the personnel guys (notable exception being TO).

There is an obvious difference in personnel decisions the past few years. The cowboys have put together a good roster where they were lacking in talent across the board for years. Jerry has given up control because he realizes the success of the franchise is better of in someone elses hands, in the player evaluation department that is. I also did not say jerry has nothing to do with the evaluation process, nor did i say he doesnt give his input to anyone. Im sure he has convinced a few FAs to sign with his team. But you make it sound like the Greg Hardy situation is a positive. It looks pretty stupid right now.

There is an obvious difference in personnel decisions the past few years. The cowboys have put together a good roster where they were lacking in talent across the board for years. Jerry has given up control because he realizes the success of the franchise is better of in someone elses hands, in the player evaluation department that is. I also did not say jerry has nothing to do with the evaluation process, nor did i say he doesnt give his input to anyone. Im sure he has convinced a few FAs to sign with his team. But you make it sound like the Greg Hardy situation is a positive. It looks pretty stupid right now.

Not sure why you'd have that take, unless it's just vitriol setting in lol... It's a very low risk contract, almost entirely incentive laden. As for the suspension, at the worst he comes back in time for a playoff run. Imagine Hardy chasing a gimpy Aaron Rodgers in last season's playoff. What more, it's even money that suspension gets reduced. Even two games would be significant. Finally Dallas gets the inside track on signing him longterm or even franchising him if practical. We're talking about the best pure DE outside of a healthy JPP. Not sure how that translates to stupid, maybe you can help me out?

Not sure why you'd have that take, unless it's just vitriol setting in lol... It's a very low risk contract, almost entirely incentive laden. As for the suspension, at the worst he comes back in time for a playoff run. Imagine Hardy chasing a gimpy Aaron Rodgers in last season's playoff. What more, it's even money that suspension gets reduced. Even two games would be significant. Finally Dallas gets the inside track on signing him longterm or even franchising him if practical. We're talking about the best pure DE outside of a healthy JPP. Not sure how that translates to stupid, maybe you can help me out?

The same way the bears looked stupid for the ray mcdonald signing.

The same way the bears looked stupid for the ray mcdonald signing.

Google "Greg Hardy Trouble" and tell me what you find other than him getting mixed up with that maniac chick, and a late hit on RGIII. This was a genius move by Jerry Jones, and that's difficult for me to say.

Google "Greg Hardy Trouble" and tell me what you find other than him getting mixed up with that maniac chick, and a late hit on RGIII. This was a genius move by Jerry Jones, and that's difficult for me to say.

Greg hardy was convicted and sentenced to 60 days in jail for abuse and threatening to kill his ex gf. He was let off because his ex gf disappeared and did not show up for his appeal jury trial. Hey man if you like guys who beat their girl friends and threaten to kill them then thats your own issue. You seem to take this argument pretty personally. I thought you had some common sense too. Guess i was wrong. I will no longer be replying to your pithy remarks.

@cruzer

1. we don't know for certain whether that was a jerry move or not. historically, jerry has been more likely to trade down than trade up. was the tyron smith pick a jerry move? we don't know. we can be pretty confident that picking bobby carpenter and marcus spears in the 1st rounds were not jerry moves, but we don't know about smith. so it's wildly arbitrary to castigate him for the claiborne pick, while not giving him credit for the smith pick.

2. DAL's single biggest personnel problem that offseason was to replace newman, who had just been made a fool of by cruz. newman simply didn't have the tools to play the scheme that ryan was installing. ryan was begging for press corners, and they wound up signing carr and drafting claiborne. so was the problem jerry or ryan?

3. as a prospect, claiborne graded out on the same level as peterson--some analysts were saying that he was better. everyone in the draft wanted him. his problem has been a litany of injuries, preventing his development. entering his final season on the rookie deal, he has still never taken part in a full offseason. i'll say this point-blank: drafting gurley this season would have been a bigger risk than the claiborne pick was. the pick didn't work out--that happens. but had claiborne worked out like peterson, everyone would be patting jerry on the back and calling him a genius. that's the nature of the business--sometimes gambles don't work, and claiborne was as safe a gamble as anyone can imagine.

1. Yea, we actually do know. If you paid attention at all to the people in and around Valley Ranch (Spags, Fisher, Todd Archer, Charean Williams, David Moore) you heard about slow, but gradual, transfer of football decision making being passed on down. Stephen obviously was 1st in line - but Will McClay has been a giant player as well..... But this is not to say Jerry is a total silent partner. As mentioned, he did pull the trigger on the Claiborne deal and he is the one who told Garrett that he'd not longer be calling the plays.... But let's not pretend what is happening isn't happening - it is, and it has been for a few years now.

2. Agree about Newman and the secondary being the biggest problem at the time... But that one is on Jerry. Coaches coach, with what they have. It's the GM's responsibility to evaluate players and talent. Hell myself and thousands of others knew Newman had lost it a couple years back - he had to be replaced. At the time, Jerry did what Jerry does. He panicked and opened his wallet to buy the hot item on the market. Not only that he greatly overpaid for Carr - giving him yet another terrible Jerry Jones contract... The word on the street used to be that an agent's 2nd favorite day (behind his birthday) was the day Jerry Jones called.

3. I guess you can "if" you way around anything.. Bottom line is Jerry, once again, blew a draft day move. Against the advice of some of those in the room, Jerry pulled the trigger.. The real kick in the nuts was that Jerry never even brought Claiborne in for a pre-draft visit, not once. And it's not like we were picking 29th, we were already picking 14th in the 1st round. Give me the 14th pick and my 2nd rounder over a guy who I never even brought in for a workout.

Apologies, as it was not my intent t o offend. I merely attempted to defend a couple of opinions you mocked. However I will grant that pithy seems to be the norm on this bored at times.

We'll leave my take on Dallas being an NFC favorite be. But on Greg Hardy, I argue there's more to the case than what's being assumed. After Kobe Bryants career was nearly ruined by a half psychotic woman, I don't jump to conclusions as quickly.

I did some research into the case hoping Oakland would sign him. Did Hardy make a mistake? Absolutely. But there were inconsistencies in the entire episode that leads one to admit perhaps what was reported wasn't necessarily the end truth. I think that lady was half crazy, definitely under influence, and was probably assaulting Hardy. I feel she refused to testify because she didn't want to perjure herself further. But that's just my opinion.

When it's all said and done I think it will come to light that Dallas made a bold and prudent move. And Hardy will turn into a solid citizen. Again, we can re-visit.

There wont be a knee jerk reaction by Jerry, his days of overpaying are over, thanks to Stephen Jones and Will McClay, and even Garrett to a degree.

I am looking forward to seeing what Dmac, Randle, and Williams can bring to the table in camp and preseason,

and if those arent the guys, we can find 2 more off the street every few weeks, and churn for a decent back.
I actually like those odds a lot better than trying that same approach for a cover corner, or a pass rushing DE or 3 tech.
There is a surplus infusion of RBs being added to the league. Check out every teams rosters and tell me how they are going to find room.
Some will be IRd, some will find their way to the PS, and some will be flat out cut and be FAs just like the Skins did with Leche Seastrunk last year.
I just throw Seastrunks name out there because Im just winging this post, and he is the first to pop in my mind file, but I will go into every teams roster and I plan on putting together a list that will be available and impressive RB adds, just give me some time.
Ryan Williams refused other teams offers to be placed on several other teams 53s last year, to remain on the Cowboys PS.
I dont think there will be a single RB on any other team in the leagues PS, that wont be doing cart wheels to come run here if Dallas called.
This was a very very deep RB draft, and I guarantee you we are going to steal us a nice young back that another team will be trying to stash.
I was on board with the AP recruitment early on, and Im not saying at all that is still not a possibility, and if it somehow happens, Im good with it,, really good with it.
Im just in line now with the notion that Dallas Brass has the mindset of " We build it and they will come."
Just like in Field of Dreams, except now its OL of Dreams.

Wants a fresh start anywhere else, preferably Dallas or maybe NE?

I am a Dallas fan, and we could use a RB, but it would be so much fun to listen to the fans that hate NE pissing and moaning if he went there. Belichick would probably have Peterson throw a TD pass to Brady or something just to incense the chimps. :doublethumbsup:

There wont be a knee jerk reaction by Jerry, his days of overpaying are over, thanks to Stephen Jones and Will McClay, and even Garrett to a degree....I am looking forward to seeing what Dmac, Randle, and Williams can bring to the table in camp and preseason...

Ryan Williams refused other teams offers to be placed on several other teams 53s last year, to remain on the Cowboys PS.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous about our Rb situation. I have total faith in the current brain power that what we have is more than enough to get it done... But still, I will feel better once I see it... My real faith is in the guys up front - those guys are going to be the real story and engine behind this offense.

1. Yea, we actually do know.

2. Agree about Newman and the secondary being the biggest problem at the time...

3. I guess you can "if" you way around anything..

i'd be interested to see your source detailing the war room interactions about claiborne. i haven't seen any stories detailing who was pushing for which player. interestingly, the other serious consideration was decastro--another "can't miss" prospect--who has also underachieved due to injury. you said it was against the wishes of the guys on the room--what is your source?

regarding newman, interesting that he has been a solid starter for CIN since he was released. his problem was scheme fit--he lacked the tools to play press corner, but ryan tried to force him into that role. it's a lot like kiffin trying to force carr (a pure press corner) into zone, with similar results. ryan was desperate for press corners, and jerry went out and got them. carr played well when schemed properly, but claiborne was a miss.