Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Directv

if you have or want directv, now is the time to strike.... got this from fbg. i saved about $1400. thought i would pass on to my gc brothers and sisters.

Read the script below.

Call 1-800-531-5000
Get to retentions department
Confirm you are in retentions department
Don't bother with their offers and simply request a cancellation 2 weeks out
Confirm cancellation date
Wait to receive "We want you back", "Let us make it right", "blah blah" call or email with special 877-250-4624 number and NEWDEAL1 or NEWDEAL2 code
If you receive that email, great. Go ahead and call in as soon as you receive it.
If you DO NOT receive the email in a few days, call the 877-250-4624 number anyway and tell them you received the email
You may get turned down for "not being in their system" yet
If that is the case, ask if they can get you added to the system
No matter what they say, call back in 48 hours or so and try again
You may still have to haggle with them a bit to get everything listed in this thread ($200 GC, 12 month discounts on package, free 2015 Sunday Ticket Max, 3 months of premium movie channels, all requiring a 12 month commitment (24 months if you elect to receive new equipment)), but they also may just lay it all out there for you from the start
If all else fails, you can always call the 1-800-531-5000 number back before the date you set and have the cancellation removed and try the whole process again later.

got:
free ST max
$45 off/month for 12 months
free movie channels for 6 months
$200 visa gift card

pretty much same deal i got...dropped my bill near $60 and got all the extra stuff thrown in.

:clap:

have not seen for sure but someone said that deal was ending soon.

• Like 1

Looking like the deal is still fine as far as saving about $40 or so per month, Sunday Ticket, and free movies for 3 months.

But the gift card looks like it did end yesterday according to those trying at FBG.

Just have to watch places like slickdeals and see if they bring them back (which they do from time to time).

Looking like the deal is still fine as far as saving about $40 or so per month, Sunday Ticket, and free movies for 3 months.

But the gift card looks like it did end yesterday according to those trying at FBG.

Just have to watch places like slickdeals and see if they bring them back (which they do from time to time).

What do you pay now a month?

What do you pay now a month?

Before calling earlier this week I was at $95 or so.

Mine dropped to $60...so not quite a $40 discount. But got Ticket Max for free and 3 months HBO/Show...free and a $200 gift card.

This for the Xtra package.

Before calling earlier this week I was at $95 or so.

Mine dropped to $60...so not quite a $40 discount. But got Ticket Max for free and 3 months HBO/Show...free and a $200 gift card.

This for the Xtra package.

Do you think you can keep it at $60 for two or more years? How many boxes in the house?

Does it work if you are just over 1 year into your initial 2 year plan?

Trying something here by not ignoring everything. Still won't really engage you in political threads though.

But for some it has worked yes.

I was still into my first plan last year when I called and got big discounts ...could not get them to give me the ticket right away last year. Ended up settling with Redzone on its own for free last year as I had a friend give me his log on for the ticket app on my ipad.

Have read on FBG that some have called and set a cancellation date and waited for a call back or email offering a special deal.

Worst case scenario is they don't call or email...and you try calling back and acting like you got the offer...if they don't give you anything, you can cancel the "end date" and lose nothing.

Do you think you can keep it at $60 for two or more years? How many boxes in the house?

I had to re-up for 12 months...so this price is locked for the year.

I have a genie on our main TV and 2 mini receivers (kids play room and our bedroom)

Don't have direct tv. Loved it when I had it except for when it was a cloudy day or a storm. Wouldn't get any reception. Have ATT U verse now and it's pretty good. I want google fiber but it's only made it to Austin. They plan on it coming here but I'll probably be gone by the time it makes it here

^^

i am sure the schpiel is different now

^^

Its 2017...maybe if i identify as trans ill get a better deal.

core is usually the same. have to cancel, then wait a day or two to get the best deal

^^

I had to actually get shut down last year, but then I got pretty much the same deal you quoted. Have to go through it again when my current deal is up in a month. They did give me free HBO for the month when I called the other day.

• Like 1

I had to actually get shut down last year, but then I got pretty much the same deal you quoted. Have to go through it again when my current deal is up in a month. They did give me free HBO for the month when I called the other day.

:thumbsup:

i bet you can get more...

I cancelled because I was tired of them.

Pretty sure they offered me a BJ at one point if I came back. Plus the gift card, discoun, movie channels, hardware upgrade, etc.

Fock them, I'm better off on my own :bandana:

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

i bet you can get more...

Yeah, I was hoping not to have to go through the whole disconnect dog and pony show again but it sounds like that's the way it's going to for most people.

Free HBO and Skinemax this weekend! :banana:

• Like 1