Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

How common are good guys with guns?

My best friend is a gun nut. Has an ak... ar15. Hand guns... etc.

Doesnt have a ccp has no interest in carrying. All of them have trigger locks... locked gun cases etc. when we go shooting it takes an hour just to get shooting lol.

Good guy.

Over 100 years of continuous gun ownership between me and my Pops. Zero accidental or purposeful shootings.

You're wrong, nimrod.

How many bad guys have you shot?

Doctors prescribing dope all over the place kills more people than registered gun owners. A lot more.

Only a subset of prescribed opioids are abused, and most pain med prescriptions are legitimate. Are physicians responsible for someone faking the severity of their pain, doctor shopping, stealing or using someone else’s prescription?

Only a subset of prescribed opioids are abused, and most pain med prescriptions are legitimate. Are physicians responsible for someone faking the severity of their pain, doctor shopping, stealing or using someone elses prescription?

Yes because if you are actually a doctor then theres a database you can look at to see if someone has gotten any opioids at all, how many they got, and how long ago they got them. If you still prescribe them then yes you are to blame. And they kill a ton of people

Yes because if you are actually a doctor then theres a database you can look at to see if someone has gotten any opioids at all, how many they got, and how long ago they got them. If you still prescribe them then yes you are to blame. And they kill a ton of people

They kill people who choose to put them in their mouths and swallow them.

Its not like people are running around a shopping mall pouring percocets into a shotgun and blasting people with them.

Why do you conservatives hate personal responsibility?

Welfare reform, LEGAL immigration, Death Penalty, not using abortion as birth control, anti-terrorism actually being effective, etc...

I'm sorry; you were trying to say which party hates personal responsibility?

What penny and his Harvard fellow gun hater don't realize is that the power of private gun ownership is not in the use per se, but in the threat of use. Practically every house here has a pool. Yet I've heard that there are more guns than pools here. That's a lot of guns. Yet somehow this is a safe big city. If a bad guy walks down a street, he knows there is a good chance that each house he sees is armed. Hence it is safer. Especially for a border state where the Coyotes and other bad guys are definitely packing.

I've never owned a gun but I feel safer because my neighbors do. And you can't measure the objective benefits. :cheers:

Your logic is flawed...in general, areas with more gun regulation and less firearms tend to have less violent crime. This holds true from state to state and country to country. For example, there arent a lot of guns in HI, yet we have the lowest violent crime in the country.

But lets assume your threat of gun use is an effective deterrent. What is the optimal number of firearms a community needs to maximize safety? Can there ever be too many guns?

Welfare reform, LEGAL immigration, Death Penalty, not using abortion as birth control, anti-terrorism actually being effective, etc...

I'm sorry; you were trying to say which party hates personal responsibility?

Just throwing the canard you guys toss around back in his face, as apparently he feels people need protection from putting things in their mouths and swallowing them of their own free will.

Im not going to die of opioids unless I choose to use them. The same cannot be said of an AR15.

They kill people who choose to put them in their mouths and swallow them.

Its not like people are running around a shopping mall pouring percocets into a shotgun and blasting people with them.

Im all for personal responsibility. But the irony of your statement is laughable.

Just throwing the canard you guys toss around back in his face, as apparently he feels people need protection from putting things in their mouths and swallowing them of their own free will.

Im not going to die of opioids unless I choose to use them. The same cannot be said of an AR15.

Valid points but one thing I'd add is that with illegal drugs, come violence that affects everyone in those areas.

I like personal responsibility. I also recognize many people are irresponsible focks and I adjust accordingly.

Only a subset of prescribed opioids are abused, and most pain med prescriptions are legitimate. Are physicians responsible for someone faking the severity of their pain, doctor shopping, stealing or using someone elses prescription?

Nice work on the caveat of saying prescribed drugs, completely ignoring that people go on the street for their junk after becoming addicted on the prescription drugs.

Prescription databases are a recent phenomenon, and they aren’t universal yet. If available they should be used, of course.

And I never denied opioids kill a bunch of people. But they help a bunch as well.

Prescription databases are a recent phenomenon, and they arent universal yet. If available they should be used, of course.

And I never denied opioids kill a bunch of people. But they help a bunch as well.

Mind addressing Digby calling into question your credentials? Did that get by you?

Your logic is flawed...in general, areas with more gun regulation and less firearms tend to have less violent crime. This holds true from state to state and country to country. For example, there arent a lot of guns in HI, yet we have the lowest violent crime in the country.

But lets assume your threat of gun use is an effective deterrent. What is the optimal number of firearms a community needs to maximize safety? Can there ever be too many guns?

without looking at numbers you probably have the lowest % of blacks and hispanics as well. Maybe AK

So I read this article and it's complete garbage.

It's always a red flag to me when an author switches how data is presented. In this case percentages vs real numbers and the choice of words

"Defend themselves during crimes" vs "defensive gun uses annually"

The author is cherry picking stats and using word play to make his point

You don't have to shoot a gun to stop a bad guy or criminal. The threat of having a gun is usually enough.

Also crime prevention is just one of the many good reasons to support the 2A

Look at the primary reference then. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0091743515001188

Nice work on the caveat of saying prescribed drugs, completely ignoring that people go on the street for their junk after becoming addicted on the prescription drugs.

So you’re blaming doctors for creating addicts? A few maybe, but the majority end up that way on their own.

Mind addressing Digby calling into question your credentials? Did that get by you?

He always does that, likely to deflect attention from his own faux medical career. What type of response do you expect?

without looking at numbers you probably have the lowest % of blacks and hispanics as well. Maybe AK

I knew one of you fvckos was gonna blame minorities. My generalization holds for other states as well - youd know this if you read a fraction of the links Ive provided, rather than listening to celebrity podcasts for your opinions.

ETA Alaska has the highest firearm ownership, gun death and violent crime rates in the US...yet not a lot of darkies. Good thing you didn't look at the numbers.

He always does that, likely to deflect attention from his own faux medical career. What type of response do you expect?

A takedown? What fun is this place without them?

A takedown? What fun is this place without them?

It ain’t worth it. Poor guy can’t get into PA school, let alone match wits with someone from whom he would normally take orders.

I knew one of you fvckos was gonna blame minorities. My generalization holds for other states as well - youd know this if you read a fraction of the links Ive provided, rather than listening to celebrity podcasts for your opinions.

So HI has very low gun ownership rates and therefore has lower gun violence rate.............what about other crimes?

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/hi/crime

Slightly more rapey there than the national average (.40 nationally versus .43 in HI per 1,000)..........a bit more theft/vehicle theft as well.

So HI has very low gun ownership rates and therefore has lower gun violence rate.............what about other crimes?

Slightly more rapey there than the national average (.40 nationally versus .43 in HI per 1,000)..........a bit more theft/vehicle theft as well.

There's a lot of property crime here. Not much violent crime. I can live with that.

It aint worth it. Poor guy cant get into PA school, let alone match wits with someone from whom he would normally take orders.

And yet seems to know more about medical than you 🤔

...in general, areas with more gun regulation and less firearms tend to have less violent crime. This holds true from state to state and country to country.

Someone has never heard of Chicago.

It's like he's lives on an island or sumthing.

I think we all know the guy doesnt have a clue what hes talking about

Someone doesnt understand the phrase in general.

And yet seems to know more about medical than you 🤔

It has never seemed that way at all.

You, apparently.

I do...but when you bring up one city as if it disproves what he said...you obviously dont.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Poor little fake doctor. :lol:

Our special punching bag.

Different lifestyle there. I hear the squatter population is ridiculous

• Like 1

Over 100 years of continuous gun ownership between me and my Pops. Zero accidental or purposeful shootings.

You're wrong, nimrod.

So you've never shot those guns either by accident or on purpose? Why don't you just buy a fuking paperweight?

I guess that's one way to save on ammo.