Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Charles Sims............

Get busy starting Charles Sims or get busy dying.

Dear fellas,

The coaching staff got me into this halfway house called "The Practice Squad" and a job carrying Charles Sims luggage and equipment.. It's hard work and I try to keep up, but my hands hurt most of the time. I don't think the coaches like me very much. Sometimes after practice, I go to the park and feed the birds. I keep thinking Tim Wright might just show up and say hello, but he never does. I hope wherever he is, he's doin' okay and makin' new friends. I have trouble sleepin' at night. I have bad dreams like I'm falling. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am. Maybe I should get me a gun and rob the gift shop at Raymond James Stadium so they'd send me home. I could shoot Lovie Smith while I was at it, sort of like a bonus. I guess I'm too old for that sort of nonsense any more. I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old running back like me. P.S: Tell Bobby Rainey I'm sorry I put a knife to his throat. No hard feelings.

Doug Martin

• Like 4

Dear fellas,

The coaching staff got me into this halfway house called "The Practice Squad" and a job carrying Charles Sims luggage and equipment.. It's hard work and I try to keep up, but my hands hurt most of the time. I don't think the coaches like me very much. Sometimes after practice, I go to the park and feed the birds. I keep thinking Tim Wright might just show up and say hello, but he never does. I hope wherever he is, he's doin' okay and makin' new friends. I have trouble sleepin' at night. I have bad dreams like I'm falling. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am. Maybe I should get me a gun and rob the gift shop at Raymond James Stadium so they'd send me home. I could shoot Lovie Smith while I was at it, sort of like a bonus. I guess I'm too old for that sort of nonsense any more. I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they'll kick up any fuss. Not for an old running back like me. P.S: Tell Bobby Rainey I'm sorry I put a knife to his throat. No hard feelings.

Doug Martin

You just made Shawshank FF relevant, I think I :wub: you.

• Like 2

Dear fellas,

Doug Martin

I don't know what's more depressing, remembering the original or thinking of how spot on that is with Doug Martin's situation. Poor little feller...

Either way, bravo!

Anyone starting the kid?

I am....in two leagues. Byes and injuries leave me no choice.

I am....in two leagues. Byes and injuries leave me no choice.

I'm in the same boat. In one league I get to pick 2 from:

Chris Johnson

DeAngelo Williams

Chris Sims

Fun times...

I don't :wub: you that much.

Maybe not, but i know how colluding smacks that dirty girl taboo spot deep down deep inside you......

So.....

*clears his throat*

Don't you know how sweet and wonderful, life can be

I'm askin you baby, to just collude with me

I aint gonna worry, I aint gonna be coy

So come on, come on, come on, come on baby

I will trade you Micheal Floyd....

Let's get it on

Let's get it on

Let's get it on

Let's get it on

Because he's such a sure thing:

Surgically repaired ankle? Check.

RB competition? Check.

Terrible O-line? Check.

Worst offense in NFL? Check.

Never played a snap at the pro level? Check.

If he turns out to be great, so be it. Do I wish I got to him first? Maybe. But the kid has his work cut out for him.

Now now.....remember FF Commandment #4 "Thou shalt not let logic derail a hype train" (BTW #1 is "Thou shalt never bench Stephen Davis")

If Charles Sims is currently sitting as a free agent in your fantasy league you should be ashamed of yourself. Simply irresponsible.

I'm going with Rainey, I don't think Sims plays this week so I suspect Rainey has a big game so they'll keep rolling with him. I can see them splitting carries eventually but I don't think Sims will have a huge impact

I'm going with Rainey, I don't think Sims plays this week so I suspect Rainey has a big game so they'll keep rolling with him. I can see them splitting carries eventually but I don't think Sims will have a huge impact

Blasphemy

Burn him he's a witch!!!!

I wanna see him get some volume before I start him though I have high hopes.

RB competition? Check.

Terrible O-line? Check.

If he turns out to be great, so be it. Do I wish I got to him first? Maybe. But the kid has his work cut out for him.

As an auction/keeper player I probably have a different perspective on the kid's worth. One thing for certain is that the Tampa Bay Bucs are wandering the desert, looking for a glass of water at running back. There's been some mirages, but Sims could be the real deal. Is he healthy? Who knows. All one can do is scan the ever knowing Rotoworld for about the only thing that site is worth: injury updates in practice. There's been no announced setbacks or soreness reports, in fact, the only word on Sims is 'potential.'

Bobby Rainey is a plumber, Doug Martin can't keep the job nor keep his quarterback upright, and Mike James is an afterthought. What committee? Granted this team is terrible, and the offensive line is a Chinese fire drill (by the way, is Lovie Smith coach of the year or what?) But the Bucs may have nothing to lose by giving the ball to this kid. They want to see if he's the future, and quite frankly there's a good chance of it.

Sims has good size (6-0 215), excellent speed with a 4.45 combine time, and he is a prolific pass catcher. Granted he spent time at the U of Houston, which is college football's version of the Arena League. But I don't care if you went to Azusa Pacific, 203 pass receptions in four years of Division I college football is damn impressive. That tells me the kid has soft hands, can blitz pick up, and can run routes. Which means unlike Isaiah Crowell, Derick McKinnon, or Tre Mason this kid is ready for a full time role RIGHT NOW.

And seeing the ineptitude of the Tampa Bay defense, Sims may be in for some serious work in the passing game. Additionally, he's no Doug Martin running the football. A couple of clips in the posted You Tube montage above show him in action against TCU about a year ago this week, where I personally saw him tear the Frogs a new one. He has an upright style where he squares his shoulders as he runs (reminiscent of Herschel Walker in style ONLY), but at 6-0 he has a lower center of gravity than most upright runners.

So why the hype if he hasn't played a down? Because for an auction/keeper fantasy player the name of the game is recognizing a player's future potential and acting on it in the present, before they blow up and the hype train catches on.

You understand me? You catching my drift? Or am I being obtuse?

• Like 2

One thing is for sure. If this kid gets a step....he's gone.

With his pass-catching prowess....I like that upside.

Maybe not, but i know how colluding smacks that dirty girl taboo spot deep down deep inside you......

So.....

*clears his throat*

Don't you know how sweet and wonderful, life can be

I'm askin you baby, to just collude with me

I aint gonna worry, I aint gonna be coy

So come on, come on, come on, come on baby

I will trade you Micheal Floyd....

Let's get it on

Let's get it on

Let's get it on

Let's get it on

:clap:

Still not gonna happen. :P

I just plugged Sims into my starting lineup and my scoring projection for the week is infinity.

R8R, I understand your dynasty argument. But some people are acting like he's immediately going to be running behind the Cowboys offensive line. I'll buy the rumor that he's probably going to be the go to guy before the end of the season or next year, but Rainey hasn't been chopped liver. He's averaging 4.6 per carry and 8.2 per reception. That's solid for anyone, especially a plumber. The fumbling issue (which isn't insignificant), if not rectified, is the only concern that would quickly accelerate Sims' ascension. And who knows if Martin will factor in again when/if his ankle heals.

But I just don't see Sims being more than a flex play for a few weeks until he proves his ankle can handle the punishment and speed of a few games or until he can better Rainey's numbers,

• Like 1

R8R, I understand your dynasty argument. But some people are acting like he's immediately going to be running behind the Cowboys offensive line. I'll buy the rumor that he's probably going to be the go to guy before the end of the season or next year, but Rainey hasn't been chopped liver. He's averaging 4.6 per carry and 8.2 per reception. That's solid for anyone, especially a plumber. The fumbling issue (which isn't insignificant), if not rectified, is the only concern that would quickly accelerate Sims' ascension. And who knows if Martin will factor in again when/if his ankle heals.

But I just don't see Sims being more than a flex play for a few weeks until he proves his ankle can handle the punishment and speed of a few games or until he can better Rainey's numbers,

Please don't attempt to derail this train with common sense assessments.

Please don't attempt to derail this train

Impossible.

The Seven Deadly Sims Train is about to leave the Depot. Either get on, or get the hell out of the way. Cause hell is coming with it.

Please don't attempt to derail this train with common sense assessments.

As a Bucs fan, I don't know how my posts have any semblance of sobriety still...

Agree with that completely.

Impossible.

The Seven Deadly Sims Train is about to leave the Depot. Either get on, or get the hell out of the way. Cause hell is coming with it.

Holy Sh*t!!!! I coined that nickname!!!! Im famous!!!!!

'careful how you slide, Clyde - all you did was glide/and you poured your beer in me hat'

fluid in those highlites ... reminiscent of Arian Foster - smooootthhhh

The Clash.

• Like 1

RB competition? Check.

Terrible O-line? Check.

Awesome nickname appointed by FFToday? Check.

Ready to roll Week 9? Check.

Comparisons to Matt Forte? Check.

Doug Martin hurt? Check.

Bobby Rainey Fumbleitis? Check.

Son of former Giants QB and CBS analyst? Check.

All aboard the train? Check.

Get busy starting Charles Sims or get busy dying.

In 2014, Charles Sims escaped from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers bench. All they found of him was a muddy set of street clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub. I used to think it would take six-hundred years to tunnel under the bench with it. Old Charles did it in less than one. Oh, Charles loved fantasy football. I guess it appealed to his meticulous nature. An overrated free agent pickup here, many years of busted draft picks there. Fantasy football is the study of obsession and having too much time on our hands. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a genious god-damned fftoday poster. Like I said, on the Buccaneers bench, a man will do anything to keep his mind occupied. It turns out Charles's favorite hobby was totin' his iphone through the locker room (and playing Bobby Rainey in his lineup on his fluke 3 td day instead of himeelf) , a game at a time. I guess after Doug Martins career was killed, he decided he had been here just about long enough. Charles did like he was told, buffed those cleats to a high mirror shine. The coach simply didn't notice. Neither did I...I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes? Charles crawled to fantasy football relevance through five hundred yards of smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards...that's the length of five football fields (or 50 fantasy football points for his savvy owners, upwards of 65-75 in ppr), just shy of half a mile.

• Like 1