Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Charles Sims............

Considering the success of just about every FA that Lovie/Licht brought in this year, I wouldn't exactly say he has an eye for talent.

He did draft Forte...

Doug Martin sat again today....hasn't been a go all week.

Surely, they lift the IR designation and give this kid a shot.

Doug Martin sat again today....hasn't been a go all week.

Surely, they lift the IR designation and give this kid a shot.

They'll do it next week and don't call me Shirley.

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports the Bucs are expected to activate rookie Charles Sims from the injured reserve-designated for return list by 4pm ET on Saturday.
The Bucs' third-round pick is expected to be active for Sunday's game against the Browns, but his role remains unclear. The Tampa coaching staff likely hasn't even decided fully yet. Expect Bobby Rainey to get the start, and Sims to be eased in. That would be the conservative projection, of course. There is an outside chance Sims could become a useful flex play by as early as Week 10 against Atlanta. He should be rostered in leagues of all sizes.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/299795/report-bucs-to-activate-charles-sims-by-sat

Hype train leaving the station tomorrow......anyone starting Rainey or Sims this week rolling the dice big time.

Maybe he can replace Harbaugh in San Francisco then he can have all the Johnsons he wants.

:first: Gold, Jerry.

Maybe Reality can be his first biotch. :lol:

• Like 1

put Sims in my lineup last night during the football game and when I woke up this morning he already had gotten me 23 points. bench him at your own risk.

Maybe he can replace Harbaugh in San Francisco then he can have all the Johnsons he wants.

You shut your Filthy mouth :mad:

• Like 1

I have had to drop players to make room for bye fillers this week. I have two defenses because the broncos are trapping me and I'm rolling with colts against giants(if they can get a few sacks, a int or 2 on Eli they are gold this week they know how to take it to the house on int, fumble returns), I have to start someone over Rodgers and someone over Jeffery. I had to drop Holmes because I don't know what to expect for him against Seattle and Decker is also trapping me. Cooks was a wasted pick up for this week.

So here's the deal, who do I drop to get this Sims guy?

FJac

Dixon(just got him back because I realized it was dumb to drop him)

Evans

Decker

Broncos

Have him on I/R now.

Can't decide if I should drop Taliaferro or Mason for him if he is activated today?

He did draft Forte...

I think Sims was a Tedford pick. Which is the one thing that gets me here is no one really knows much about the TB OC and his offense has been really lousy this year.

If you Google my name, you'll find a video of me playing college football, tearing up defenses like they're standing still and diving for air,

Anyone else with actual observations and info on Sims???

Considering the success of just about every FA that Lovie/Licht brought in this year, I wouldn't exactly say he has an eye for talent.

Yes, a FA disaster class this year. However, a little credit can go to Lovie for snarking Forte' in the 08 Draft. From what I remember, he actually wanted to draft Jammal Charles out of TX instead.

Lovie is a defensive guy, but he has a few hits re: offensive talent. (I still can't forgive him for the 07 2nd round Garrett Wolfe mistake)

Lovie loves Sims and Doug Martin was the old regime's guy. I think he sees a lot of Forte in Sims so let's see if he hit it right again..

That link doesn't say he is activated... it said he will.

Gimme a break.

Okay: TO BE ACTIVATED

Listen, Ian Rapoport is reporting that his sources inside the Buc's organization have revealed that Sims will be activated and play tomorrow.

If Ian is wrong, then so be it.....but that is what is being reported. Take it or leave it.

Listen, my league doesn't give me points for players that are to be activated

Then don't start him. Is "take it or leave it" really so complicated?....sheeeeesh.

The Dawg Pound Daily is reporting him as activated.

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2014/11/01/charles-sims-activated-face-browns-sunday/

As is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers website

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Sims-Activated-Thigpen-Promoted/82b52b25-592c-4c1e-b67f-77639873e1be

As is NFL.com, as of 5:11 pm Central

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/16526/players/news?newsTab=notes&playerId=2543770

So....the 4 p.m. IR activation deadline has passed...Any word yet?

I believe they have an empty spot on their 53..they don't have to deactivate anyone to activate Sims. That means the 4 pm doesn't apply

Then don't start him. Is "take it or leave it" really so complicated?....sheeeeesh.

The Dawg Pound Daily is reporting him as activated.

http://dawgpounddaily.com/2014/11/01/charles-sims-activated-face-browns-sunday/

As is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers website

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Sims-Activated-Thigpen-Promoted/82b52b25-592c-4c1e-b67f-77639873e1be

As is NFL.com, as of 5:11 pm Central

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/16526/players/news?newsTab=notes&playerId=2543770

Thank you for the links

If Stonewall says he's activated...he's activated.

Remember, every so called expert, including Matthew Berry, wears pajamas with Stonewall's logo on them.

If Stonewall says he's activated...he's activated.

Remember, every so called expert, including Matthew Berry, wears pajamas with Stonewall's logo on them.

I didn't know anyone else knew about that..

Thank you for the links

No prob :thumbsup:

I didn't know anyone else knew about that..

they'll soon realize that NFL teams call YOU for permission to release their active/inactive lists...

How long has Sims been practicing if anyone knows? If so, does anyone know how he has looked in practice? How rusty will he be?