Sign in to follow this  
Cash147

Whats up with Michael Floyd

Whats going on with him? Thought he was supposed to be capable of becoming a WR1 this year and now has a zero catch game… You guys think arizona will start utilizing him more in the later half of the season? Went from very high hopes to now I can't trust starting him from week to week, Ill probably end up starting Lafell over him this week….

Palmer has a real rhythm with Fitz and John Brown. Floyd had a couple opportunities but he just doesn't seem to impose himself on the game.

His 19 catches on 43 targets is the least efficient of any of the Top 55 receivers in the league (Ftiz has 30/49). He's just not doing much of anything.

And agreed on the name thing.

Haha yea slight typo there didn't even realize till it was pointed out. But yea you're right a few opportunities I feel he should have caught. In his defense though none of them were easy catches by any means.

Whats going on with him? Thought he was supposed to be capable of becoming a WR1 this year and now has a zero catch game… You guys think arizona will start utilizing him more in the later half of the season? Went from very high hopes to now I can't trust starting him from week to week, Ill probably end up starting Lafell over him this week….

Never thought he would be a number one Wr . He was over valued and it's showing

He is still getting some of the deepest ypa throws in the NFL and is targeted a lot, so I wouldn't worry if you own him. Brown's emergence only helps him. He's still got a high ceiling every week.

Scarcely overrated when you probably got him in the 7th round or later.

I expect at least one big catch from him this week and maybe even a great game. Dallas's defense against the deep ball looked pretty bad on Monday. Have to roll with Floyd because I have Cobb on bye.

Thing is....even when he produces, most of his production comes in a drive or two. After he caught his TDs in both WAS and OAK games, he was pretty much stuck on that number the rest of the game.

Seems like they dial up some long plays for him, and if they work....cool. If not, they go somewhere else. Too much boom/bust for me.

Remembered this post from a prior thread. Sounds pretty reasonable:

bobby heenan

FF Geek

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

The offense they run will make floyd hit or miss

They do not call pass plays with the intent to get a particular individual the ball....they run a progression scheme and palmer makes a read on the coverage...I don't own floyd but he is a great talent...the type of offense he's in will make it difficult for him to be a consistent producer....still a big 0 is suprising
  • Like 1

I got lucky and picked up Fitz couple weeks ago (10 teamer) and have both. I've been starting Floyd, but after watching last week's game, Fitz is in, Floyd benched.

Floyd had balls that he should have caught. Backyard football, no, but an NFL receiver yes. They were not difficult, they hit him in the hands/chest and popped out. Defense there or not, Fitz would've gone up to get them, yank them down, and out play the defense. Floyd did none of that, and that has to piss off Palmer in the game, and when he sees it on film. It almost looks like Floyd doesn't want to catch it.

He can have the deep looks, and spread the Defense out, for Fitz this week !

I benched Floyd this week, so he's guaranteed to have 100 yards and a TD. Start him!

I think I have to sit this clown; the other choice is Odell Beckham MNF. :dunno:

Same boat over here.... I'm not huge on beckham but I can't take another 0.

so maybe you should play floyd cause I know when I sit him he will go for 100 and a touch.

Same boat over here.... I'm not huge on beckham but I can't take another ###### 0.

so maybe you should play floyd cause I know when I sit him he will go for 100 and a touch.

I was thinking YOU could play him - for the same reason! :first: :lol:

• Like 1

I am going to start him as my wr 3. behind shoelace at wr2. Come on Josh gordon please do not do anything to fock up my future wr corps. I need a steady #2-3.

Same boat over here.... I'm not huge on beckham but I can't take another ###### 0.

What is the big deal? It happens. If you get bitter and start playing WW guys over starters who have one down week, you're going to suck at this.

Chasing points rarely works.

Palmer's arm could have a lot to do with it. Any time there is nerve damage you lose strength, which is obviously most important on deep throws.

He's being used primarily as a deep threat, which contributes to why he is hit or miss and has such a low catch rate. Not sure why they choose to do that, but as long as that is the case he will continue to be sporadic.

Last game he got hurt early and was not the same the rest of the game.

He has 43 targets which is tied for 2nd on the team, Fitz has 49. So it's not like they aren't throwing it to him.

The cards have had no need to use him based on the matchups. I think CWill was probably shadowing him last week. Fitz is still the more targeted, and if he's able to get open he's the guy. He did well weeks 1 and 3 because Fitz faced secondaries that forced the qb to go deep. The broncos took Floyd completely out all game, the redskins were a bad secondary where Fitz was able to get open. Palmer is not the type of qb who wants to hit a homerun every game, and they don't have that kind of coach either. The cards are the type of team that likes to run out the clock.

Floyd should possibly do well this week against Dallas, and he will definitely be needed against the lions, seahawks, and chiefs. He could have a nice run weeks 11-14.

What is the big deal? It happens. If you get bitter and start playing WW guys over starters who have one down week, you're going to suck at this.

Chasing points rarely works.

C'mon. Odell Beckham isn't your typical 'waiver wire' WR; he's very talented, and the VaGiants are going to have to throw a ton in this upcoming MNF game. I can see Beckham being a top 25 WR this week.

The cards have had no need to use him based on the matchups. I think CWill was probably shadowing him last week. Fitz is still the more targeted, and if he's able to get open he's the guy. He did well weeks 1 and 3 because Fitz faced secondaries that forced the qb to go deep. The broncos took Floyd completely out all game, the redskins were a bad secondary where Fitz was able to get open. Palmer is not the type of qb who wants to hit a homerun every game, and they don't have that kind of coach either. The cards are the type of team that likes to run out the clock.

Not sure if you follow the Cardinals, but Arians is absolutely a coach who wants to hit mutliple home runs every game. He calls them "chunk" plays, and he goes for them more than any other coach.

C'mon. Odell Beckham isn't your typical 'waiver wire' WR; he's very talented, and the VaGiants are going to have to throw a ton in this upcoming MNF game. I can see Beckham being a top 25 WR this week.

I can see Floyd having a top 5 week. The guy has size and speed.....he could put up a huge week at any time. He's not going to be consistent, but I'd bank on him over Beckham the rest of the season.

I can see Floyd having a top 5 week. The guy has size and speed.....he could put up a huge week at any time. He's not going to be consistent, but I'd bank on him over Beckham the rest of the season.

The problem is that Floyd has had only two 100 yard games; the last one in week 3. He's had only two TDs this year; Beckham did that in one game.

I hope you're right, but I'm not confident in him right now, and believe that Beckham will be in a very high scoring game MNF.

The problem is that Floyd has had only two 100 yard games; the last one in week 3. He's had only two TDs this year; Beckham did that in one game.

I hope you're right, but I'm not confident in him right now, and believe that Beckham will be in a very high scoring game MNF.

FWIW I own him but am sitting him to wait and see how it shakes out but I have better options and can afford to be patient. I'm just not a big believer in a kid like Beckham suddenly becoming dominant. I have a feeling I'm going to be sorry I benched Floyd this week. When coaches/QB's notice a guy like Floyd puts up a goose egg like he did last week, they usually find a way to get them involved the next week.

man I hope so. I have waffleling between floyd and andre holmes for the better part of a week. I am rolling with floyd but his targets, catches and use really have me on the edge even using him as a wr3.

While I agree that it is not time to panic on Floyd, I disagree that a "a kid like Beckham" can't be a good starter already.

We have already seen that rookies like Watkins and Benjamin are making an impact.

Beck was drafted 12th for a reason.

And the jints have promised to take some deep shots this week.

• Like 1

While I agree that it is not time to panic on Floyd, I disagree that a "a kid like Beckham" can't be a good starter already.

We have already seen that rookies like Watkins and Benjamin are making an impact.

Beck was drafted 12th for a reason.

And the jints have promised to take some deep shots this week.

^this.

They have Luck they're dealing with. Luck is going to light up the VaGays like a Christmas Tree. Eli will have no choice but to try to light it up as well.

Best case scenario: Floyd puts up 100+TD, and then Beckham does likewise.