Sign in to follow this  
HD11

Kelvin Benjamin this week

I am guessing he faces Keenan Lewis, who really shut down Jordy last week.

Many sites are still projecting a good game for Benjamin. Is there any reason for that?
I am thinking about starting Randle or Hopkins instead. I am just not sure a rookie WR facing a

strong cb is automatic points this week.

Cam forces opponets to game plan for his ability to run, which in turn makes it harder to shut down a guy like Benjamin.

Not sure what your other options are, but I would say he's an every week starter going forward. Matchup proof.

Good point. Most of the articles that make predictions do not look into the depth that you mentioned. The only one I read is Silva from Rotoworld. He analyzes the details of each matchup like who is covering who. I agree, we should not just blindly assume he is good for 15 without looking deeper.

Here is a good writeup about Benjamins matchup this week

The rookie WR got the best of Seahawk CB Richard Sherman in Week Eight, racking up more yardage (94) on him than any other WR has since 2012. Benjamin hauled in 4 of his 7 targets for 94 yards, including an unbelievable 51-yard catch between Sherman and S Earl Thomas. The Panthers benched Benjamin to start Week Eight, but he eventually found the field and his day couldve been even better. He just missed two potential TDs, dropping one of those passes in the end zone, and QB Cam Newton overthrew him on another. The Saints played 2-deep coverage nearly the entire game against the Packers to take away the deep ball, and they could do the same thing this week with the Panthers struggling to run the ball. CB Keenan Lewis, with plenty of help over the top, was able to slow down Packer WR Jordy Nelson (3/25) in Week Eight, so well see if Benjamin gets similar treatment this week. Still, the Saints are giving up 45.9 FPG to WRs the last five weeks, and Benjamin showed last week that he is able to overcome a tough matchup.

This site has him ranked 3rd for the week....no guarantee he produces....no such thing....but it's pretty hard to sit this guy....you'd have to have a deep corps or only start 2 and have 3 very good rbs....benjamin is approaching do not sit status

Benjamin has proven himself to be matchup proof and a weekly start....which is crazy for a rookie.

Golden Tate put up 150/1 against the Saints a couple weeks back. Most WR1 have done really well against the Saints this year. Plus, NO kinda got screwed....playing SNF then traveling for TNF. Tough turn around...especially for a team who struggles on the road.

I'm starting Benjamin ahead of Keenan Allen and AJ Green and not thinking twice about it.

Benjamin has proven himself to be matchup proof and a weekly start....which is crazy for a rookie.

This. The dude has been a stud since he walked in the door in Carolina. He was the best player in camp, preseason and is today.

Rookie Of The Year

gonna be tight with Watkins ... KB has been more workmanlike consistent, but .... man, Watkins is explosive

lotta foosball left.

• Like 1

Just read something on the CBS sight that Benjamin tanked his combine 40 time so he would fall to Carolina.

Anyone else confirm?

Newton forces the ball to benji even when he's covered. And lord kelvin usually makes it worth the risk. Saints can't run the outside bracket coverage like they did with the packers unless they want newton running for 300 yards right up the middle of the field.

Newton forces the ball to benji even when he's covered. And lord kelvin usually makes it worth the risk. Saints can't run the outside bracket coverage like they did with the packers unless they want newton running for 300 yards right up the middle of the field.

Good point

Last week I said to bench Marshall.. . this week its to start the saints def. You think there 0-4 record will continue? No... Panthers can't run the ball at all.

If KB could overcome the drops he would be even better. Those dropped TD's are so frustrating to watch. He has great games which could be near monster games if he could catch all those very catchable balls.

Benjamin and newton combo is frustrating and just doesn't do what it could do...if its not cam throwing an outside shoulder ball out of bounds so Benjamin doesn't even have a shot...it's Benjamin just dropping a ball in the end zone.....that's why he fell...his terrible drop rate in college...man I like the kid but catch the fuckun ball

Well, glad I started him in all three leagues. Should have stuck with my gut and Randle.

Yes, in the end you were right, and that is what matters in fantasy......but it was a lucky call Eagles115, and I think you know that.

Benjamin could have easily had a 15-25 point night, and it certainly wasn't because of outstanding coverage. Cam was a nightmare throwing the ball. Just putrid. Benjy had your stud Keenan Lewis beat badly in the endzone and Cam threw it 3 feet over his head on a 10 yard pass. He overthrew him for an 80 yard score the first play of the game where Benjy was behind him. Yes, he dropped one in the endzone that was very catchable, as he is known to do sometimes, but every other pass was just miserable. Lewis made one good pass defense in the endzone, I'll give him that......but other than that, was darn lucky that he didn't get his jock handed to him.

• Like 1

Yes, in the end you were right, and that is what matters in fantasy......but it was a lucky call Eagles115, and I think you know that.

Benjamin could have easily had a 15-25 point night, and it certainly wasn't because of outstanding coverage. Cam was a nightmare throwing the ball. Just putrid. Benjy had your stud Keenan Lewis beat badly in the endzone and Cam threw it 3 feet over his head on a 10 yard pass. He overthrew him for an 80 yard score the first play of the game where Benjy was behind him. Yes, he dropped one in the endzone that was very catchable, as he is known to do sometimes, but every other pass was just miserable. Lewis made one good pass defense in the endzone, I'll give him that......but other than that, was darn lucky that he didn't get his jock handed to him.

^ this - x infinity.

- remember the old saying about Jordan?

"the only person who can hold Michael Jordan under 30 points a game is Dean Smith"

same here with KB ... SCam caps his ceiling significantly, damn near cripples it. sure, KB dropped a sure td, but SCam flat out sucked so hard last night, even Jerry Rice would've flopped in that offense.

dude was open quite a few times for big gains/tds ... and SCam focked it up royally. simple enough.

in the final analysis, KB put up a dud, yes ... but the real shutdown corner was actually named SCam Newton.

ps - look at Watkins now with a 'professional' qb ... a guy (Orton, also made a fantasy stud out of Brandon Lloyd) who knows how to get the ball to his best weapon ... Sammy labored with EJ, and has now definitely passed KB for ROY, and won't look back, winning it easily.

Carolina needs to bring in Anderson (who made Braylon friggin' Edwards a one season superstar), and let SCam play rb.

hth :music_guitarred:

ETA: the disparity in last night's qb play was amazing. Brees playing his usual sub-par road game STILL damn near threw for 300, and made sure his beast (Graham) was eating.

that's a pro, folks

I think it was a little bit of both...lewis made more than one good play...and there were some terrible throws and a drop....I'm certainly not feeling bad about playing a guy who had 10 targets though..don't care if it was a prime champ bailey on him....cam is atrocious sometimes...and his offensive line is bad....even a guy like kalil who is supposed to be the leader...he sucks...and overall the offense looks uncreative

I think it was a little bit of both...lewis made more than one good play...and there were some terrible throws and a drop....I'm certainly not feeling bad about playing a guy who had 10 targets though..don't care if it was a prime champ bailey on him....cam is atrocious sometimes...and his offensive line is bad....even a guy like kalil who is supposed to be the leader...he sucks...and overall the offense looks uncreative

I am not happy with his performance, but every time I looked up Cam was throwing a horrible pass. I think KB should have caught that TD, but other than that it was horrible play by Cam.

Oh well at least my opponent had S. Graham and Stewart so I am feeling decent about my weekly chance.

I am not happy with his performance, but every time I looked up Cam was throwing a horrible pass. I think KB should have caught that TD, but other than that it was horrible play by Cam.

Oh well at least my opponent had S. Graham and Stewart so I am feeling decent about my weekly chance.

Cam couldn't hit the loose side of a wh##e last night. Yes KB should have caught one TD, but even that ball was a bit behind him. Still... You have to like the number of targets the kid is getting - even with Cam throwing the ball.

Cam couldn't hit the loose side of a wh##e last night. Yes KB should have caught one TD, but even that ball was a bit behind him. Still... You have to like the number of targets the kid is getting - even with Cam throwing the ball.

needs some touch on his passes too

I

How does a number one wr only get one point, especially on 10 targets? Sheesh

Couldn't believe what I was watching last night from a professional QB. Seriously CAM had no ability to throw anything other than a jet propelled rocket ball in ALL situations. I admit he definitely has a cannon, but damn you don't need to throw it at terminal velocity at all times. Peyton seems to make due with those wobbly flutterballs. Throw a pass the receiver actually can catch once and a while. Benjamin definitely had one ball go thru his hands that should have been caught, but the majority was CAMS problem.