Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Brandon Marshall...Buy Low?

A guy in my league is aggressively shopping Marshall. Anyone think he could be in for a huge second half? Or will he be just as mediocre as he is now?

I think we're heading towards a total collapse and Jay Cutler finally being run out of town. Could be wrong though; hell the 2007 Giants turned it around and won the super bowl

A guy in my league is aggressively shopping Marshall. Anyone think he could be in for a huge second half? Or will he be just as mediocre as he is now?

There is a reason he is shopping him . After Forte there is very little else on that team

I sold Marshall along with Cutler and Hillman for Rodgers and Cobb before last week. The offense now runs through Forte because Treshman wants to limit Cutler's mistakes. The days of Marshall catching 8-10 balls per game are over.

I like Brandon Marshall in the 2nd half. He was hurt for like the first 4-5 weeks. Big red zone target and jays favorite target.

Worth the risk IMO

• Like 1

Some guy offered me Marshall for Djax..... I quickly declined that trade. I think Marshall is cooked. He had one huge game thats it!!

I wouldn't sell low. he is still a red zone big target, jay's man love, and during his bad games was still getting close to (or more than) 10 targets a game. Look it up.

Sell him, but not low. Someone like keenan allen would be a step back but not a total sell low. you might get k.benjamin or wallace or maybe the g.tate owner might trade now that calvin is back....

....but the guy I would try to deal Marshall for is Julio. both have been struggling, but Julio is the clear cut 1 on ATL is gonna throw a ton. and they do well in the dome at home.

Some guy offered me Marshall for Djax..... I quickly declined that trade. I think Marshall is cooked. He had one huge game thats it!!

I would of taken this deal

There is a reason he is shopping him . After Forte there is very little else on that team

There is a unicorn on the team also that's quite the target hog

He used to be.. but this is what I'm hearing via local media:

Since OG Matt Slauson is now out for season & Center R.Garza banged up, the Black Unicorn is being called upon block a lot more. He's done an exceptional job blocking at the line (so Jay won't get killed) That said, I can't see the Unicorn's targets increasing a hellova lot going forward given they don't change his recent role.

Also, Brandon's ankle was worse that what was previously reported. With him finally healed and with his recent public bitching, I can see Jay focusing on Brandon more going forward.

However, what was concerning was him blatantly giving up & checking out after that play (drop) last week. Tressman & OC Kromer very well may have lost this team....

• Like 1

He's been Mr. September for years.

• Like 1

Traded Cobb for Marshall and Martavis Bryant. It was the most reluctant trade acceptance ever on my part, but I think Cobb's numbers start falling off some and Marshall's go up. And I think Bryant is going to be a solid WR2 going forward.

Definitely a risky trade though. We'll see how it pans out.

He used to be.. but this is what I'm hearing via local media:

Since OG Matt Slauson is now out for season & Center R.Garza banged up, the Black Unicorn is being called upon block a lot more. He's done an exceptional job blocking at the line (so Jay won't get killed) That said, I can't see the Unicorn's targets increasing a hellova lot going forward given they don't change his recent role.

Also, Brandon's ankle was worse that what was previously reported. With him finally healed and with his recent public bitching, I can see Jay focusing on Brandon more going forward.

However, what was concerning was him blatantly giving up & checking out after that play (drop) last week. Tressman & OC Kromer very well may have lost this team....

Sounds like the unicorn's targets decreasing with that news if true....

I own Marshall in a most of my leagues and people keep offering me crap. In my dynasty leagues, I'm not about to trade him. In my redrafts, I'm hoping he picks it up over the 2nd half. The offers I've received are pretty lame. Nothing even remotely close to half his value, and I don't consider his value too high right now.

Brandon is now the #4 option on the team - behind Forte, and Alshon, and Bennett in catches and yards. Headed towards by far his worst season since his rookie year in Denver.

I'd have to see some evidence of a turnaround first before thinking about adding this guy at a premium price. The crap / lame offers aren't surprising, I'd call him a mid level WR2 at best right now.