37 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite?

• Scrambled
    • Sunny Side Up
    • Over easy
    • Hard Boiled
    • Poached
    • Other

About three nights a week, I scramble eight eggs (using only four yolks). It is a great source of protein. I could make it healthier by eliminating more yolks, but I like the taste better with them in there. When out to a diner for breakfast, I order mine over easy.

What's your favorite way of preparing eggs? Also, do you use anything to spice them up?

Usually over easy with tobasco or Crystal hot sauce. Sometimes sunny side up if I have rye toast to dip into the yolk.

Favorite is hard bolied then chopped up with some butter so it and the yoke makes this awesome paste like substance. With some toast or english muffins and some bacon. Maybe some hot choco. Thing is, that way is a pain in the ass getting the eggs out of the shells all hot burning your fingers than chopping them up and getting everything else ready...so I hardly every have them that way.

Usually, scrambled...closer to dry than runny. Usually throw in a little cheese. Can't eat eggs without some kind of toasted bread product. Don't know what it is, but eggs sound gross to me usless there is something bready to balance it out.

I'm suprised an option wasn't 'On my face' after reading all of your posts in the political threads.

Serious answer? Almost always scrambled w/ a little salt and pepper. Sometimes I'll dabble a bit of hot sauce to give it some personality. I'm not a big fan of 'runny' eggs or hard boiled eggs. There's a happy medium of texture in an egg for me and it's scrambled.

I'm suprised an option wasn't 'On my face' after reading all of your posts in the political threads.

:lol:

Over easy is my preferred way, but if I'm in the mood for an omelet I like it with cheese, onion and jalapeños.

If you like scrambled eggs, try adding *just a bit* of tap water to them before pouring in the skillet. They will be much "fluffier" and not dried out. :thumbsup:

HTH

Over hard(not an option) or scrambled.

I like eggs, but don't like uncooked yolks. Yuck.

My usual breakfast is an egg muffin sammich with 2 eggs over hard (broken yolks in little pans that make them the right size), a slice of havarti cheese, two strips of bacon, on an english muffin. Toasted in a panini maker.

I like all types of egg preps except soft-boiled. The rest of typical breakfast fare is typically shiotty carbs (cereal, pancakes, french toast) so if I have the option, I always go with eggs.

I'll usually fry one up and make a lil' sammich with english muffin, bacon, cheddar, and some spicy mustard.

Gordon Ramsay will F'bomb you if you add water, milk, salt, pepper - or anything to scrambled eggs before they hit the pan. Then again he likes his damn near runny - out on that.

I like mine sunny side up, unless chorizo is involved. Hard to beat huevos con chorizo for breakfast.:bandana:

Two 'cheat' meals that I may have about once a month are, corned beef hash, three eggs over easy,and toast. Or, a Spam, egg, and cheese sandwich on toast. Mmmmm

Over hard(not an option) or scrambled.

I like eggs, but don't like uncooked yolks. Yuck.

+1

Pop that yolk!

Scrambled with salsa and cheese. Anyone else do their scrambled in a microwave?

Scrambled with salsa and cheese. Anyone else do their scrambled in a microwave?

I will from time to time for the dog. He doesn't care that they aren't pretty looking and it only takes a few seconds.

If you like scrambled eggs, try adding *just a bit* of tap water to them before pouring in the skillet. They will be much "fluffier" and not dried out. :thumbsup:

HTH

So you are a fluffer?

I like to have your mother prepare them for me in the nude.

Scrambled well done or fried on a sammich

HTH

You should add milk instead of water for better results.

Also I like my eggs eerily similar to parrot :unsure:

Scrambled with cheese and salsa - sort of like an omelet.

They are all pretty good.

But when they are fried I like them just before hard. Not hard, not oozing all over. Nice and just soft.

It takes a keen eye and a sure hand.

usually make myself a cheese omelette if im making it at home.

Sunny side up, spinkle with Italian seasoning, served with butter and toast.

Also have to add that I love eating scrambled eggs, plain yogurt, garlic powder, pepper, and wheat bread all mixed in bowl. Great stuff!

Sunny side up here. I need to dip my toast in something.

Scrambled with finely chopped onion, garlic and chorizo.

Scrambled with finely chopped onion, garlic and chorizo.

another 'staple' egg dish with exotic ingrediants..,

like whenever there is a 'how you like your burger' thread, always get the clowns with the 'bolivian harvarti cheese, ground lamb umbilical cord, with shaved truffle' bs...

or the beer threads where the wannabe hipsters bloviate on rare trappist monk brews...

I prefer mine left in the shell, in the fridge for someone else to eat. Eggs are focking disgusting :thumbsdown:

I prefer mine left in the shell, in the fridge for someone else to eat. Eggs are focking disgusting :thumbsdown:

Now we KNOW you are a communist.

Nearly the perfect food. An eight scrambled egg omelet has nearly 40 grams of protein. Easily digested and absorbed, too. Hungry at 9:00 PM? Scramble some eggs.

:doublethumbsup:

Over Medium for me. runny eggs are gross.

over medium is a good way of putting it for me too.

I like it fried to the point that the edges are a little crispy but the yolk is still on the runny side.

You should add milk instead of water for better results.

Also I like my eggs eerily similar to parrot :unsure:

Scrambled with cheese and salsa - sort of like an omelet.

Montana boys know what's up. :thumbsup:

another 'staple' egg dish with exotic ingrediants..,

like whenever there is a 'how you like your burger' thread, always get the clowns with the 'bolivian harvarti cheese, ground lamb umbilical cord, with shaved truffle' bs...

or the beer threads where the wannabe hipsters bloviate on rare trappist monk brews...

If you think Mexican sausage is an exotic ingredient you need to get out more.

If you think Mexican sausage is an exotic ingredient you need to get out more.

You consider chorizo a refrigerator staple akin to having eggs?

Can I see some identification, please? :nono: