Sign in to follow this  
wish2win

Need help with draft..PLEASE

I have the #4 pick of my big $$$ draft coming up. Should I grab Manning, or a RB? (Barber/Portis) Also if I grab Manning, should I follow it up with 2 RB's or the best WR's available? Consequently, if I take a RB, should I take another, or go the WR or QB route? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Scoring is standard scoring with passing TD's 6 points.

Thanks

I have the #4 pick of my big $$$ draft coming up. Should I grab Manning, or a RB? (Barber/Portis) Also if I grab Manning, should I follow it up with 2 RB's or the best WR's available? Consequently, if I take a RB, should I take another, or go the WR or QB route? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Scoring is standard scoring with passing TD's 6 points.

Thanks

#4 pick on Manning? If the point for a passing TD is 6...maybe. But you're pick 4...I'd go with a RB1. If QB passTD=4, NO...RB, then WR (unless there was a huge run on WR and the next best ffpts pick is a RB). Pick up a value RB round 3. Peyton is a freak...but his numbers don't deviate tremendously from the second class QBs to move that high IMHO.

goto go running back here #4 is way to high. Back end of the 1st or begining of second. Good QBs will be available later in draft.

You go with a RB at 4 and then take the best available in the 2nd but think ahead too because grabbing 2 rbs in the 1st 3 rounds is key

Avoid picking a Qb that early. I do agree that 6pts per Td makes it much more palitable.

Right...we're doing that now. But I still wouldn't do it for a QB. WR yards> QB passing yards pointswise. Maybe in the 2nd.

Passing TDs are worth 6 how can you NOT go with Manning?

Manning will have 30 TDs (at least) and Barber may have 15 combined?

Manning will have 4,000 yards to Barber's 1,500.

You can still get a good RB in round 2 and 3. I like Manning here.

You have to go with RB at #4. I only see 5 RB that are sure things this year (the top 3 and the 2 that you mentioned), meaning that they don't play on bad teams, have an injury history, or have the potential to be in a RBBC. You have to get one of those guys.

Plus 30 TDs from any QB is a lot to expect, even Manning, especially with the loss of the Edge.