Sign in to follow this  
discoflow

I offered this trade--what do you think?

What's up y'all?!

I made a big trade offer on Friday, and my buddy is thinking about it. I own the #1 overall in a 14-team redraft league. I am of the perspective that generally, teams with top picks often do fairly well but seem to flame out sometime in the playoffs. I wanted to address the situation, and decided that I could either a) try to move my pick for multiple picks, or :banana: try to package picks for another high pick. I went with option b, and offered my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders for my buddy's #3 overall.

If he accepts the offer, I'll have 1.1 and 1.3 overall, and I'm inclined to take LaDainian #1 overall and then whoever of LJ or SA is available at 1.3 overall. I'm thinking of going with LaDainian #1 overall because of two primary reasons...he has been successful in every situation, including crappy SD teams with less-than-average qb play (a definite possibility this season), and he has a backup that would probably do a nice job if he gets injured.

If my buddy rejects the offer (getting no response from 1.2 overall), I may attempt to trade my 1.1 overall for a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder from someone who has high picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds. This would be the opposite approach, and with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds I'd try to get 2 to 3 top WR's, Gates, Palmer or Brady, and maybe Dunn or Bush plus maybe another back with perceived issues but who I like this year.

What is the better gameplan of these two, or should I stand pat?

Four quarters in one pocket.....a dollar bill in the other.

The trade would work well either way.

If you have LT2 and SA/LJ....it would be hard to beat that week in and week out, no matter who you had for the rest of your team.

At the same time with two picks in round 2-3-4...your depth would be great! Plus you have a much better chance of catching lightning in a bottle.

Either way you win.