Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

Is this trade collusion?

Just the fact that someone would post a "VETO" thread is evidence alone that a trade is probably too lopsided for any league to allow it.

To use an analogy, if you trade away $10 and get $10 back, you are cool if it happens, and cool if it doesn't. It's when you are giving away $5 and getting back $10 that you'll be pissed if the trade doesn't go through.

Team A and Team B are two new owners in our league. I believe they may be friends or know each other, but I'm not certain. Both teams play in the same division in a 12 team league.

Team A is sitting at a (2-1) record, and Team B is sitting at (0-3). The trade below is as follows (the team refers to TEAM Quarterback).

Team A (2-1) Trade Away: Washington Redskins (WAS) Rashad Jennings (NYG) C.J. Spiller (BUF)

Team B (0-3) Trade Away: New England Patriots (NWE) LeSean McCoy (PHI) Toby Gerhart (JAC)

Now, I'm not one to veto a trade, but this one stinks heavily in favour of a ###### team giving their friend the best RB in the league. I know McCoy has underperformed, but come on.

Thoughts?

About as equal a trade as you can find these days.

How in the world can you call this collusion?

OP is pissed his fair,even,great trade offer wasn't accepted so he cries collusion when other guy accepts another trade.

Seen it a million times

Nuff said

you should post both team A and Team B's full roster... It would help a bit more...

you should post both team A and Team B's full roster... It would help a bit more...

Eh, it's 2 RBs and a D for 2 RBs and a D. Nothing that requires a full roster to be posted.

Team A is sending a crappy D, an over performing RB, and an average preforming RB for a good D and 2 underperforming RBs.

OP should drive to their houses, and punch himself in the face in front of the guys' wives and kids.

Wasn't my trade man. Nobody trades with the top team in the league! :doublethumbsup:

You misunderstood me. You got manhandled in your attempt for support... of your gripe about a trade.

Clearly, that's the way I see it.

Cousins will come back down to earth, I'd rather have Brady. Jennings will be outperformed by McCoy by the end of the season. Spiller and Gerhart are a wash imo.

Except "the way you see it" doesn't mean sh!t.

They paid their entry fee so they could manage their teams. One is giving up on McCoy based on what he's seen and wants to go with the hot hand. You have no way of telling if he's wrong or right.

It's amazing how many commissioners must win every game in every league they play in, such is the depth of their knowledge of what players are going to do in the future.

I think its well within the margins of reasonable... Jennings has looked great, McCoy has looked bad, bad Oline and sproles stealing catches... QB's are close to a wash, and Spiller/Gerhart is a gamble either way on touches vs productivity...

Team A and Team B are two new owners in our league. I believe they may be friends or know each other, but I'm not certain. Both teams play in the same division in a 12 team league.

Team A is sitting at a (2-1) record, and Team B is sitting at (0-3). The trade below is as follows (the team refers to TEAM Quarterback).

Team A (2-1) Trade Away: Washington Redskins (WAS) Rashad Jennings (NYG) C.J. Spiller (BUF)

Team B (0-3) Trade Away: New England Patriots (NWE) LeSean McCoy (PHI) Toby Gerhart (JAC)

Now, I'm not one to veto a trade, but this one stinks heavily in favour of a ###### team giving their friend the best RB in the league. I know McCoy has underperformed, but come on.

Thoughts?

So as a commish, trying to be objective, i try to remove the "opinion" from things. I've emailed and posted commish articles to league members who pose questions like this and I try to break it down as "Team A - Player A = (current pts)". As experienced FF players, we should all know that half the guys ranked in the top 10 each fall out and 5 new ones jump in. Preconceived notions of player value create bias. If the trade offer ins't lopsided when the players names are removed from the equation, then it's not lopsided. And all that is beside the point...collusion rarely happens in reality...it's just a word everybody on this bored loves to use.

Thoughts?

Basically I look at it like this:

The only defense that people will pay substantially for would be the #1 or # 2 D. and neither defense is that, so the value there is minimal.

so this basically becomes Jennings and Spiller for McCoy and Gerhart.

Gerhart is worth very little and wont do much behind that crappy O line in Jax.

So Jennings and Spiller for Mccoy? While I wouldnt make the deal, its not so bad that I'd consider a Veto.

I'd let this go.

Stop whining. Brady has done like 11, 15, 11 or whatever. He's below avg at this point.

Cousins will struggle from time to time, but he'll have some big games too.

Is balanced as it can be

Washington QB / Spiller

for McCoy is the deal.

Team B looks to improve and be competitive afterwards.

this is the kind of trade you should be wanting to see in your league.

BTW Brady should retire now.

This didn't age well

my only question is how do they have 3 game records when we've only been through 2 weeks.

EDIT: NVM this thread is ancient.

my only question is how do they have 3 game records when we've only been through 2 weeks.

EDIT: NVM this thread is ancient.

That,... also Jennings and Gerhart havent been in the League for years.

That,... also Jennings and Gerhart havent been in the League for years.

I dunno why he's digging into post history and bumping 4 year old threads...

I dunno why he's digging into post history and bumping 4 year old threads...

To be fair, who doesn't enjoy digging into 4 year old trade threads. I personally leave nothing to chance in pursuit of FF domination. He obviously has taken that Brady comment to heart and won't let this years naysayers sway his future actions. Like if I say wow Bradford is hot garbage and should retire immediately! The Lone Star will see thru this nonsense and immediately pick him up to stash in his dynasty league. Just dealing with higher level player here. We're all playing checkers. Lone Star chess.

I prefer Brady over Cousins, the other players are mostly worthless in any leagues now. WTF is anybody holding Gerhart this year?

I prefer Brady over Cousins, the other players are mostly worthless in any leagues now. WTF is anybody holding Gerhart this year?

I feel like Marty McFly.. what year is this right now???

• Like 2

To be fair, who doesn't enjoy digging into 4 year old trade threads. I personally leave nothing to chance in pursuit of FF domination. He obviously has taken that Brady comment to heart and won't let this years naysayers sway his future actions. Like if I say wow Bradford is hot garbage and should retire immediately! The Lone Star will see thru this nonsense and immediately pick him up to stash in his dynasty league. Just dealing with higher level player here. We're all playing checkers. Lone Star chess.

😁 Now I wonder who's alt account Lone Star belongs to.

You nailed Phil Simms to a tee on this post. Well done.

lol the thread showed up at the bottom on my page. Just thought the Brady comments were funny.

No, no it really didn't. You went digging for a 4 year old thread. Congratulations. 🙄