Sign in to follow this  
redsrback

anthem ruling

facebook is liberal, and I noticed it took you a long time looking up sources that nobody goes to. But your wrong, I had to stop watching the stock market channel even though they broke record after record because they tried to tie it to obama

Facebook is not a news source itself. People share news from news sources on there all the time along with Twitter as well. They do the same with Liberal news sources. I find it funny that you are focusing on my naming Conservative news sources even though I was critical of news sources on both sides. You got very defensive for some reason. Relax.

Just to save you some time, I'm not Liberal or Conservative. I think there are way too many crazies on both sides. I can't stand the fact that there are parties and think it's destroyed our government and political landscape. Too many people pick party over country now.

who did you vote for in the last 3 presidential elections?

Just to save you some time, I'm not Liberal or Conservative. I think there are way too many crazies on both sides. I can't stand the fact that there are parties and think it's destroyed our government and political landscape. Too many people pick party over country now.

Nope Trump won because the left turned to him over what use to be democratic views. Go kiss your Nancy Pelosi or maybe you prefer Chuck Schumer. Or say thank you to Obummer which is being written out of history books other then the color of his skin.

Facebook is not a news source itself. People share news from news sources on there all the time along with Twitter as well. They do the same with Liberal news sources. I find it funny that you are focusing on my naming Conservative news sources even though I was critical of news sources on both sides. You got very defensive for some reason. Relax.

Nope your wrong again, you just have nothing, facebook is liberal, it screens against conservative views. Keep trying!!!!

Wow, reds! You are really something special. I've seen a few extreme people like you on other sites and I've seen it's rarely worth engaging with someone like you. I have a feeling you have a soft spot for conspiracy theories as well.

• Like 1

Why does Donald hate the troops? :(

The 1 with Nancy Pelosi and chuck schumer singing this land is my land with a staged crowd and her thinking her mike was off, turned to chuck and said okay bring the real people in.

The 1 with Nancy Pelosi and chuck schumer singing this land is my land with a staged crowd and her thinking her mike was off, turned to chuck and said okay bring the real people in.

That really happened? That's hilarious.

Wow, reds! You are really something special. I've seen a few extreme people like you on other sites and I've seen it's rarely worth engaging with someone like you. I have a feeling you have a soft spot for conspiracy theories as well.

you think he's extreme for saying that facebook is liberal? how about former facebook employees saying that they were ordered to suppress conservative perspectives?

https://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-workers-we-routinely-suppressed-conser-1775461006

is gizmodo another crazy right wing hotbed?

It's a shame that years from now the eagles championship will be overshadowed by this. It was a really, really dumb move on their part. I'd say their fans deserve better, but they don't.

Long time Eagles fan, proud of what they accomplished on the field and off. None of the Eagles knelt for the anthem, but if they had, I would have supported their right to do so. Not going to see a man they whose policies they disagree with is their right as well. Trump is weaponizing the anthem to score political points. Congratulations, you got sucked into his game.

None of the Eagles knelt for the anthem...

didn't know that, but my respect level for them is increased (and this is coming from a cowboys fan).

Long time Eagles fan, proud of what they accomplished on the field and off. None of the Eagles knelt for the anthem, but if they had, I would have supported their right to do so. Not going to see a man they whose policies they disagree with is their right as well. Trump is weaponizing the anthem to score political points. Congratulations, you got sucked into his game.

Weaponizing the anthem? Talk about getting suckered...

Anyway, why are you proud of what they did? You didn't do anything to contribute.

That would be like me being proud of the rebel forces beating up the empire.

you think he's extreme for saying that facebook is liberal? how about former facebook employees saying that they were ordered to suppress conservative perspectives?

https://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-workers-we-routinely-suppressed-conser-1775461006

is gizmodo another crazy right wing hotbed?

I think his entire political view is extreme. Almost every post Ive seen from him in this thread reads just like the extreme posters Ive seen on other sites.

So Trump is the one weaponizing the anthem? I'd say the players are the ones doing that. Trump is weaponizing their kneeling/ disrespect during the anthem. You had it backwards.

So Trump is the one weaponizing the anthem? I'd say the players are the ones doing that. Trump is weaponizing their kneeling/ disrespect during the anthem. You had it backwards.

Fair point. The players are using the anthem to raise awareness for something. Trump is also using it. The difference is that the players are trying to help others while Trump is trying to benefit himself.

• Like 1

Seek first to understand then to be understood.

Both sides have some aspects of their opinion that are valid and some that are not. If you're so far from the middle that you can't see or refuse to see some validity in the others point of view, you need to reevaluate your perspective.

• Like 1

Both sides have some aspects of their opinion that are valid and some that are not. If you're so far from the middle that you can't see or refuse to see some validity in the others point of view, you need to reevaluate your perspective.

Well said.

Best post of 5 pages

So now disagreeing with someone's opinion is being an extremist. So when I say the obama was the prime instigator of the level of increase in racial divide we see today vs. 8 years ago, and someone disagrees, we are both extremists. Then so be it.

So now disagreeing with someone's opinion is being an extremist. So when I say the obama was the prime instigator of the level of increase in racial divide we see today vs. 8 years ago, and someone disagrees, we are both extremists. Then so be it.

It's not about disagreeing, it's about being able to see past you're point of view and see the other person's side. Our thoughts and opinions are formed based on the entirety of our life's experiences. On this topic it's vital to see how a person's different life experiences has brought them to form the opinion they have. Understanding why a person has a certain opinion is often more critical than the opinion itself.

Maybe I'm completely misconstruing the tone of this topic, but if people attempt to understand how a person comes to have a certain opinion, typically a level of respect for that persons opinion is formed, even if they disagree.

Their opinion might have some valid aspects (might), but it's their actions we're talking about. Their actions (kneeling) have none.

Their opinion might have some valid aspects (might), but it's their actions we're talking about. Their actions (kneeling) have none.

I disagree with their actions and the way they have chosen to express their opinion. If that's all people here are talking about then fine we can move on as just about everyone seems to have a similar opinion that they could have found a better way to express their view. But I don't believe that is the case as Trump, race relations and even the validity of a person's military service have been brought up.

I disagree with their actions and the way they have chosen to express their opinion. If that's all people here are talking about then fine we can move on as just about everyone seems to have a similar opinion that they could have found a better way to express their view. But I don't believe that is the case as Trump, race relations and even the validity of a person's military service have been brought up.

If, as they claim, it's not about the flag or the anthem and it's about police brutality, then go protest the police and leave the rest of the country out of it. But kneeling on someone else's time and dime is much easier.

But kneeling on someone else's time and dime is much easier.

see, i don't much care about that. that's just a management/labor relations issue, which is the cost of doing business.

all i care about is that the kneelers specifically, deliberately chose to show disrespect to the flag and national anthem. kneeling is nothing other than a ostentatious display of disrespect to those two things. IDGAF if the people doing that are black, white, purple, gay, straight, nonbinary, christian, muslim, of flying spaghetti monster--i absolutely, positively revile that behavior.

see, i don't much care about that. that's just a management/labor relations issue, which is the cost of doing business.

all i care about is that the kneelers specifically, deliberately chose to show disrespect to the flag and national anthem. kneeling is nothing other than a ostentatious display of disrespect to those two things. IDGAF if the people doing that are black, white, purple, gay, straight, nonbinary, christian, muslim, of flying spaghetti monster--i absolutely, positively revile that behavior.

This is what separates most people on this subject. How do you know they chose to disrespect the flag and anthem? Kaepernick chose to kneel after being told it would be more respectful to do so instead of sitting. You somehow interpret that as him disrespecting the flag, anthem and military. The players then try explaining to everyone that it's not their intention at all to disrespect the flag, anthem and military yet people like yourself still choose to be offended by it. To me it seems more like a problem with the people who are offended than it is a problem with players kneeling.

If the goal is to get the players to stop protesting the easiest way to do that would be to ignore the protests. They are barely visible on TV anyway and the league has had no requirement to stand at attention for the anthem. Going to war with the players union over this issue is only going to encourage more players to protest as an FU to the league. Toward the end of last year this issue had pretty much died down and it was a handful of players who were protesting, most not even kneeling anymore.

Trump knows that attacking the league is going to encourage more protesting. He does it anyway because its red meat to his base - they love this culture war stuff especially if the targets fit a certain demographic profile.

Sad that we have a president who deliberately pits Americans against each other for his own gain. That is the opposite of leadership and in the long run I think a lot more Americans would be on board with his agenda if he didnt play these games.

• Like 1

Just looking at this pragmatically, if the goal is to get the players to stop protesting the easiest way to do that would be to ignore the protests. They are barely visible on TV anyway and the league has had to requirement to stand at attention for the anthem. Going to war with the players union over this issue is only going to encourage more players to protest as an FU to the league. Toward the end of last year this issue had pretty much died down and it was a handful of players who were protesting, most not even kneeling anymore.

Trump knows that attacking the league is going to encourage more protesting. He does it anyway because its red meat to his base - they love this culture war stuff especially if the targets fit a certain demographic profile.

Sad that we have a president who deliberately puts Americans against each other for his own gain. That is the opposite of leadership and in the long run I think a lot of Americans would be on board with his presidency if he didnt play these games.

It seems extremely obvious too but some still don't care to accept it or are just oblivious to it.

Sad that we have a president who deliberately pits Americans against each other for his own gain. That is the opposite of leadership and in the long run I think a lot more Americans would be on board with his agenda if he didnt play these games.

Taking the political parties out of this country and just focusing on the ideas presented would do this country a lot of good. Blindly following each party is the downfall of our political system.

Taking the political parties out of this country and just focusing on the ideas presented would do this country a lot of good. Blindly following each party is the downfall of our political system.

I 100% agree.

Respect the flag, respect our national anthem, respect our country. Take your protest to city hall, where it belongs.

Respect the flag, respect our national anthem, respect our country. Take your protest to city hall, where it belongs.

No one is required to do so and forcing anyone to do so would be about the least American thing you can do. That's not Patriotism. You're also assuming that by kneeling a person is trying to disrespect the flag, anthem and military. That's your opinion.

Personally I found Trumps claim that McCain isnt a war hero because he got captured to be infinitely more disrespectful to the troops than standing with a fist in the air during the anthem. Same with taking cheap shots at Humayun Khans parents.

Keep that and his numerous draft deferments in mind when Trump lectures someone on patriotism.

• Like 3

No one is required to do so and forcing anyone to do so would be about the least American thing you can do. That's not Patriotism. You're also assuming that by kneeling a person is trying to disrespect the flag, anthem and military. That's your opinion.

What are they trying to do then? And they say they aren't, but the flag and anthem are symbols of respect and thanks for our country, are they not?

What are they trying to do then? And they say they aren't, but the flag and anthem are symbols of respect and thanks for our country, are they not?

This is what the flag symbolizes: The stripes represent the original 13 Colonies and the stars represent the 50 states of the Union. The colors of the flag are symbolic as well; red symbolizes hardiness and valor, white symbolizes purity and innocence, and blue represents vigilance, perseverance and justice.

The anthem is mostly about seeing the flag still waiving the following day after a battle in which Key thought we had lost. We don't even sing the entire song that Key wrote and conveniently leave out the part about slaves. Key himself owned slaves and had referred to them as an inferior race.

Just because the anthem means one thing to you does make it so to everyone else. For some the anthem and flag do not represent the America they want.

This is what the flag symbolizes: The stripes represent the original 13 Colonies and the stars represent the 50 states of the Union. The colors of the flag are symbolic as well; red symbolizes hardiness and valor, white symbolizes purity and innocence, and blue represents vigilance, perseverance and justice.

The anthem is mostly about seeing the flag still waiving the following day after a battle in which Key thought we had lost. We don't even sing the entire song that Key wrote and conveniently leave out the part about slaves. Key himself owned slaves and had referred to them as an inferior race.

Just because the anthem means one thing to you does make it so to everyone else. For some the anthem and flag do not represent the America they want.

No one gets the America they want. That's what we rebelled against. So, short of perfection, you advocate a perpetual state of protest. Good luck.

No one gets the America they want. That's what we rebelled against. So, short of perfection, you advocate a perpetual state of protest. Good luck.

People strive to have the America they want though. It's why we vote for certain people. It's why we protest. It's why we have laws. If no one cared to have an America they wanted then what the hell is the point?

Seems to me that the people who are not affected by much and are happy now think everything is just great and no changes should be made. It's not the same for everyone though. White America is very happy with the status quo and do not want it to go away.

People strive to have the America they want though. It's why we vote for certain people. It's why we protest. It's why we have laws. If no one cared to have an America they wanted then what the hell is the point?

Seems to me that the people who are not affected by much and are happy now think everything is just great and no changes should be made. It's not the same for everyone though. White America is very happy with the status quo and do not want it to go away.

Yeah, we need to be like non-white America more. Like Detroit and Baltimore. Where do I sign up?

Yeah, we need to be like non-white America more. Like Detroit and Baltimore. Where do I sign up?

Wow! Showing your true colors I see. I'm not even going to get into that one with you as it's just going to cause problems.

Wow! Showing your true colors I see. I'm not even going to get into that one with you as it's just going to cause problems.

You're the one that brought race into it.

You're the one that brought race into it.

Like I said, I don't want to go too far down that road. It's not a good place to be.