Sign in to follow this  
enjoi525

would you trade....

Droughns and Dunn for Steven Jackson  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade my Droughns and Dunn for Steven Jackson

• Yes
    • No

I am thinking about trading Rueben Droughns and Warrick Dunn for Steven Jackson. I already have great RBs in Clinton Portis and Ronnie Brown. My backups are Droughns, Dunn, and Benson. Would you make this move now or keep them as great depth and possibly trade later when someone's RBs go down?

Do you start 2 or 3 RB?

I would make the trade regardless of whether you start 2 or 3 backs. Jackson is preferred over Dunn or Droughns as a starter or a fill in. In fact, if you start 2 RB, I would much rather choose between Jackson, Brown, and Portis based on matchups. Jackson may be a better bet to start over Ronnie because STL has the quality WRs so that defenses won't stack the box and they do not use a TE like Miami does, which may offer Jackson some more touches. Miami does not have the WR that STL does, so this may allow defenses to plan more for the run. Plus, Culpepper is more inclined to rush than Bulger, even despite his knee, which may take a minimal amount of touches from Brown.

Benson should serve well as a servicible bye week fill in, but would be your only backup if you start 3. It seems that you start 2 RBs though.

Another thing I hadn't considered was that both Brown and Portis have the same bye week (8). Both Droughns and Dunn will be available in week 8 and they will be playing NYJ and Cin respectively. Jackson will be playing SD in week 8 so that is something to consider. Also, Benson will be playing SF in week 8.

The concensus was clear, so I offered the trade. I just hope the guy accepts. If not I'll pry throw in some receiver and see if that can win him over.

if you had asked me about 2 weeks ago i might not have agreed with that trade cuz a) i am not a huge jackson fan and B) before bentley went down, i thought droughns had the potential to be pretty solid this year. however, i have to say if you can trade dunn and droughns for jackson and pick up gore on waivers you will be set. i think gore has the potential to crack the top 15 in rb's next year, so he could provide you with some great depth or at least be trade bait later in the year.