Sign in to follow this  
fixedrate

Would it really be a bad move to draft Rudi Johnson

I am drafting 7th in our re-draft league from what I am hearing from the others in front of me, there will be a good chance that Portis or Edge will fall to me. I have been looking at Rudi because of his durability, team and last year stats. I am not that hot on edge because he seems to always let you down when you need him and normally misses some time because of seem tacky injury and Edge with a new team is not that stable either. Would it be bad to go Rudi over either one of them??

In short, yes! If you're picking 7th and can take Portis, do it. Pull the trigger, and laugh at the guys picking 4th, 5th, and 6th while Portis gives you 1,400 yds and 10 TD's in Al Saunders new offense. I can see passing on Edge, but for goodness sake man, take Portis and hope they keep letting top players pass them by.

If you can get Portis at 7, jump all over it. He's poised for a big year with all the changes that have gone on in DC...no need to rehash them all. Johnson is likely to face some stout defenses early in the season while Palmer gets back on track. Still questions in Cincy and Portis is a no-brainer #4 pick and should be instantly taken at #7. Top RB of the season....just a hunch.

I am assuming it is a 8 team league. Even so, if Portis is there, you take him and silently give yourself a "Go Team!" cheer.

Rudi Johnson will prob be MORE involved in the offense this year BUT if Palmer is out, he should see some stiff front lines. AND Cincinatti prob plays against the toughest or second toughest run defense scheduele in the league next year.

Edge has no breakaway speed, not good in short yardage situations and wore down considerably last season: 3.3yds/carry after week 13.

Quoting the Gut Check:

The Redskins star has a number of things going for him:

* Consistently high production that doesn’t surpass the f-carry threshold that constitutes a heavy workload.

* Al Saunders taking over the offensive scheme his track record for getting huge years out of Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes.

* Portis is still on the ascent in terms of his athletic prime.

* A strong defense under Greg Williams who coached defenses in Tennessee and Buffalo during the prime of Eddie George’s career.

* A run-blocking scheme more suited to Portis natural talents as a runner.

When you combine these factors with Portis having one of the strongest second half fantasy point differentials in recent history, it’s difficult not to like his prospects for a big 2006.

With the #7 pick fixedrate selects. . .Clinton Portis of the Washington Redskins.

If you can get Portis at 7, jump all over it. He's poised for a big year with all the changes that have gone on in DC...no need to rehash them all. Johnson is likely to face some stout defenses early in the season while Palmer gets back on track. Still questions in Cincy and Portis is a no-brainer #4 pick and should be instantly taken at #7. Top RB of the season....just a hunch.

If you pick Rudi over Portis, you have no business playing fantasy football. Portis has everything going for him this year and Rudi is, and will never be, the center of the Bengals offense. Not as long as Palmer, TJ and Chad Johnson are there.