Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Other than America what foreign country would you live in

I know most of us here love America. But what other country in the world would you not mind living in? Japan? China? Italy? France?

Would love to live anywhere in western Europe. Primarily Paris or London. Those are most likely the only places my wife would agree to. But id be open to Japan, Australia, or any Scandanavian countries, as well.

Getting dumped and making a run for it? Best of luck man.

Wtf are you even talking about?

Probably Switzerland.

Higher Per Capita income than the US. One of best rated countries for standard of living. Beautiful babes, lots of nature, cheese with holes and good chocolate. Sounds pretty chill.

• Like 1

Been around most of the world. The majority of the worlds countries are uninhabitable shitholes. Canada comes the closest to America. They have baseball and a goofy brand of football. And top notch strip clubs. Not a fan of the "bacon", but I guess there. Plus they speak English. I'm not learning any click-clack or aye coramba or sing-sow nonsense at this point.

• Like 1

Been around most of the world. The majority of the worlds countries are uninhabitable shitholes. Canada comes the closest to America. They have baseball and a goofy brand of football. And top notch strip clubs. Not a fan of the "bacon", but I guess there. Plus they speak English. I'm not learning any click-clack or aye coramba or sing-sow nonsense at this point.

:lol: :lol:

HT, bringing the laughs. It's what he does. :thumbsup:

I'd give most of them a chance if the price was right.

Ones that I absolutely would not under any circumstances?

Assorted Arab sh!tholes (Syria, iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Libya, Afghanistan, any other istan, yemen)

North Korea

Mongolia (it's boring and cold as fock)

Venezuela

Nigeria

Haiti

Most all of subsaharan africa

Myanmar

The rest, I'd probably be willing to give it a go, under the right circumstances.

Haven't been out of the U.S. that much and don't have much desire to live in any of those dumb ass European countries that are going to be ISIS havens in another decade, but I did to to Australia for a few weeks and really loved it. Could see myself living on the water in Sydney. Of course, Australia might as well be America. Other than driving on the wrong side of the road it was pretty much like being here. But, I'm not gonna start liking soccer or cricket so that's a problem. Guess I'll just stay here.

Id love to live in Sweden or Switzerland or one of those places. They are notoriously the best places to live. That or the UK is about the only places Id even go. Canada too, some places in Europe, thats it. Rest of the world is just shitholes and crime ridden toilets surrounded by majestic beauty. Just avoid places where there are a lot of people with dark skin and you are good to go, but it will be expensive.

South America hell no, Mexico no, Africa HELLL no, Australia no too many things trying to kill you, India lol no, Russia hell no, China hell no. Japan, I could do japan, they are cool.

Poland and it's not even close. They told U.N. to fock off with taking Radical Refugees and I'd be the only one there that could change a light bulb by myself. Huge employment potential.

• Like 1

Switzerland

Austria

Germany

Italy

France

Spain

parts of mexico, south america, caribbean

Haven't been out of the U.S. that much and don't have much desire to live in any of those dumb ass European countries that are going to be ISIS havens in another decade, but I did to to Australia for a few weeks and really loved it. Could see myself living on the water in Sydney. Of course, Australia might as well be America. Other than driving on the wrong side of the road it was pretty much like being here. But, I'm not gonna start liking soccer or cricket so that's a problem. Guess I'll just stay here.

Of the places I've been I probably would move to Sydney as well. Don't forget rugby and Australian-rules football. :thumbsup:

I'm not moving anywhere super cold, so that rules out places like Scandinavia. I got to visit places like Sweden and Finland in January, no thanks.

I haven't been to South/Central America but if I'm retired and chillin, I hear good things about Costa Rica.

California's a different country, isn't it? :unsure:

• Like 2

Canada. I would start a one man campaign to end their stupidity once and for all. Milk does not go in bags.

I'd live in Italy again in a heartbeat.

Scotland

Ireland

Australia

Almost every European country.

• Like 1

Canada. I would start a one man campaign to end their stupidity once and for all. Milk does not go in bags.

:huh:

Are you talking small bags or the food service sized bags every school cafeteria uses?

Australia

Canada

Spain

Costa Rica

Belgium

Norway

Sweden

New Zealand

Germany

Bolded the ones I've already visited.

WTF is that? :blink:

right. No really wtf do you want me to do with this . How do you cap this? Ohhh you cut the corner and put it in a pouring container? Well that's just the dumbest focking thing I ever heard of.

Australia

Canada

Spain

Costa Rica

Belgium

Norway

Sweden

New Zealand

Germany

Bolded the ones I've already visited.

You like the white countries I see. Costa Rica being the outlier.

If I have to consider work, Sydney is kinda meh for electronic design SW, although a husband of a friend (34B) has done some consulting there for some military stuff so I don't know the details. Biggest non-US countries are India, China. Nope nope. Israel? Nope. UK probably makes the most sense as a lot of tech comes out of the Cambridge area (also I worked for a company based in Bristol on the west side of the UK). But it's cold. Same for Germany which is the HQ for my parent company.

I have two customers with design centers in Buenos Aires, and now that I think of it, one with a SW development site in Costa Rica. Hmm...

I hear Morroco is a splendid place for hiking trails.

California's a different country, isn't it? :unsure:

Yes, as the 5th biggest economy in the world pretty much its own country yea. Rest of the USA could disappear and Cali would barely flinch. If Cali disappears there is no USA.