Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Group that created Russian bots for Moore election wrote the Senate Report on Russian.....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cyber-group-touted-by-dems-for-bombshell-russia-report-was-behind-disinformation-efforts-in-alabama-senate-race

A cybersecurity company that participated in a disinformation campaign against a Republican candidate in the Alabama Senate race reportedly penned a Senate report touted as a “bombshell” about Russian social media operations in the 2016 presidential election.

So another narrative of the Left kicks the oxygen habit. How long before it's found that the Dems were the ones that created the Russian bots in 2016?

• Like 1

Ok here's my quick take on Russian bots. So what. We as a collective should be ashamed that we can be influenced by social media. The fact that Russia tried this, or may have tried this, isnt earth shattering. People who let Facebook influence their election decisions should quit life

Ok here's my quick take on Russian bots. So what. We as a collective should be ashamed that we can be influenced by social media. The fact that Russia tried this, or may have tried this, isnt earth shattering. People who let Facebook influence their election decisions should quit life

It's hilarious that just days ago the Senate released the report on how serious it was then the very group they had pen the report was guilty of the same thing (if not the 2016 garbage)

On a personal level, I agree with you. Most of what Ive read about the Russians doing, some of which I actually had friends sharing on Facebook, seemed so obvious that I dont know how anyone with a decent amount of common sense fell for it.

But what Ive come to realize is....common sense isnt quite as common as Id like to believe.

From what I saw on my Facebook feed, older people seemed to fall for it more often. It was usually my friends parents that would see a story stating something like Hillary had dementia with quotes from her doctor saying she had less than a year to live, and theyd share them and comment their concern about what electing her would mean.

These are good people that I know to have a fair amount of common sense in everyday life, but they obviously didnt grow up with the internet and probably didnt even discover it until they were well past the point of immersing themselves in such a new and vast technology.

Now that is just what I witnessed, but Im sure we can cut across all groups and the bottom 5% (or whatever) can be had quit easily.

So yes, my instinct is to agree with you and think SO WHAT? But when I think it through intellectually, we shouldnt be fine with a segment of our population being victimized or used just because we personally would never fall for it or because they were used in a way that created a result that we favored. For when we speak of slipper slopes, being ok with people being victimized, but only in instances when we like the result, well thats the slipperiest of slopes I can come up with.