Walking Dead

Street Outlaws

Restoration Garage

Sopranos

Rescue Me

Cheers

Fast And Loud

South Park

Love Rescue Me. One of the best written shows on standard cable.

Sopranos

Rescue Me

Cheers

Fast And Loud

South Park

Love Rescue Me. One of the best written shows on standard cable.

Rescue Me was high quality tv. Lots of alchys for you to identify with too.

Rescue Me was high quality tv. Lots of alchys for you to identify with too.

Not the main reason. Great writing. Great acting and character driven story lines. Do I relate to Learhys character? Yup. Writing....yup. Attitude after where the story starts? Yup.

I related. Not the same on any level, but I understood. Disaster, emotional anger, stress on the family, helplessness while trying to make life corrections and being an extremely flawed human being with good intentions.

I got it. And was connected to it. Great show.

That was a great show.

Were all fatality flawed. Fun to watch a noble lovable hero find something where there isn't, in their mind when trying not to die a miserable existence surrounded by those who do not understand.

Rescue Me is one that I'd like to check out myself. For whatever reason was never able to watch more than a couple episodes in a row.

Pretty fun one to go back and watch is Boston Legal. Denny Crane! Really solid writing. And it's interesting to listen to a lot of the political commentary. They pretty much nailed the whole Iraq war b*******. Back when it wasn't PC or acceptable to do so.

But sadly, a lot of this stuff could be taken from any TV show today. For example, the whole gun debate.

Still, the writing is really sharp and I've always had a thing for the chick from Modern Family, Julie Bowen.

Rescue Me is one that I'd like to check out myself. For whatever reason was never able to watch more than a couple episodes in a row.

Pretty fun one to go back and watch is Boston Legal. Denny Crane! Really solid writing. And it's interesting to listen to a lot of the political commentary. They pretty much nailed the whole Iraq war b*******. Back when it wasn't PC or acceptable to do so.

But sadly, a lot of this stuff could be taken from any TV show today. For example, the whole gun debate.

Still, the writing is really sharp and I've always had a thing for the chick from Modern Family, Julie Bowen.

Meh, Im a liberal, and even I found Boston legal (and the rest of David e Kelleys work) to be a bit preachy.

I like ally Mcbeal better than Boston legal actually. Some funny characters in that show.

Rescue Me is a great show..Especially the first 3 seasons or so. Another great FX series was Nip/Tuck. Also for the first 3 seasons or so, it kinda lost it after that.

Six Feet Under was excellent and to this day I say it had the best series finale episode ever.

You guys should all check out Documentary Now! on Netflix, it is pretty funny and binge watchable.

I recommend these episodes (you don't have to watch in order each episode is completely different than the last with different characters):

Kunuk Uncovered

Gentle and Soft: The Story of The Blue Jean Committee

The Bunker

Mr. Runner Up

Someone recommended Shameless.

I'll prolly watch that next.

:doublethumbsup:

Someone recommended Shameless.

I'll prolly watch that next.

:doublethumbsup:

Definitely a good show. Can't go wrong with all the nudity. Fiona gives me a case of happy :banana:

Agree with a lot of the suggestions here. Go back and watch The Shield. That and Sopranos were my favorite shows back in the early 2000's. Back then there was nothing like either of them on TV.

Godless is a new 7 episode season one on Netflix; stars Jeff Daniels. Watched them all over about a week. Not the best I've seen, but pretty damned good.

Lost

GTFOOH!

Tried watching it, twice since it came out way back.

Can't even get through the 1st episode

GTFOOH!

Tried watching it, twice since it came out way back.

Can't even get through the 1st episode

Agreed.

Patriots 3 games to glory seasons 1 through 5.

I hear season 6 and 7 will be great also.

Major plot twist between 3 and 4.

Godless is a new 7 episode season one on Netflix; stars Jeff Daniels. Watched them all over about a week. Not the best I've seen, but pretty damned good.

two episodes in and I'm digging it. Kind of a mix of Deadwood (without the humor) and the unforgiven maybe a couple other westerns. Was a little wary of the premise of who was left in the town but actually not that bad, so far anyway.
  • Like 1

Fargo. 3 Seasons, each season is its own story, 10 episodes per. Season 1 has Billy Bob and Colin Hanks, excellent. Season 2 is Martin Freeman, Kirsten Dunst and Todd from Breaking Bad, also excellent, Season 3 is Ewan Macgregor and David Thewlis, very good.

• Like 1

two episodes in and I'm digging it. Kind of a mix of Deadwood (without the humor) and the unforgiven maybe a couple other westerns. Was a little wary of the premise of who was left in the town but actually not that bad, so far anyway.

Is it about cowgirls ?

Agree with Mensa, it's good but not great.

I don't know about it's binge availability but 'The Long Road Home' is a show playing on Nat Geo right now and it is great. :thumbsup:

Best show would be (insert show with themes you like), that one is awesome. I’d stay away from (insert show about themes you don’t care for).. A show I loved was (insert show with themes I love), and you are stupid if you liked (insert show with themes I hate).

the old Looney Tune Cartoons

I could sit down and binge watch those for hours - remember the good old days of being a kid.

I could sit down and binge watch those for hours - remember the good old days of being a kid.

My sons watch these in the car when were on road trips. Theyre so much funnier than any current kids cartoon.

Fargo. 3 Seasons, each season is its own story, 10 episodes per. Season 1 has Billy Bob and Colin Hanks, excellent. Season 2 is Martin Freeman, Kirsten Dunst and Todd from Breaking Bad, also excellent, Season 3 is Ewan Macgregor and David Thewlis, very good.

2 > 3 > 1

2 > 3 > 1

The show has kept such a high level of excellence that any order could be argued. It’s really that good and well made.

The show has kept such a high level of excellence that any order could be argued. Its really that good and well made.

Agreed. One of the best ever.

Only shows I can remember binging:

The Killing

1st season House of Cards

Peaky Blinders

Hart of Dixie

Stranger Things

While I love Stranger Things because of a vague sense of nostalgia and the colorful suspense, The Killing was the most compelling, really did not matter what I had to do the next day. Too intense.

I Loved the first season of 'the killing'. Hard to maintain that for several reasons. Overall, great show though.

Just started watching "Dark" on Netflix. It's German so watch with subtitles as dubbing blows. Very cool so far. Has a Donnie Darko type vibe.