Sign in to follow this  
Flyfreak

who's afraid of richard sherman

apparently all of the qb's, these numbers are focking nuts

According to a study done by Football Perspective, Richard Sherman was the least targeted cornerback in the NFL last season.

The ball was thrown in his direction 65 times on 552 passing plays, 25.5 fewer times than the average corner. This confirms Sherman is still the most feared corner in football. Even the eventual MVP Aaron Rodgers stayed clear of Sherman, avoiding him completely in a Week 1 loss. The Legion of Boom may have lost Byron Maxwell but as long as Sherman is around, the Seahawks should still have one of the league's most potent secondaries.
Source: Boston Globe

I don't know... in the modern NFL you have enough weapons that you don't have to go at the defense's best skill player... These numbers are more a reflection of the make up of the entire seahawks defense in my opinion.

jdon

I don't know... in the modern NFL you have enough weapons that you don't have to go at the defense's best skill player... These numbers are more a reflection of the make up of the entire seahawks defense in my opinion.

jdon

i guess i'd like to see sherman's numbers side by side with all of the other teams top cornerback

65/552 is focking insane

• Like 1

Of course you wouldn't WANT to throw it towards a teams best player. I wouldn't. However every player makes a mistake and Sherman himself can. Not many, but he will still make them.

So he only sees about 1.5 less attempts per game than the average corner? Its hard to really put that in perspective because it's not a stat I'm familiar with, but that seems underwhelming.

Until he's willing to shadow the other teams best WR and not just play his side he'll never be the unquestioned man. Sorry.

• Like 1

They way they play Sherman seems to work for thee team , why would they change that ?

They way they play Sherman seems to work for thee team , why would they change that ?

We will see this year how well Maxwell is replaced. If the corners on that side of the ball struggle to maintain the #1 WR of opposing offenses repeatedly then that would be a likely adjustment.

Oh, and a female reporter did not seem too afraid of Sherman right after they won the Super Bowl.

I wish he was afraid of his ego.

We will see this year how well Maxwell is replaced. If the corners on that side of the ball struggle to maintain the #1 WR of opposing offenses repeatedly then that would be a likely adjustment.

Oh, and a female reporter did not seem too afraid of Sherman right after they won the Super Bowl.

stats don't lie, he's the best ever

Like I said seems to work the way they play him , I'm sure if they need to change it they will . They know the game and especially their own team . Ego is feed to these guys from a very young age , get them fired up . It does not just come from the players themselves, the teams they have been involved in since they where young started feeding their egos long before the NFL .

Like I said seems to work the way they play him , I'm sure if they need to change it they will . They know the game and especially their own team . Ego is feed to these guys from a very young age , get them fired up . It does not just come from the players themselves, the teams they have been involved in since they where young started feeding their egos long before the NFL .

by definition, ego does come from the self.

yes their ego is fed, but a balanced ego keeps it in check like most athletes.

I agree like I said ego does not just start with the player . It also is feed from the coaches fans other players his or her family .

I agree like I said ego does not just start with the player . It also is feed from the coaches fans other players his or her family .

what professional athlete doesn't have an ego? they're a small minority of men doing something millions of us regular joes wish we could be doing

what professional athlete doesn't have an ego? they're a small minority of men doing something millions of us regular joes wish we could be doing

Everyone has a ego . Not just football players. And I don't wish to be doing what they do very happy with what the Lord has already given me very .

Everyone has a ego . Not just football players. And I don't wish to be doing what they do very happy with what the Lord has already given me very .

man, that's some ego you have :doh:

• Like 1

man, that's some ego you have :doh:

I have a big ego , that's why I need Jesus to humble me . Only the perfect don't thank they need Jesus .

I have a big ego , that's why I need Jesus to humble me . Only the perfect don't thank they need Jesus .

everyone needs jesus, especially deion sanders

• Like 1

everyone needs jesus, especially deion sanders[/quote

It's Jesus , and yes everyone does need him but not everyone will be called to Jesus. It's sad because the end will be awful . I don't know Deion Sanders heart so he is not for me to judge .

I may be in the minority, but I think Chris Harris Jr. for the Broncos is just as good, if not better, than Richard Sherman