Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

How’s your blood pressure?

Hummingbirds have the world's highest resting blood pressure rate.

You don't see them dropping dead right and left to you?

Depends if they do a header into my glass door wall. :dunno:

Probably his psych meds. Isn't every kid on them now? And Shonuff.

Im 29. So yeah I suppose a kid to you old man.

As fot Pen's question....my old doctor may have been a quack. Tell me if this is normal. I was 20 walking around campus. I wouldnt go to a nurse for anything. But i felt dizzy to thr point I thought I may pass out. So I go in and my BP was 180/110. She asks if I had some big exam or was nervous about anything and I said nope just a regular day of classes. So I go to my doctor shortly after and it is still in that range.

He basically tells me I should be put on a very low dose BP med and I will probably have to go on it for the rest of my life. I thought it was weird but was 20 years old and probably just wanted to get out of there.

So I have taken low dose bp meds since 20.

Never been obese.

Im 29. So yeah I suppose a kid to you old man.

As fot Pen's question....my old doctor may have been a quack. Tell me if this is normal. I was 20 walking around campus. I wouldnt go to a nurse for anything. But i felt dizzy to thr point I thought I may pass out. So I go in and my BP was 180/110. She asks if I had some big exam or was nervous about anything and I said nope just a regular day of classes. So I go to my doctor shortly after and it is still in that range.

He basically tells me I should be put on a very low dose BP med and I will probably have to go on it for the rest of my life. I thought it was weird but was 20 years old and probably just wanted to get out of there.

So I have taken low dose bp meds since 20.

Never been obese.

At your age you probably should have been tested for secondary causes of high blood pressure - assuming you aren't using stimulants, prescribed or otherwise. The testing includes a good physical exam, panel of blood tests, and possibly imaging of your kidneys.

Does high BP run in your family? Did your BP respond to the medication?

Your BP ain't gonna protect you from cancer, or the effects of high cholesterol.

Solid advice Doc

High BP in the family, A-fib and other heart issues in the family.

My BP has been slightly high since I was in my late 20s.

On a small does of medication that keeps things in check for the most part.

Had to cut down in my caffeine intake the last few years. Now when I make coffee I go half decaf as I enjoy having a good 3 cups and if I go full bore that isnt good.

I don't remember what it was last time I had it checked but I've always been told I'm on the low edge of normal. There are some medications I can't take because it will tank my bp.

Mine is high. So much so that when I lay down on my back at night, I can actually hear blood rushing through my ears. It's a weird sound. But apparently not a good one. At least from what I've read. But then again, IDGAF.

I hope someone is there to hold you and put it back in if it starts to leak out.

• Like 1

Mine is high. So much so that when I lay down on my back at night, I can actually hear blood rushing through my ears. It's a weird sound. But apparently not a good one. At least from what I've read. But then again, IDGAF.

Can you feel the roto-rooter effect?

About 190/100 or so before I started popping lisinopril. Now it's normal.

At your age you probably should have been tested for secondary causes of high blood pressure - assuming you aren't using stimulants, prescribed or otherwise. The testing includes a good physical exam, panel of blood tests, and possibly imaging of your kidneys.

Does high BP run in your family? Did your BP respond to the medication?

Yeah it runs in one side of my family. The meds seemed to do the trick. Anytime I check it it is always between 110-120 and 70-80. I can feel it a bit if I forget my pill. I would have asked a bunch more questions if this happened when I was a little older.

I've always been told I'm on the low edge of normal.

How's your blood pressure?

• Like 2

Sitting at my physical tbis very second. 124/82

Ha I posted from my doc office yesterday. 124/80

:cheers:

Told me I had bloody gums and my breath smells like shiit.

wb newbs