Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

What are your biggest FF mistakes this season, and what's your record?

Dropped 2 games in a row, still doing ok at 6-2, however there is now a 5 way tie in my league, as all the top teams are 6-2. Very competitive this year.

1. Drafting Montee Ball in the second round. I reached, I fell for the hype and I loaded up on Denver. I figured even if he only got 1000 yards and 8-10 TD's he was a safe pick. Go figure, terrible choice when there were a lot better and more productive backs on the table. Dropped him.

2. Drafted Vernon Davis in R4. Huge reach, I cringed immediately after the pick, I knew it was bad. He had a couple of good games early on, but I've dumped him and moved on.

3. Lamar Miller. Drafted him late in my draft as a safe backup RB pick. I have no idea why, but I pulled the trigger and dropped him in week 2 for Chris Ivory. Miller was definitely worth holding onto, especially with the injury to Moreno.

4. Ronnie Hillman - I could have had him off the WW, but I got greedy and went for Andre Williams instead, and figured I would get Hillman the next day, but someone else scooped me. Huge mistake, as a Ball owner, I should have handcuffed Hillman at all costs.

5. Mohamed Sanu - sat on my ww forever, and I could have grabbed him on multiple occasions. Instead I hung onto scrubs like Dwayne Bowe, Jordan Matthews, and Larry Donnell...

6. New England and Chicago D/ST Drafted Chicago before NE, based on projections, and figured NE was a safe backup in a historically weak division. Both have been close to total busts imo. Now I'm reduced to streaming D/ST matchups.

Drafting Gerhart in 3 of my 4 leagues. It didn't kill me, but I was counting on him to be a strong insurance policy.

Not trading Fred Jackson the week before he got hurt.

Not trading Steve Smith while his value was through the roof.

I've been fortunate, though. 6-2, 5-2-1, 5-3, and 4-4

Well I drafted Ray Rice. I misread a Filthy Fernandez post on here one time and banished myself for a few days. I picked up Tre Mason 2 weeks ago. I picked up McNanus as my kicker.

• Like 1

Drafting ball over demarco

Drafting V jax as #1 WR

Wasting a pick on Toby G as what i thought was adding some nice depth

Dropping forsett around week 2 ish

Banking on ertz/reed over safer pick olsen

3-5

Oh I'm 5-3 in a 10 team 4 way tie for 2nd going up against guy in first. I might utilize A Little Help! with all these byes.

Toby gerhardt and Zac Stacy make me hate them...

I went zero RB in all four of my leagues...

meaning I took oakland running backs... yuck.

5-3, 4-4, 4-4, 4-4

I am jacks middle of the road... my 5-3 team is very good and has finished 1/2 in scoring five times already....

3-5 - Gerhart, Keenan Allen, Ray Rice.

My team looks much better now with adding Ingram, Hillman and LaFell. Hole may be too deep to get out of but maybe when Gordon is back I can win some of our weekly high score prizes.

Grabbing C-Patt in 3 leagues plus the IBL. Although, it hasn't hurt me too bad in most leagues.

IBL 35-21 (7 games per week) (cpatt)

6-2 (cpatt)

4-4 (cpatt)

4-4

4-4

4-4

2-6 (cpatt)

.... yeah. been an average year mostly. My 2-6 team has Lacy, Marshall, Gronk, Maclin, Patterson, Cutler/Kaep, Forsett.... lacy and marshall have under performed but that team is better than 2-6

As for all the 4-4 teams, proper start/sit decisions would have all those teams above .500 easily. It's been a bad year for me in terms of playing the right QB and some fringe RB2/flex decisions.

Drafted ball end of 1st round. Traded him for d. Thomas week 4, saved my season

Dropped forsett

Didn't sign sanu

Went for Oliver over hillman

Drafted spiller again. I fall for that one every year

I'm 5-3.

Drafted Chris Johnson, Hyde, and Manziel. It's a reach when you're in a 14 team league.

Traded Big Ben to my opponent (who was at the bottom of the league) last week right before he decided to throw up 500+ and 6 TDs.

5-3. Good for 5th. I'm still in it.

Drafted AP, Stacy, R Jennings, Rice, Pierce, and Gordon.

P/up and dropped Forsett and McKinnon.

Kept Gordon, won't make the playoffs

2-6

Believing in Gerhart as a low-end 2 or viable 3 and that the NFL would stand by their 2-game suspension of R Rice, my expected 3-4.

This was the case for most of my 4 leagues.

But big hits with Forte, Murray, Maclin, J Nelson, and A Brown across these leagues leaves me at 26-6 after my first 2-loss weekend in week 8.

6-2. One loss was because all my Broncos and Cards were on a bye.

The other loss was by 4 points - had a chance to pick up the Green Bay D that Thursday night game against Ponder,didn't pull the trigger. Still kicking myself for that.

Getting Miami this past weekend helped ease the pain. Nullified my opponent having an insane day from Gronk.

Thank god for Demarco this season.

Ended up with Brady in two of my 4 leagues. Hated it. After 4 weeks of suckage I said fock it and just dropped him; in one for Flacco (kept Palmer even though he had some bizarro nerve thing and may never have thrown again), and in the other, for Hoyer. That's right, I dropped Brady for Hoyer. In that league I went from 4-0 to 4-4. Not that Brady helped me much with the 4-0 part, but he would have helped a bit since then.

Actually what I hate most was taking Asiata over McKinnon in my deep keeper league. I know better than that. :wall:

oh, i can add not adding Sanu in 2 leagues where i owned Marvin Jones. I got him in the IBL but not in 2 others where he really could have helped me win an extra game or 2. (i think FBN beat me to the punch both times)

-Drafted AP, traded him the night OF when the story broke, so got decent return on him. 6-2.

-Reggie Bush in the 4th. Bishop Sankey in the 5th. I guess drafting backups for fantasy starters isn't smart? Whoops. 3-5.

-Lacy in the 1st, VJax in the 3rd, Harvin in the 4th, Torrey Smith in the 5th. 4-4.

I'm 5-3 in one league but I have the most points scored. All 3 losses could have been avoided if I lined up the right defense. This has been the most frustrating year for me as far as lining up DSTs.

Lessee:

Traded VJax for Griffin, he gets hurt on first series.

Traded Wallace for Ball - got hurt after 1 half

Traded for Tate - Mack gets hurt, CLE run game goes south

Traded away Lacy - he blows up vs Saints as I'm watching. - This one is killing me now that I look more closely at the schedule. He always has that potential for a matchup killing 12/60/0 nothing performance though, even against a poor defense, so not sure.

Money league:

Stacy - Round 3

J. Bell - Round 6

PT - Round 8

Drafted Gates and dropped him prior to his resurgence. :cry:

Work league:

Stafford - Round 4

Cameron - Round 6

Picked up Gates off WW then dropped during his week 3 & 4 suckage. :cry:

1.13 of a 14 team league.

Drafted Doug Martin and left Murray who went next.

I am 7 and 1 though.

Drafted Colston early in several leagues--like 5th round early--and leaned on both him and Keenan Allen a few weeks too many before replacing them. I also picked up Travis Kelce but dropped him just as he was starting to break out, and in that league I've yet to get more than 8 points a week from any TE. My single biggest error was drafting Devonta Freeman one pick ahead of Kelvin Benjamin, in part because I thought I was set at WR with Colston and Allen.

Fortunately, good waiver moves and strong RBs have helped me. I'm 5-3 in three leagues, and 4-4 in my big crazy 18-team IDP league.

Lacy "fell" to me at #7 (since he was typically going 5th in most drafts). I hadn't given him any thought before the draft because I didn't expect him to be there. When he was I had to make a rash decision and took him. He has had the couple of good games but in general he's hurt me more than helped. I'm 4-4. Taking Reggie Bush with my second pick was not the wisest move either.

Passing up on Arian Foster twice for Doug Martin and Rashad Jennings. 3-5

everyone passed on Arian Foster, more than once for most people.

In my big money PPR league, I drafted 11th and went WR/WR to start, which has been fine, but then I took Doug Martin in the 3rd and Toby in the 6th after grabbing Gronk in the 4th and Michael Floyd in the 5th. Martin and Gerhart as my top 2 RBs was the suck, even though I thought I got decent value where I drafted them. Luckily I was able to get Bradshaw as a FA after week 1, and I picked up Ingram after he was dropped when he got hurt, and I held him. So I kinda fixed those two mistakes

Biggest mistake though was a trade I made early on, where I traded away Ertz for Hilton, which sounds like a great trade for me...except that I immediately shipped Hilton off for Cutler. :doh:

Still 7-1 though...

Drafting Brady, then trading Brady literally the week before he started going off. With Charles and Graham also having injury issues....2-6.

everyone passed on Arian Foster, more than once for most people.

I passed on him because he was a vegan, I only draft carnivores.

Then I heard he started eating bacon and I was :wall:

Nothing wrong I'm perfect damn it! But, I haven't won a game.. :shocking: Honestly though, my mistakes in my 2 QB starts were getting stuck with Sam Bradford, Josh McCown, and Geno Smith at QB in my Auction. Drafting Chris Johnson in the 10th round in a keeper league, Sankey in the 6th.

Not starting the right people every week has been the most difficult thing I've had to deal with ever since being a FF rookie. I think, I have Brandin Cooks in all my $ leagues, at least 2 for sure and of course he was on the bench with his 27 P.P.R. points against Green Bay.

Starting Dez, Demaryius, and Julio is hard to complain with in one keeper though.

Records are 12-4 in my best keeper, 9-7 in my other, and 6-10 in auction.

Taking Spiller ($15), Doug Martin (4th), Kyle Rudolph ($1) in auction also, mistakes.

Due to not paying enough attention during my auction draft, ended up with Pierre Thomas and DeAngelo Williams as my RB2 and RB3. :cry:

Picked up Gordon prior to Week 1, but dropped Hopkins for him (Welker would have been the much better drop). Wasted a move picking up Royal, should have known better.

Luckily, I picked up Bradshaw / McKinnon / Sankey early to get a decent RB core, now at 6-2.

4-4

Annually try to have a Rutgers guy on my team and waited a round too long on Sanu.

Too much faith in Stafford; should have done a better job at QB2

Allowing Carlos Hyde to waste a roster spot all year waiting for Gore's leg to finally fall off

6-2, lost a game to the leagues top undefeated team cuz I started Austin instead of flacco when he had 10tds in one game. I had specifically picked up Flacco to play him but was talked into Davis. I would have won by 3 points. Other than that im happy with my draft despite taking Calvin.

4-3-1

Toby Gerhart and Doug Martin.

Didn't want either of them... but they were there sooooooo late... one has to pan out as a RB2, right?

:mad:

Taking Calvin Johnson and Jimmy Graham at the turn due to my refusal to draft Cowboys players (only because I'm such a die hard fan I couldn't bear to ever speak ill of Bryant or Murray).

4-3-1

Toby Gerhart and Doug Martin.

Didn't want either of them... but they were there sooooooo late... one has to pan out as a RB2, right?

:mad:

It's funny Gerhart and Martin were both on my do not draft list. I passed over them again and again. Glad I actually did, I understood D. Martin, but the Gerhart hype had me :dunno:

Taking Calvin Johnson and Jimmy Graham at the turn due to my refusal to draft Cowboys players (only because I'm such a die hard fan I couldn't bear to ever speak ill of Bryant or Murray).

Sometimes homer-ism can go too far, I really go out of my way to never draft players from my team as I find it colours your drafting and you reach for players when you shouldn't. That said, I missed on Watkins when I could have had him very, very late in the draft.