Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

What are your biggest FF mistakes this season, and what's your record?

Commish here. Change rule where a blocked kick gets 6 points. Week 2 my oppents gets 12 extra points b/c of block kicks. I lose by 10.

Week 4 I start Bolden vs the Eagles instead of Kelvin Benjamin (out smarted my self.) 7 point difference lose by 7.

Week 8. Due to me watching a football game instead of the normal NFL shows, I forget to put Jeremy Maclin back in the line up after the bye. Lose by 13. W Maclin in I score 180 points. Would have been tied for 7th most points scored since 2002.

Current record 4-4

Should be 6-1-1

Good thing is 8 of 12 teams are 4-4.

Drafted Chris Johnson, Hyde, and Manziel. It's a reach when you're in a 14 team league.

Traded Big Ben to my opponent (who was at the bottom of the league) last week right before he decided to throw up 500+ and 6 TDs.

5-3. Good for 5th. I'm still in it.

Hey,....i know you....

I guess I didn't even give it much though until now, but my draft really sucked:

5 Giovani Bernard, Cin RB
20 Julio Jones, Atl WR
29 Andre Ellington, Ari RB
44 Victor Cruz*, NYG WR
53 Percy Harvin, NYJ WR
68 Bishop Sankey, Ten RB
77 Jay Cutler, Chi QB
92 Pierre Thomas*, NO RB
101 Kyle Rudolph*, Min TE
116 Kelvin Benjamin, Car WR
125 Steelers D/ST D/ST
140 Danny Amendola, NE WR
149 Miles Austin, Cle WR
164 Jonathan Stewart, Car RB
173 Alex Smith*, Cin TE
188 Blair Walsh, Min K

Those Rnd 4-6 picks left a burn mark that will never go away. Julio has disappointed of late. The only redeeming pick was Benjamin in the 10th, and him I had to trade away with Cutler to get back Luck (and Harkins) because I was getting DESTROYED at the QB spot by Cutler weekly.

Hardest part is that the team leading my division has scored only 5 more points on the season than I have, but has 27.5 less points scored per game against him. We have essentially the same team, but he's 6-2 and I'm 2-6.

:wall:

I guess I didn't even give it much though until now, but my draft really sucked:

5 Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

20 Julio Jones, Atl WR

29 Andre Ellington, Ari RB

44 Victor Cruz*, NYG WR

53 Percy Harvin, NYJ WR

68 Bishop Sankey, Ten RB

77 Jay Cutler, Chi QB

92 Pierre Thomas*, NO RB

101 Kyle Rudolph*, Min TE

116 Kelvin Benjamin, Car WR

125 Steelers D/ST D/ST

140 Danny Amendola, NE WR

149 Miles Austin, Cle WR

164 Jonathan Stewart, Car RB

173 Alex Smith*, Cin TE

188 Blair Walsh, Min K

Those Rnd 4-6 picks left a burn mark that will never go away. Julio has disappointed of late. The only redeeming pick was Benjamin in the 10th, and him I had to trade away with Cutler to get back Luck (and Harkins) because I was getting DESTROYED at the QB spot by Cutler weekly.

Hardest part is that the team leading my division has scored only 5 more points on the season than I have, but has 27.5 less points scored per game against him. We have essentially the same team, but he's 6-2 and I'm 2-6.

:wall:

Cutty was a good pick at the time of the draft, Chicago looked like they were loaded up with offensive talent, so he was set to have a good year. Hasn't panned out that way, but you can't kick yourself too much for getting Cutty in round 7, that's probably where he went in most leagues.

Sometimes that on-paper draft you feel really good about falls apart during the season. Working the WW has saved my a$$ many times.

uhhhh - I know Cutler's a crappy real NFL QB, but he's great for me in fantasy.... a modern day Jeff George.

:dunno:

Doug Martin at 2.07 (over Brown, Bell, Rodgers, Foster, Cobb) was my worst by far. Completely bought into him being a bell-cow with little competition and a supposedly improved offensive line. Stupid rankings I used had him as best available too. A few people in my league immediately told me I reached here, but I thought Martin was less of a reach than Rodgers or Cobb at the time. Foster's injury scared me. In hindsight, Brown was the obvious pick.

Others include Andre Johnson in the 4th, Foles in the 5th, and almost everything past the 8th round sans Ivory in the 12th.

I'm 4-4 now. I started 1-4, but I've bounced back through a few trades (got Bell and Rivers), waivers (got Hopkins and Holmes), and the recent production from Golden Tate, Hilton, and Olsen.

I'm struggling with RB2 and have failed with drafting Stacy and Gerhart. I also drafted young RBs like West, Hill, Andre Williams and now Mason and B.Brown via waiver wire and none have panned out as expected. My biggest regret was not getting Ingram once he was dropped to waiver wire following his injury.

Doug Martin at 2.07 (over Brown, Bell, Rodgers, Foster, Cobb) was my worst by far. Completely bought into him being a bell-cow with little competition and a supposedly improved offensive line. Stupid rankings I used had him as best available too. A few people in my league immediately told me I reached here, but I thought Martin was less of a reach than Rodgers or Cobb at the time. Foster's injury scared me. In hindsight, Brown was the obvious pick.

Others include Andre Johnson in the 4th, Foles in the 5th, and almost everything past the 8th round sans Ivory in the 12th.

I'm 4-4 now. I started 1-4, but I've bounced back through a few trades (got Bell and Rivers), waivers (got Hopkins and Holmes), and the recent production from Golden Tate, Hilton, and Olsen.

I pretty much had all Tampa, Oakland, Jacksonville players on my DND list. I'm glad I did now. Still didn't help me avoid other blunders though. I don't draft RB with shitty QB's as a general rule (unless they're AP or some other superstar, but even that didn't work out this year).

In the 10 team ($500) league, I drafted 10th.

Lacy was 1.10 and at the turn I claimed Graham. At 3.10, I was thrilled to get L.Bell . All was good after 3 rounds.

Taking Stafford in the 4th was the mistake (I had Luck highlighted, and still don't know why I called Stafford's sticker) I typically always wait to draft QB's.

(note: A.Brown, Jordy, Cobb, etc were all still available)

So ..2nd mistake = ignoring stud WR's. I went Spiller at 5.10 followed by Vereen at 6.1

hence...Mike Floyd & Torry Smith were my 1st and 2nd WR's.

4-4

picked up Kap and VD in first and second round

Wtf was I thinking

Dropped Sammy Watkins just prior to season opener wtf was I thinking

Currently 4-4 in standard 14 team league tied with record with 4 teams in 9 based on points

4-4 and ranked 6 of 12.

Got outbid for Antonio Brown early in the draft ... should have just taken the hit. I dropped most of the backups I spent the extra $ on anyway.

Cameron ..

Spent too much on two backup QBs (two QB league) that other owners are too butt-hurt to trade me for.

picked up Kap and VD in first and second round

Wtf was I thinking

Dropped Sammy Watkins just prior to season opener wtf was I thinking

Currently 4-4 in standard 14 team league tied with record with 4 teams in 9 based on points

Omg

U suck at this

Wanna be in a $200 league next year ?

Dumb fantasy owners play w their heart

Don't play w your heart

Omg

U suck at this

Wanna be in a $200 league next year ?

Dumb fantasy owners play w their heart

Don't play w your heart

Fock off little Georgie...

Criticism uncalled for. At least he's got the stones to admit it

...and I'm sure we'd get a chuckle out of a few of your dumbass picks as well.

I drafted Adrian Peterson followed by AJ Green.... Dropped Golden Tate for RB help after The ADP fiasco. I'm currently 7-1 in a very competitive league. Luckily I've been riding Luck, Maclin and Watkins. Some strategic pick ups.... Oliver/McKinnon/Beckham have kept me in the race.

• Like 1

Where to start?

Lacy and Ellington 1-2 have been fine. I see a lot of complaints about both but in my league that are 13 and 9 among RBs in scoring and that's fine.

Drafting Roddy White in the early 3rd counting on a rebound campaign was a huge whiff as was following up with Ray Rice, Julian Edelman and Cam Newton 3-6. Ouch.

This is a 14-teamer btw.

Through some work on the waiver wire I am 4-4 despite being 13 of 14 in points and I've got Josh Gordon waiting in the wings but this is by far my worst fantasy draft in years.

I cut Antonio Gates before week one when he popped upon the injury report. He's played each week and been ridiculous.

Been plugging in Donnell and Reed in the right weeks though. 5-3 record. I'd be dominating with gates though.

Passing on Ellington or Bernard for Jeffery, and taking Jeffery over Nelson for top receiver.

Completely bombing on draft picks of Patterson, CJ1K, and Cooks from fourth-sixth. Getting Sankey in seventh.

Drafting Denver defense. I should have got NE because they have had their moments and got defensive TDs.

Lamar Miller, Drafted him and dropped him before season started.

Mike Wallace. Taking Jennings over him in the 11th round because I wasn't smart enough to see other drafters were trying to make me deflect saying he could be cut because of him and Tannehill.

Spending my final picks on a bunch of hyped up third string RBs.