I put my money in bump stocks.

I put my money in cheap beer and expensive tools.

I just got a promotional investment email (who doesn't), but this one was timely. It cited a "new currency law" set to be pass in the US at the beginning of the year which will supposedly launch crypto-currencies higher.

Anyone know what is being referenced?

I've been doing some reading on Ethereum - interesting. So, there is no 'stock symbol' for Ethereum, per se, you're just actually buying Ethereum itself - the unit - and it is called ETH?

So - right now - ETH is hovering around $289, from what I'm seeing. Is there more than one way to buy into this crypto?

I just got a promotional investment email (who doesn't), but this one was timely. It cited a "new currency law" set to be pass in the US at the beginning of the year which will supposedly launch crypto-currencies higher.

Anyone know what is being referenced?

I've been doing some reading on Ethereum - interesting. So, there is no 'stock symbol' for Ethereum, per se, you're just actually buying Ethereum itself - the unit - and it is called ETH?

So - right now - ETH is hovering around $289, from what I'm seeing. Is there more than one way to buy into this crypto?

There is suppose to be some regulation coming at the end of this year or the beginning of next which will bring more confidence in the market naturally.

Ethereums symbol is ETH but most people just refer to it as Ether.

There are hundreds of ways to invest now.

Easy way: just get Coinbase and buy some BTC and ETH.

Youre probably more like me and want to keep them in offline storage or a more secure investment platform. Just Google store cryptos in offline storage and follow the instructions. Really simple.

You also may want to look into some ICOs you can get burned but when you do hit you are getting returns in the thousand percentile.

• Like 1

so 90's was your take on Bitcoin Cash vs Eth right now?

I was stubborn and old and was thinking this was a stupid idea, but its insane

BTC almost 8,000 now???

where do I start

BTC dropped to ~5900 about a week ago, and I was considering jumping in that too, and I didn't. Wish I had. Still, I bought both ETH and LTC a couple of weeks back (after my post in here), and I'm already up almost 20%.

I like this investment as a contrarian play as well: a hedge against a market crash. I think this goes up if stocks take a hit. 90's could chime here, but that's my sense of it.

so 90's was your take on Bitcoin Cash vs Eth right now?

I was stubborn and old and was thinking this was a stupid idea, but its insane

BTC almost 8,000 now???

where do I start

It happens.

Just diversify. Look up the top 5-6 Cryptos and put your money there. Whenever there is a fork leave it on that crypto as you double everytime.

BTC, ETH, LTC are the majors and you wont go wrong by investing in them.

And whatever you do never ever ever ever invest in Ripple as it goes directly against what cryptos were created for.

But to answer your question most of my investment is in Ether.

BTC dropped to ~5900 about a week ago, and I was considering jumping in that too, and I didn't. Wish I had. Still, I bought both ETH and LTC a couple of weeks back (after my post in here), and I'm already up almost 20%.

I like this investment as a contrarian play as well: a hedge against a market crash. I think this goes up if stocks take a hit. 90's could chime here, but that's my sense of it.

My thoughts exactly. Cryptos were essentially created right after the 08 crash to prevent it from happening again (among other reasons). If the market or our currency collapses cryptos will skyrocket. As people, especially the younger generation like myself will lose all faith at that point in the system we currently have.

• Like 1

So what's the difference between bitcoin and bitcoin cash?

Faster transaction time.

Bitcoin has become the gold standard of cryptos so to speak and that to me is the only thing holding the value up. Where as Ethereum I believe will serve more purpose and actually have real world function.

• Like 1

I believe Ether's new floor is $300. Fock me as I stood waiting for a drop to $150 before I was going to invest. I really think if this stuff hits $300 again I'm jumpin in.

Fock Fock Fock Fock.

I believe Ether's new floor is $300. Fock me as I stood waiting for a drop to $150 before I was going to invest. I really think if this stuff hits $300 again I'm jumpin in.

Fock Fock Fock Fock.

Easy, just lend me the money to invest in it. It will magically drop to 10$ within a couple days.

I could bet on the tide coming in and the moon would blow up and somehow prevent it. Trust me, the minute I decide to take the plunge on this fake money thing, the whole scam will get exposed and it will plummet to 0. Im simply not allowed to have nice things.

Why would it go back down to 300 though? Isnt it bad if it goes down? Or can it just go back up? I mean, should I just max out my credit cards buying this stuff, even at its record high?

Easy, just lend me the money to invest in it. It will magically drop to 10$ within a couple days.

I could bet on the tide coming in and the moon would blow up and somehow prevent it. Trust me, the minute I decide to take the plunge on this fake money thing, the whole scam will get exposed and it will plummet to 0. Im simply not allowed to have nice things.

Why would it go back down to 300 though? Isnt it bad if it goes down? Or can it just go back up? I mean, should I just max out my credit cards buying this stuff, even at its record high?

Im not sold on this stuff either, BUT all money is fake :dunno:

Im not sold on this stuff either, BUT all money is fake :dunno:

I know, thats why I wish I had jumped in, now Im just wondering if its still wise to or wait for a dip.

I know, thats why I wish I had jumped in, now Im just wondering if its still wise to or wait for a dip.

I ordered that book from that guy, I am going to be going more in on the next one. Right now in order to feel like more of a player there are quite a few options here

https://www.gdax.com/trade/LTC-USD

some lower priced ones that have potential to climb 500% and even some penny stocks

Tan, if you are as poor as you make out to be, you probably shouldn’t be speculating on random investments.

Tan, if you are as poor as you make out to be, you probably shouldnt be speculating on random investments.

Why not if this is just magical christmas land where every commodity goes up 1000% with no risk yet somehow not everyone is jumping on it.

Dont give me that canned cliche answer I hear all the time just save and count your pennies.. You dont make money that way, the working man is a sucker. You get money in big windfall chunks by lucking out on crap like this. I could save all year and have barely anything relevant. I want big payoffs for little work. Dont BS me saying thats not how it works, it is. Smart people do the research and work and tell people when to invest, they do, they make money. Just being real, so sick of the bull crap.

Why not if this is just magical christmas land where every commodity goes up 1000% with no risk yet somehow not everyone is jumping on it.

Haha.. this.

im not saying it is a bad investment, just your margin for error is likely a smaller than the typical jet set Geek.

im not saying it is a bad investment, just your margin for error is likely a smaller than the typical jet set Geek.

Dont care about margin of error. I live paycheck to paycheck. I have credit though so if I can run up a few grand on my card on these magical no fail investments then Im all about it.

I just need someone to tell me when to fearlessly throw my cash and where to aim it with no lectures from dad about being responsible. 3k on my credit card is not much of a monthly payment.

Dont care about margin of error. I live paycheck to paycheck. I have credit though so if I can run up a few grand on my card on these magical no fail investments then Im all about it.

I just need someone to tell me when to fearlessly throw my cash and where to aim it with no lectures from dad about being responsible. 3k on my credit card is not much of a monthly payment.

In that case, I suggest you buy lottery tickets instead.

In that case, I suggest you buy lottery tickets instead.

See this is kind of crap answer Im talking about. 1/230 million chance at lottery. Why waste a post?

The Wolf of Wall Street says ICOs are a worse scam than anything he ever ran.

And as expected, traditional currency experts all warn that this is all just a bubble based on nothing tangible.

Then theres the perception that cryptos are primarily used by criminals on the dark web.

All that aside, people appear to be making money on this stuff.

Just be cautious.

• Like 1

Its less valuable than my bitcoins :dunno:

the object isnt to own bitcoins or ethereum, the object is to make the investment early as a speculation and sell when you feel comfortable getting out

500$ in Bitcoin in 2010 is 85 million today

I blew way more than 500$ on crap in 2010 that is worth nothing

• Like 1

the object isnt to own bitcoins or ethereum, the object is to make the investment early as a speculation and sell when you feel comfortable getting out

500$ in Bitcoin in 2010 is 85 million today

I blew way more than 500$ on crap in 2010 that is worth nothing

I understand the concept of investing. I don’t understand spending non-discretionary income on a high risk/high reward commodity like cryptocurrency.