Sign in to follow this  
frank

Help me pick a computer

Not in my case at least. The 1/8" top audio jack on my CM690 case arrived not working. When I pulled the cover off I found the wires connecting the jack were loose - I pushed them in further, heard a click and all was ok. Just speaking from personal experience. I've seen comps arrive with power & led lights not attached as well.

Doesn't mean Frank got a bum box, but if everything else is working ok and its just those two jacks I'd be inclined to think it was a connection issue before a bad mobo.

Also Frank - you can run a 1/8" splitter out the OUT from your mobo or sound card and plug your headphones into one side and your speakers into the other. They cost about $2 at Radio Shack. You'll be back there plugging in your mic anyway, and its an easy work around to get sound out of both headphones and speakers without having to switch plugs.

I agree on that. It is a connection issue. But i think that the front jacks simply were not hooked up in the first place.

I think I will just forget about it and live without headphone jacks. I think I could call up the manufacturer at any time in the future and get walked through it. Probably will never bother with it though.

Dude, don't settle. Be a man and pop the hood. See if the wire is connected.

So, what's the update? Did you open it up and take a look? :dunno:

Nope. For some reason, the headphone jack and the USB ports are on the bottom of the front. With the computer on the floor, they are pretty much impossible to get to anyway.

frank, you are a man--you're supposed to like this sh!t. Now open up those g0ddamn computers and see if you can figure it out. :thumbsup:

Nope. For some reason, the headphone jack and the USB ports are on the bottom of the front. With the computer on the floor, they are pretty much impossible to get to anyway.

That ain't the point. It's such a simple fix and you won't even open it? Ugh...

Your man-card is officially revoked. :angry:

Have your girlfriend or mom help you out.

That ain't the point. It's such a simple fix and you won't even open it? Ugh...

Your man-card is officially revoked. :angry:

Understood, but I'm not willing to risk $1,100 to fix something I wil never use. Like I said, the jacks are on the bottom. Sure I could fix them but for everyday use they are too much trouble to get to. Plus my speakers have a headphone jack.

Also, I think that ship sailed when I spent $1400 to play a video game with my girlfriend.