Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Smoking At All Time Low

More MAGA! I wonder how many Newports or Kools Obama is sucking down now that no one is watching?

Been over 12 Years for me. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thus the tobacco companies are aggressively moving into the vape market to hook another generation.

• Like 1

:pointstosky:

More MAGA! I wonder how many Newports or Kools Obama is sucking down now that no one is watching?

You need help

..😷

How about smoking pole? That must be at an all time high

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Excuse me, the rant is due.

So the Greenies and the Euros are freaking the out about plastic straws. Meanwhile, our roadways, or lakefront's, or Oceanfront, literally everywhere is literally littered with cigarette butts.

I still don't understand what the fuc goes through people's minds. Do you think they spontaneously combust once they leave your hand? It's disgusting. I see little kids in the park picking the out of the grass and playing with it. I can't come within 5 feet of an ashtray without gagging.

Just more proof that smokers are the most selfish Foxx on the planet.

I remember watching my dad flick his own cigarette butt into his own yard. I was like what the ? But it's his yard at least. And I wasn't going to risk a backhand for it.

But some left two cigarette butts on the front porch last week. And I have an ashtray out there specifically for her.

What in the actual ? This isn't the seventies for Christ's sake.

At this point, I don't think they should reduce the amount of carcinogens. There are brutally honest commercials out there that the tobacco companies had to pay for. Nobody's ignorant as to how bad cigarettes are for you. At this point, I think they should up the carcinogens and pack in as many as they can. it, these people obviously aren't smoking for their health. The sooner they die the better.

Yeah, the plastic straws are the problem. Because we know everybody drinks like the equivalent of 2 packs of straws a day and throws the sjiit wherever.

Actually Ill contribute this one to the anti smoking movement. You see a lot of commercials now especially on kids and teen channels about not smoking. Kids are taught early in school smoking is bad. They have a dam warning label on the pack of cigarettes that says youll die if you smoke them. Tons of families lost loved ones to lung cancer cause of smoking. This was an eventuality and I predict itll keep going down.

Thus the tobacco companies are aggressively moving into the vape market to hook another generation.

If they are smart, they would be moving towards vape pens and mari jane.

:thumbsup:

I'm at 8 years myself. Which at the current price of 7 bucks a pack is roughly around 30,000 bucks I've saved.

• Like 1

Plus the millenials are inside all the time playing video games and watching super hero movies. No smoking in most houses and all theatres. And their mom won't let them smoke in her car.

never smoked, hate it with a passion. Not a ganja person either.

I'm at 8 years myself. Which at the current price of 7 bucks a pack is roughly around 30,000 bucks I've saved.

Its almost $11 in Philly. I occasionally miss smoking but Im so glad I quit.

I'm definitely not a treehugger, but the all the sig-but littering drives me crazy. And I am a former smoker.

Go to any intersection, and the gutter is just littered with those things. Then you get some that just empty a whole ashtray's worth in the parking lot.

It's deplorable.

On a related note. Where I live. These f0ckin e cigs or vape cigs, whatever they are called, are everywhere. I'd say from a late teen to probably age 30.

There is a butt can right in the middle of a smoke pit. Probably 10x as many butts around the can as there are inside of it

I'm blame it on modernization and the influx of so many into apartment dwellings... Folks are using these new electric style smokers, not authentic smoking.

I'm old fashion, prefer my offset stick burner. B)

4 weeks and 1 day for me.

I still have a staring match with that row of Camel Lights every time I stop at the gas station. So far I am winning.

One day at a time.

I still have a staring match with that row of Camel Lights every time I stop at the gas station. So far I am winning.

One day at a time.

:pointstosky:

'atta boy!

One day at a time.

Im almost 2 years quit. I left a steakhouse with my wife Saturday and right outside on the bench near the valet was a pack of Parliament (my old brand) with 4 cigarettes in them. I figure Satan left it for me.

Im almost 2 years quit. I left a steakhouse with my wife Saturday and right outside on the bench near the valet was a pack of Parliament (my old brand) with 4 cigarettes in them. I figure Satan left it for me.

Good for you holding strong.

I have quit for months and years at a time, only to start back up because of just one.

• Like 1

Good time to start investing in smoking.

Good for you holding strong.

I have quit for months and years at a time, only to start back up because of just one.

I wont ever smoke again because I know I will be right back to full time - its all or nothing.

This book helped me especially this chapter:

http://whyquit.com/FFN/chapters/FFN_04_Rationalizations.pdf

Good luck sir.

One day at a time.

Keep it up man! Good work.

I still chew the nicotine gum when im stressed, but haven't had a cig 7 years.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:36 AM, NorthernVike said:

On 6/20/2018 at 10:57 AM, Mike Honcho said:

On 6/20/2018 at 3:06 PM, SenatorRock said:

One day at a time.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:07 PM, MDC said:

On 6/20/2018 at 5:05 PM, mobb_deep said:

Keep it up man! Good work.

I still chew the nicotine gum when im stressed, but haven't had a cig 7 years.

Using all you guys as motivation,today is day nine for me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Just Do It!  

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 11:52 AM, edjr said:

How about smoking pole? That must be at an all time high

Same. You can even be a guy that plays dress up to be a girl and still bang girls. :dunno: 

My wife and I have been cigarette free since New Years Day in 2014. We did it together because if one or the other smoked, we would both be smoking again in no time. We used the Blu e-cig at first and stepped down the nicotine. After several weeks of that, I bought an expensive hookah pen (the one with all the crazy flavors) but we always bought the no nicotine flavors because we still had the oral fixation. We got married in June of that year and decided if we choose to, we could smoke cigarettes on our honeymoon. We never did and I am glad we stayed strong. Eventually we got rid of the hookah pen and haven't used anything at all. I do smoke cigars, maybe once a week or one every other week. Out of habit one night I took a draw of the cigar and inhaled it. I damn near almost died! I was a hardcore smoker of 20+ years. A pack a day damn near every day unless I was sick which is not often. If I can do it any one can do it. The back of my index and middle finger on my right hand were yellow because I would smoke all the way down to the filter. You literally have to take it one day at a time. If you falter, start over. Try to string several smoke free days together. Then it becomes more of a challenge to see if you can keep the streak going. I have had many dreams in which I smoked in my dream. I woke up all bummed out that I caved. Then I realized it was just a dream and was so relieved. Smoking sucks. I never knew how bad I must have smelled when I came back into the office from smoking until after I stopped. An older guy in my office still smokes and stinks so bad when he comes in from outside. Plus you can save a crap ton of money which you can use to start another habit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

I haven’t had a cigarette in either 4-5 years? I can’t remember and don’t miss it.

Stick with it - good luck.

• Thanks 1

Hate smoking, the smell, the pollution, all of it, hate it. 

But a good dip of skoal now and then, thats a different story . . . 

2 minutes ago, Mufaletta said:

Zyn is the best nicotine invention ever. Cinnamon or citrus flavor. Its too good

15 hours ago, Mufaletta said:

The pollution. :lol:

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

The pollution. :lol:

Smoking does a hell of a job polluting a building.  You ever see the damage it does?  Disgusting.

18 hours ago, Mufaletta said:

Dipping may be at an all time high. The guys I hang with are 50s white collar, middle, to upper middle, to upper class and 1/4 dip. Was at a friend's house last week and probably 6/10 were dipping. I gave it up many years ago, but picked it back up to the tune of a tin of Cope a month for the last couple of years.