Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

No Muslim Refugee has ever committed an act of terror in the U.S.

Just heard that on CNN. Have heard that on multiple platforms up to now, I imagine we'll hear more of that.

I want to address this in multiple parts. The first part will give the Trump Collective a stiffy, the second post will be geared toward those capable of nuanced thought. The third will talk about the real world efficacy of the so-called "no-fly list" and the fourth? Specifically addresses Trump's specific plan.

Consider yourselves warned.

Oh, and all of this will be done from memory. Been trying to do that a lot more in light of Mom's situation. Scares the bejeesus outta me. So, if I get spelling/minor deets wrong, I'm okay with being corrected. I don't wrap my self-worth in this stuff, it's just a good time waster. :bandana:

The assertion referenced in the thread title is misleading at best. Either people have very short memories, or they're dancing with words.

(he's not a 'refugee', he's an 'immigrant'.) or - "It was caught before he did it!" (lame)

Those that assert something like the thread topic title apparently forget May 1, 2010.

That's the day that a couple of NY Street vendors noticed smoke coming out of a dark blue

1993 Nissan Pathfinder in Times Square. The iconic photo is of the pathfinder parked next to the huge numbers "15" -

which was cut off from 1515. It was 1 Arbor Place as I recall.

Faisal Shazad was an immigrant from (I want to say) Pakistan - but somewhere in the M.E. that was a predominantly Muslim country that was living with his family in Bridgeport. A year earlier, I think he became a citizen on ironically 9/11.

His bomb was a seriously Rube GoldBerg contraption. It was like 4 different types of bombs all wired together. Designed to explode in Time Square. Were it not for shiity construction and a couple of sharp street vendors, serious damage would have occurred. NYPD ultimately disarmed the damn thing.

Like I said, THAT story alone (look it up) pretty much refutes the idea that all refugees/immigrants from Muslim countries are just poor pawns in a Xenophobic political game. People going after Trump's plan should be intellectually honest enough to admit that while the majority are cool, certainly not ALL have the best of intentions for their new country.

Part Deux:

I really wish especially those that are so in lock-step with Trump's Xenophobic policy would look up Samantha Bee's show on Syrian Refugees already here in the states. (Cue: "that libruhl kvnt! - fake news!")

A big chunk of them are doing some really good things for both active and returning U.S. soldiers. - I'm will to wager more so than the collection of chickenhawks on this bored by a significant factor.

Did you know that Syrian refugees (among other things) are four times more likely to start their own business? Incredibly entrepeneurial. It's about as good an example of the American Dream as one can imagine. And, given that we have entire cities being overgrown with weeds and decay (- and the blacks there ain't doing sshiit), I don't really have a problem with bringing in new blood.

But, if you want to compromise - let's start with a subset - Young Single Males from Muslim Countries.

It ain't ideal, but it beats painting toddlers and widows with the same brush. The definition of compromise is both sides walking away pissed off.

I know the media is going to hammer that into our minds.

I really dont get why limiting refugees from countries that have a higher threat of terrorism is considered racism.

-ISIS has stated they are going to sneak terrorists in with refugees

-Our European allies have stated that terrorists are already posing as refugees

-US intelligence officials have stated that ISIS is infiltrating refugees

-US intelligence officials have stated ISIS wants to attackthe US

But youre a racist if you think we should have strict rules about where our refuguees come from :dunno:

• Like 1

Part Three:

Trump's policy - and the nations he wants to ban (from what I've heard, so feel free to correct me - please):

1) Don't include ANY of the four countries from which the 9/11 (remember that ?- and I ain't talking Bengazi) terrorists were from.

2) Doesn't include Pakistan - Are you forking KIDDING me? San Bernadino? Home of OBL? Home of virtually every major AQ terrorist training camp?

Geesus Fock. I mean, it's like cutting carbs - Except Potatoes, Bread and Pasta.

Stupid Fock. Who the fock is advising this dumbfuck?

• Like 2

Last:

Do know where we CAUGHT Faisal?

And NOBODY in the press talked about this? (God, I'm slamming the keyboard I'm still so F;ing pissed):

We caught a guy who was on a 50 state, three country, BOLO - ON THE FOCKING PLANE TO THE MID EAST!

Yeah, so much for our focking no-fly list and our vaunted TSA. We'll focking strip search toddlers and confiscate Grandma's walker, but God For Fother-Mocking-BID we catch ACTUAL TERRORISTS using their own ID at the focking airport.

He wasn't at the gate, he wasn't caught in security, he was on the focking plane. He'd probably already ordered a drink and read through the SkyMall catalogue.

So, next time you feel like giving the TSA a break because 'they're keeping you safer", remember THAT story, huh?

• Like 1

I know the media is going to hammer that into our minds.

I really dont get why limiting refugees from countries that have a higher threat of terrorism is considered racism.

-ISIS has stated they are going to sneak terrorists in with refugees

-Our European allies have stated that terrorists are already posing as refugees

-US intelligence officials have stated that ISIS is infiltrating refugees

-US intelligence officials have stated ISIS wants to attackthe US

But youre a racist if you think we should have strict rules about where our refuguees come from :dunno:

You obviously don't watch Samantha Bee. Or else you'd know better than to type that nonsense.

...And therein lies the difference between you and I.

Bigly.

Yeah. Go ask Europe how they are feeling about letting refugees in. The Petri dish is right there. You and your band of lemmings will fight any fight that comes down from HQ, no matter how stupid.

You obviously don't watch Samantha Bee. Or else you'd know better than to type that nonsense.

Lol

Visited the Statue of Liberty just today. Was a powerful experience. It represents what America has always stood for and should always stand for.

How a man like Trump, who resides mere miles from there (and Ellis Island) could be pushing this crap is beyond me. It's shameful.

• Like 1

Visited the Statue of Liberty just today. Was a powerful experience. It represents what America has always stood for and should always stand for.

How a man like Trump, who resides mere miles from there (and Ellis Island) could be pushing this crap is beyond me. It's shameful.

I doubt that. And go get a Fockin drink man. Don't be ascared.

I doubt that. And go get a Fockin drink man. Don't be ascared.

Scared?

Me?

You're the sissy phaggot who can't take a few desperate refugees because of the exceedingly remote chance that one of them might attack whatever little sh1thole town you live in :doh:

Scared? You're the sissy phaggot who can't take a few desperate refugees because of the exceedingly remote chance that one of them might attack whatever little sh1thole town you live in :doh:

I assume you're in mid-town. Go to the GAF at 48th and 9th. Get a pint of Guinness and a shot of Tullamore Dew. Do that 3 or 4 times and enjoy yourself. Take a cab back though. Don't drink in the hotel bar. Just a bunch of other goobers. Run along now.

Why should we let them in?

The Presidents duty is not to refugees. It is to the American people.

If ISIS is telling us they want to infiltrate refugees, if American intelligence is telling us the same, and if our European allies say the same...how is it worth the risk? Whats the benefit to the American people?

Hell, we got a sh!t ton of good 'ol red blooded American psychos who have ready access to weapons right now all over this country. Think about it, if you go by the standard accepted level of crazy, 3-5% of people out there are extremely dangerous (Timothy Mcveigh and Ted Kaczynski types). That means in every major city in the USA there are probably at least 30k-50k people that are capable of mass killing and they can roll into a gun show, purchase an assault rifle, order magazines and ammo on the internet, then go to the midnight showing of Batman.

Yet we are worried about the some people entering our country? Seems to me the bigger issue is not allowing crazy people such easy access to guns. And yes that includes crazy from all races and religions. Buy hey, lets rail on the brown people coming into our country and distract everyone from the real problem.

Retarded if you ask me.

As with anything, it's all in how they word it to make it a true statement.

Let us not forget the past eight years, the word terror was only uttered after immense pressure and ALMOST NEVER combined with Muslim.

Hell, we got a sh!t ton of good 'ol red blooded American psychos who have ready access to weapons right now all over this country. Think about it, if you go by the standard accepted level of crazy, 3-5% of people out there are extremely dangerous (Timothy Mcveigh and Ted Kaczynski types). That means in every major city in the USA there are probably at least 30k-50k people that are capable of mass killing and they can roll into a gun show, purchase an assault rifle, order magazines and ammo on the internet, then go to the midnight showing of Batman.

Yet we are worried about the some people entering our country? Seems to me the bigger issue is not allowing crazy people such easy access to guns. And yes that includes crazy from all races and religions. Buy hey, lets rail on the brown people coming into our country and distract everyone from the real problem.

Retarded if you ask me.

ahh yah the good ole, roll into a gun show and buy assault rifles theory

let me help you out. You can't

and if you are able to its ILLEGAL

Hell, we got a sh!t ton of good 'ol red blooded American psychos who have ready access to weapons right now all over this country. Think about it, if you go by the standard accepted level of crazy, 3-5% of people out there are extremely dangerous (Timothy Mcveigh and Ted Kaczynski types).

Watching the left tilt and protest against Trump, I'd say you're a bit on the low side for crazies.

Just reading of all the sh1t they are doing in Europe/Sweden, (where just this week there was a three hour live-stream gang rape done by refugees, I won't even mention all the kids that have been raped in pools because of "sexual emergencies" by these savages), is enough reason for me to want to keep them out. Plus, I just plain don't like/trust them and find them culturally and religiously incompatible with America, but that's me. I'm an ignorant racist bigot and like you, I don't give a fock what you nitwits think either.

Just reading of all the sh1t they are doing in Europe/Sweden, (where just this week there was a three hour live-stream gang rape done by refugees, I won't even mention all the kids that have been raped in pools because of "sexual emergencies" by these savages), is enough reason for me to want to keep them out. Plus, I just plain don't like/trust them and find them culturally and religiously incompatible with America, but that's me. I'm an ignorant racist bigot and like you, I don't give a fock what you nitwits think either.

Here's at least one of the assaults. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2036909/outrage-as-iraqi-migrant-who-raped-boy-10-in-sexual-emergency-at-swimming-pool-has-conviction-overturned-because-jury-couldnt-prove-the-child-said-no/

Ah, the liberal view of immigrants. No does NOT mean no if the rapist doesn't speak the language of the victim. :doh:

Don't get me wrong I'm a big second ammendment rights supporter. You are correct about the gun show blabbering ithe is completely misinformed. The fact of the matter is though that although completely illegal, it's still very easy to get "assault" weapons from individuals in an illegal Manor with enough money.

Ok first of all you ASSUMED I was saying that a felon can purchase a weapon. When in fact my post made ZERO mention of felons. I referenced crazy not felonious. You obviously did not read my post and instead decided to ramble on one of your many prepared talking points. That right there is normally enough for me to discontinue talking with you most of the time but I'm in good spirits today so lets play.

OK lets again assume that every transaction that takes place at a gun show is licensed (not true, but it's not as bad as people claim it is most transactions are licensed and do background checks). Lets not even talk guns shows as that is too easy. Let's say the crazy person is anti social, has all kinds of anxiety issues and can't be around people. So he wants to buy everything online.

Now I am not quoting some website or some off the wall reference. I did not see this story on CNN or MSNBC. Hell I hardly ever watch network TV. So anyway, I kind of know a cat who is an SOF. He is a friend of a friend, not the kind of person I hang out with, but the dude is a certified badazz (ex special forces, went over and fought ISIS, makes weapons, loves the sh!t).

Was hanging out one time with some friends and he was there. He spoke at length about how to get assault rifles. I do not remember the specifics as I have no desire to own one but its not hard. Basically you can purchase the weapon without the "guts (springs, firing mechanism, etc) and then buy a kit that includes all of that stuff and then put it together. Well me being the inquisitive guy I am asked "isn't it hard to put it together, I mean those parts have to be tiny, very detailed process I imagine". He says not really and pulls up a youtube video on how to do it.

Now back to my original point. Crazy people can easily pass background checks and purchase weapons. Timothy Mcveigh, before he decided to blow up a building, could roll into a gun show and purchase an assault rifle, then go online and get mass amounts of magazines and ammo, and no one would even question it. That sir is a FACT.

Leftist focks trying to change the culture of America for decades. Fock all of you and your ilk.

This has been an immigrant country from its inception ya focking 'tard

• Like 1

This has been an immigrant country from its inception ya focking 'tard

And immigrants assimilated. Not the case anymore. As a matter of fact, the left encourages them not to for some reason.

Now the game playing starts. I guess the terrorist at Ohio State wasn't one either.

I guess we can discuss the Muslim ban here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/world/middleeast/muslims-trump-visa-restrictions-.html?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share&referer=https://t.co/nAmxHR16h2&_r=0

IMO...this will bolster groups and give them more to recruit against the US. If/when they start again...giving preference to Christians...they will point out that its not about terrorism but about Islam. Also...he had to add a lie about how tough it was for Christian refugees to get here...a point which has already been pointed out as preposterous given the numbers.

Why is he excluding Saudi Arabia (or other countries he has business dealings)? Do you think it will help that Iraq is on the list? Know much about the Kurds...all those who have helped us over the years in Iraq (people we have vetted and who have helped us)?

The Ohio State kid?

I thought he came here as a legal resident from Pakistan, one of the countries that's not on Trump's list.

And he has instituted the extreme vetting for immigrants from the other countries. Well done.

So we are going to halt accepting "refugees" for four months and take extra precautions to vet them before allowing them into the country.

I'm still unclear what that means. Is it just refugees from ISIS hotbeds like Syria? Or is it ALL?

I'm fundamentally against a "religious test". But I do understand taking extra precautions on certain situations if warranted. That's only common sense.

Sorta torn on this one.