Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

No Muslim Refugee has ever committed an act of terror in the U.S.

So we are going to halt accepting "refugees" for four months and take extra precautions to vet them before allowing them into the country.

I'm still unclear what that means. Is it just refugees from ISIS hotbeds like Syria? Or is it ALL?

I'm fundamentally against a "religious test". But I do understand taking extra precautions on certain situations if warranted. That's only common sense.

Sorta torn on this one.

Pakistan and Saudi Arabia aren't on the ban. It's an unserious plan by an unserious president, designed to rile dumb people up. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

:doh: Yes they were. Anyone who says otherwise is an irrational hair splitter.

or who understands the difference between a refugee and an asylum seeker .

Pakistan and Saudi Arabia aren't on the ban. It's an unserious plan by an unserious president, designed to rile dumb people up. :thumbsup:

It's been working for him for a few years now, going back to the Birther thing

Ignoring all the rhetoric and regurgitated talking points (from both sides) on this forum is difficult and tiresome. So few here are capable of independent and critical thought. Makes sense as that is our entire country in a nutshell.

Given that, I feel the idea behind this is a good one but the execution is probably pizz poor at best. Because we have a president and government that are more interested in the above mentioned rhetoric and talking points than actually doing the right thing.

If we actually made a disciplined, well funded, focused, and determined attempt at identifying wack job religious fanaticism, blocking them from entry into the country and incarcerating them, it would be a good idea and I would be 110% behind it. We could do the same thing for crazies and their access to guns as I have mentioned before.

BUT, we won't. It will not be properly funded, focused, and therefore it will be undisciplined. So lets just ban all Muslims. As I said before, retarded is the word that best describes this.

I've only half followed the news in recent days, but when I saw that none of the countries the 9/11 hijackers were from were on Trump's list, I was confused. I haven't researched the reasoning, but I have the same gut reaction when I read about fighting illegal immigration, yet not a word is mentioned about going after the companies that hire them....

In short, politicians and rich people don't want certain problems solved, for money reasons. Voters DO want those same problems solved, so they throw window dressing at it knowing most won't look beyond the headline. One side wins, and the other THINKS they win. And folks, that's a win/win.

• Like 3

I've only half followed the news in recent days, but when I saw that none of the countries the 9/11 hijackers were from were on Trump's list, I was confused. I haven't researched the reasoning, but I have the same gut reaction when I read about fighting illegal immigration, yet not a word is mentioned about going after the companies that hire them....

In short, politicians and rich people don't want certain problems solved, for money reasons. Voters DO want those same problems solved, so they throw window dressing at it knowing most won't look beyond the headline. One side wins, and the other THINKS they win. And folks, that's a win/win.

Gets it.

Sad thing is, the money is there to do things right. Everyone screams about budget and cost but if managed correctly, it wouldn't be an issue. Just keeping it simplistic here, not wanting to go into the whole is our debt bad/world reserve currency/macro stuff.

The Ohio State kid?

Or the other Ohio State kid...

Or the other Ohio State bus stabbing

Or the refugee in Minnesota

Or the other one who shot up the mall.

Or Chattanooga

Or the UC stabbing

Or the dozens of others who where caught before executing their plan.

or who understands the difference between a refugee and an asylum seeker .

or anyone who wishes to dispense with common sense and hide behind semantics.

Or Chattanooga

Or the UC stabbing

Just eyeballing this list I know for a fact that a few of them were not refugees. For example the UC stabbed was born in the US.

Strange that you guys insist this is great policy and can't seem to come up with a handful of refugee terrorists. :unsure:

I would love to hear from the libtards bashing this what their plan would be to combat terrorism in our country. Imagine being in charge of it.

I love the poor logic of the left: it hasn't been a big enough problem yet, ergo it won't be in the future.

Just look at all of the problems the refugees are causing in Europe; that is the path we were headed down, and inexplicably some people want it. :unsure:

It's a privilege to come to this country, not a right.

If you can't pass the vetting, stay the fock out.

Or make sure your country does business with Donald Trump.

Ethics experts question whether that might indicate conflicts between Trump's business interests and his role as U.S. president.

The executive action, "Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States," targets seven nations: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. Trump has no business interests in those countries.

One other thing they have in common, as NPR's Greg Myre writes: "No Muslim extremist from any of these places has carried out a fatal attack in the U.S. in more than two decades."

The 19 terrorists in the Sept. 11 attacks were from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon and the United Arab Emirates, Myre points out. They are among the Muslim-majority countries not affected by Trump's immigration freeze, but where Trump does business.

He has significant commercial interests in Turkey and Azerbaijan, is developing properties in Indonesia and Dubai, and has formed companies in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. His daughter Ivanka said in 2015 that the company was looking at "multiple opportunities in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi Arabia the four areas where we are seeing the most interest."

Figures.

I love the poor logic of the left: it hasn't been a big enough problem yet, ergo it won't be in the future.

Just look at all of the problems the refugees are causing in Europe; that is the path we were headed down, and inexplicably some people want it. :unsure:

Has anybody here identified a single refugee terrorist attack in the US yet? :dunno:

Don't get me wrong I'm a big second ammendment rights supporter. You are correct about the gun show blabbering ithe is completely misinformed. The fact of the matter is though that although completely illegal, it's still very easy to get "assault" weapons from individuals in an illegal Manor with enough money.

Glad you used the word assault in quotes :thumbsup:

Has anybody here identified a single refugee terrorist attack in the US yet? :dunno:

Did you completely not read my post? :lol:

Or make sure your country does business with Donald Trump.

Figures.

The slack jaws will say this is all a coincidence. :lol:

Did you completely not read my post? :lol:

I did. Unfortunately Jerry the government can't keep you safe from every potential problem. :(

Just eyeballing this list I know for a fact that a few of them were not refugees. For example the UC stabbed was born in the US.

Strange that you guys insist this is great policy and can't seem to come up with a handful of refugee terrorists. :unsure:

Good catch, so you admit that "No Muslim Refugee has ever committed an act of terror in the U.S." is 100% false.

Because that's the argument.

The terrorist in Ohio State was a Muslim refugee.

I did. Unfortunately Jerry the government can't keep you safe from every potential problem. :(

Wow, completely unresponsive. I expect better from you. :(

To your question, some may be refugees but that's not the point. Unless you can argue that being a refugee actually decreases your chance of being a terrorist vs. non-refugee (which I doubt), the question is not how many refugees have committed terrorism, but how many people have done so in the name of Islam, here and around the globe.

Another point is that they don't typically jump off the boat and blow up a building that day. They typically take some time to plan, perhaps assimilate, train, etc. How long were the 9/11 attackers here before they attacked? Can you say there aren't terrorists planning something as we type?

That being said, your red herring about the countries NOT on the list is an interesting one worth discussing. The simplistic anti-Trump view is that he does business in those countries, while the truth is the US does a ton of business in those countries (my old company sold a ton of airplane engines to airplanes for Emirates for instance) and since forever we have had different engagement models with different ME countries. You could argue it isn't very swamp-draining of Trump, and you would probably be right. :cheers:

So despite there being no instances of refugee terror attacks on te US, refugees pose such a threat to US safety that we need to ban them, but not enough of a threat that we can't make exceptions for terror hotbeds that we do business with.

Jerryslogic :D

• Like 1

That being said, your red herring about the countries NOT on the list is an interesting one worth discussing. The simplistic anti-Trump view is that he does business in those countries, while the truth is the US does a ton of business in those countries (my old company sold a ton of airplane engines to airplanes for Emirates for instance) and since forever we have had different engagement models with different ME countries. You could argue it isn't very swamp-draining of Trump, and you would probably be right. :cheers:

So summarized, if you give us some cash, you can blow up and behead our neighbors and blow up our children.

Weird stance for the government to take and for people here not to be up in arms about.

• Like 1

So despite there being no instances of refugee terror attacks on te US, refugees pose such a threat to US safety that we need to ban them, but not enough of a threat that we can't make exceptions for terror hotbeds that we do business with.

That doesn't address the points I made, so I'll just say: don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Heading out, I may type some more words that you'll ignore later today. :cheers:

You can keep saying it all you want, but your narrative has been proven completely false. You just keep making yourself look the fool over and over again

So summarized, if you give us some cash, you can blow up and behead our neighbors and blow up our children.

Weird stance for the government to take and for people here not to be up in arms about.

I said that that's how it's been, then said in my last sentence that if that is Trump's motivation, I don't agree with it. Perhaps I should type slower or more clearly, but I was trying to not be cliche like The Departed. :dunno:

Leftist focks trying to change the culture of America for decades. Fock all of you and your ilk.

The culture of what? Immigration?

From the 1860s-1930s the United States hovered around 13-15% of the population as foreign born. From 1940-1990 it dipped to as low as 5%. It was back up to 13% in 2010 and probably 15% by 2020.

This is a return to normalcy. :dunno:

• Like 1

You can keep saying it all you want, but your narrative has been proven completely false. You just keep making yourself look the fool over and over again

I will look through your latest link later. Several "refugee" attacks (OH and UC) weren't committed by refugees. I only have so much time to track down lies. :dunno:

It's a privilege to come to this country, not a right.

If you can't pass the vetting, stay the fock out.

Perhaps the only person here who can say this, since some of your people were actually indigenous.

That said ... some of your people. With a more restrictive immigration policy you might well not be here today. Just like the rest of us.

I said that that's how it's been, then said in my last sentence that if that is Trump's motivation, I don't agree with it. Perhaps I should type slower or more clearly, but I was trying to not be cliche like The Departed. :dunno:

I read where you wrote "one could argue that it isn't very swamp draining, and they'd probably be right.".

The qualifiers "could argue" "very" and "probably" aside, If that was where you were up in arms and outraged at the administration valuing cash over American lives, then yes you need to type slower and more clearly, because I'm an extremely skilled reader and it was totally not apparent to me.

I read where you wrote "one could argue that it isn't very swamp draining, and they'd probably be right.".

The qualifiers "could argue" "very" and "probably" aside, If that was where you were up in arms and outraged at the administration valuing cash over American lives, then yes you need to type slower and more clearly, because I'm an extremely skilled reader and it was totally not apparent to me.

I typed those words because, as I also said, I don't know if that is the motivation or not. So perhaps you need to hone up on your extreme skills. :thumbsup:

I also don't recall you being up in arms when Obama was letting in refugees from those countries. So to make sure I understand, you only oppose letting them in if Trump does it and/or he doesn't let in refugees from other countries?

In other words:

Syria yes, Saudi Arabia yes, good!

Syria no, Saudi Arabia no, good!

Syria no, Saudi Arabia yes, fake outrage!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. :)

I typed those words because, as I also said, I don't know if that is the motivation or not. So perhaps you need to hone up on your extreme skills. :thumbsup:

I also don't recall you being up in arms when Obama was letting in refugees from those countries. So to make sure I understand, you only oppose letting them in if Trump does it and/or he doesn't let in refugees from other countries?

In other words:

Syria yes, Saudi Arabia yes, good!

Syria no, Saudi Arabia no, good!

Syria no, Saudi Arabia yes, fake outrage!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. :)

The outrage of the folks crying on TV because their loved ones are being held at JFK looks pretty real to me :dunno:

Or Chattanooga

Or the UC stabbing

WTF are you babbling about?

This has been an immigrant country from its inception ya focking 'tard

I think once immigrants start chopping people's freaking head off we can close the borders

Iran has been fighting ISIS and tacitly allying themselves with us as regards ISIS.

For that and other reasons, I don't think pixxing off Iran is going to do us any favors.

The majority of that kick-ass population is pro-West and anti-extremist. Most of them

can't even stand their own government. The majority of Iran is under 30 years old. It's

just a matter of time before that whole thing blows - our way. - Unless we give them

a reason not to.

It's like he gets his foreign policy information circa 1982.