Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Hill and Gio

I don't want to start another flame war over who is the better back or should be getting bulk of carries...

After seeing the split last week what are folks thoughts on the running back situation in Cincy going forward? Will Hill still get enough carries to be startable as an RB2?

I have both, and I'm rolling with Hill. I figure he gets the edge in goal line situations.

I'm in a non-PPR league, though.

I agree with the brother above. Gio in PPR but Hill in standard.

• Like 1

Same position. Thinking Hill as RB2. Trying to figure out if I should roll Gio, Lamar, or one of my bench wideouts in the flex spot.

I sat Hill last week, and shouldn't have. I have the same question this week: I have three players for two spots: Hill@TB, Jennings@JAX and Beckham@JAX. I'm not sure which one to sit.

I think they both have significant roles going forward. I expect Hill to handle goal line and 4th quarter duties though and Gio to be in on more passing downs. Not a shocking revelation to anyone but if i had to choose one it would be Hill.

I don't want to start another flame war over who is the better back or should be getting bulk of carries...

After seeing the split last week what are folks thoughts on the running back situation in Cincy going forward? Will Hill still get enough carries to be startable as an RB2?

It's going to be the hot hand going forward . Touch spot

I'm rolling with both this week. I was going with Gore but I'm thinking the game is going top be a defensive battle.

This is a pain in 0.5 PPR. I don't think last week was "normal" usage since they planned on easing Gio back into the lineup. Gonna roll with both of them again this week, since it's not really a must-win. But I really hope this isn't a hot-hand approach the rest of the season.

I have both. I went hill last week, but this week I'm going gio. Gio is just to big of a stud to bench. I think gio has more big play potential. I know hill is hot, but I have a gut feeling gio will have a good game this weekend. I drafted gio as a stud so I'm gonna stick with him for the playoff push. He was putting up a lot up points before he got hurt.

As a Bengals fan & watch every game I think Hue Jackson should use Hill/Gio similar to the BGE/Gio split last year. Have Hill handle 1st/2nd down rushing plays & use Gio as the 3rd down receiving back. Keeps Gio from getting banged up running between the tackles & fresh for the passing game duties.

Both are flex/RB2 plays from here on out, imo.

Which one will have the better per game output is anyone's guess but I think Hill is the safer play with Gio being the boom/bust player.

Hill > Standard

Gio> PPR

Week 16 they play Denver I have both and in hoping by then GIo takes the bulk because Denever run DST is so good and Gio can catch the ball a ton. Thoughts?

Bengals just played a bad game. Hill was actually on the field quite a bit more than Gio and had Andy not turned it over 3 times, I imagine he would have performed better. They had about equal carries but Hill got 17 touches to Gio's 12. Hill also started.

For who?

I benched him last week as well - for Jennings. I have Boom and a couple of other flex options as well that are more attractive to me at the moment.

All these people wanted Hill in there got there wish now they ruined it for everyone. This backfield can't be trusted right now.

All these people wanted Hill in there got there wish now they ruined it for everyone. This backfield can't be trusted right now.

Believe it or not, hopes and dreams of Hill owners have nothing to do with the Bengals' backfield.

Any chance Hill gets a reduced workload after calling out the play-calling last game?

OC Hue Jackson laid into Hill at Monday's presser saying that he needed to keep his trap shut and worry about blocking better and breaking tackles. Potential in-game punishment awaiting Hill, or motivation to step up his game?

Any chance Hill gets a reduced workload after calling out the play-calling last game?

OC

Hue Jackson laid into Hill at Monday's presser saying that he needed to keep his trap shut and worry about blocking better and breaking tackles. Potential in-game punishment awaiting Hill, or motivation to step up his game?

Doubtful. He was just lighting a fire under his rookie.

Some interesting words from Jackson. Wonder how to read into this?

Against the Buccaneers, Hill had the majority of touches, finishing with 17 (13 rushes, four catches). Bernard had 11 (10 rushes, one catch).

Don't read too far into the division of labor between the running backs, though. Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson didn't think this switch to favoring Hill would become a pattern. This game was simply about continuing to ease Bernard back into the flow of the offense after he missed three games.

"You guys kind of know my mode when we get a guy back," Jackson said Monday. "Try not to put too much on him right away, but we'll slowly work him back. Hopefully you can win games and get guys acclimated back in games and then you kind of let them be who they are. He's got a couple games under his belt now, and we'll keep expanding for him as we move forward."

Anyone think Gio slowly starts to take back his role prior to the injury? (please keep the favoritism out of the discussion).

I think I may lterally flip a coin Sunday morning to decide between Hill and Gio.

Do you have a pet? Assign each player to a toy and see which toy your pet chooses.

Never fails!

Do you have a pet? Assign each player to a toy and see which toy your pet chooses.

Never fails!

That's awesome

that quote on Jackson regarding Gio's workload is exactly the type of news I've been looking for in either direction.

PPR rolling Gio. Non PPR benching Hill and starting Herron.

Yes, I have Hill & Gio. Worse yet this week I have Ellington.

This s a .5 PPR

I have Ingram at RB1 but need either Hill or Gio in RB2. Just picked up J-Stew as either RB2 or flex,

Please rank Hill, Gio, and J-Stew for week 14.

Thanks