Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

fantasy playoff team

1 - QB, 2 - RBs, 2 - WRs, 1 - TE, 1 - K, 1 - Def , all 8 from different NFL playoff teams.

1 - Flex (RB , WR, or TE) can be from any NFL playoff team even from the 8 already used on QB, RBs, WRs, K, Def

standard scoring

what does your playoff team look like

QB - Rogers

RB - Lynch

RB - CJ Anderson

WR - Megatron

WR - A Brown

TE - Gronk

K - Vinatieri

Def - Ari

Flex - Nelson

Looks good! What are some good sites to set up a fantasy playoff league with my friends? We've done the NFL fantasy playoff challenge the last 2 years but looking to do something different.

Are you doing it online ?

We used cbs for the regular season

I saw I can add match ups for the playoff weeks..... Does that mean cbs will do the live scoring ?

I really just wanted to see what kind of playoff team everyone would put together. I have no idea which sites host it.

WorthlessBurger

CJ Anderson

Lacy

Megatron

T Smith

S Smith

Witten

Crosby

Panthers

6 teams

This was 10pm on NYE...my friends continue to let me Drink and Draft.

I am curious, but what are some of the strategies you guys use to pick your team?

Do you try to predict which two teams will make the SB and plug in the star WRs from that team?

Do you take the teams you think will be eliminated first and play their kicker or D?

If you can only pick one player per team, at best you would have two players still in it in February.

Never done this type of fantasy playoff format, was hoping to pick your brains.

Thanks.

I am curious, but what are some of the strategies you guys use to pick your team?

Do you try to predict which two teams will make the SB and plug in the star WRs from that team?

Do you take the teams you think will be eliminated first and play their kicker or D?

If you can only pick one player per team, at best you would have two players still in it in February.

Thanks.

The way to win is to pick players from teams you think will last.

I did one with buddies and picked mostly Seattle Dallas and new England players.

If you can only pick one player per team, i would try to pick a QB that I think has a good chance of getting to the Super Bowl. Since QBs score the most points, picking one of the 2 that make it to the big game should give you a huge advantage.

QB - Manning

RB - Lynch

RB - Hill

WR - Megatron
WR - Nelson

TE - Gronk

K - BAL Kicker

DEF - Arizona

Flex - Lacy

Everyone drafts from the Top teams with obviously the best shot at the SB. (3 games)

The winner, will be the guys who loaded up on this years Ravens....the team that plays 4 games (Wildcard) and goes all the way.

I have Worthlessburger, Calvin Johnson, S.Smith, T.Smith. Witten., Panthers DST.

I am curious, what are some of the strategies you guys use to pick your team?

Thanks.

I participated in my yearly big money playoff draft that I play with in my big money regular season league tonight.

$100 entry fee (may not be huge but it's high enough stakes for my liking) & 8 owners.

Start the following: QB, 2-RB, 3-WR/TE, K, DEF, FLEX (can be any position).

My strategy was to focus on the Patriots & Seahawks players (my super bowl picks).

Followed my strategy as much as possible but had to zig & zag since the draft position/flow dictates everything.

Here's my team from the 6th spot outta 8 teams, numbers in parentheses are what round they were selected:

QB: A. Luck (3)

RB: CJ Anderson (2)

RB: G. Bernard (7)

WR/TE: R. Gronkowski (1)

WR/TE: Megatron (4)

WR/TE: M. Bryant (8)

K: S. Gostkowski (6)

DEF: Indy (9)

FLEX: B. Roethlisberger (4)

Wanted M. Lynch, R. Wilson or T. Brady in the 1st round but they went the 3 picks before me so i went with my backup plan in Gronk. Almost picked J. Nelson with my 2nd round pick but I figured there was gonna be a run on RB's so I selected CJ Anderson in the 2nd. After that, I started zagging & took Luck & Roethlisberger back to back which I picked to advance outta the wildcard round. In the 5th round I selected Megatron whom I don't figure to make it outta the wildcard round but has the ability to have a big game. Took the best available kicker in the 6th round in Gostkowski. The 7th round didn't offer a ton of upside so I took Bernard whom can possibly break off a long TD against a vulnerable Indy defense in a scenario where my Bengals could be in pass mode which benefits Gio. Martavis Bryant has a ton of upside against a suspect Baltimore secondary & Indy's defense dominated Dalton in their meeting this season & offered upside with the 3rd to last pick in the draft.

Impossible to field a dominant team in this format but I'm happy with the results. Drafted a good variety of bye week & wild card teams. Blast away rubes!

Thanks, all! Appreciate your thoughts.

If you're participating in a format where you can only pick one player from each team once, here's my advice.

1st, pick the winners of each game wildcard through the Super Bowl so you can identify how many games each player will potentially play.

I myself see a Patriots/Seahawks Super Bowl. I'd go with either Brady/Gronk/Edelman from the Patriots & Wilson/Lynch from the Hawks.

Use defenses from the wildcard round that you figure will lose since there's typically less points scored from this position but offer some upside (Bengals/Lions/Cardinals).

If I was doing a format like this, this is what my team would look like:

QB: T. Brady

QB: A. Rodgers

RB: M. Lynch

RB: D. Murray

RB: J. Hill

WR: J. Nelson

WR: D. Thomas

WR: A. Brown

TE: G. Olsen

K: A. Vinatieri

DEF: Baltimore

DEF: Arizona

Depends on the roster settings but this is just a rough draft. Good luck phillygrrl08!

I also do playoff game. We pick 1 player from each team and and fill the lineup of 2 of every position. I got

Brady

Rodgers

Murray

Lynch

A Brown

C Johnson

Fleener

J Thomas

Cin Kicker

Car Kicker

Balt Def

Arz Def.

I also do playoff game. We pick 1 player from each team and and fill the lineup of 2 of every position. I got

Brady

Rodgers

Murray

Lynch

A Brown

C Johnson

Fleener

J Thomas

Cin Kicker

Car Kicker

Balt Def

Arz Def.