Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Ellitot's appeal likely to be August 29

ESPN's Adam Schefter forecasts Ezekiel Elliott's appeal hearing to take place Aug. 29.

It's good to have clarity on the date, but this being the NFL, we'll likely get an appeal to the appeal. With the situation so uncertain, fantasy owners should abide by the facts on the ground. The facts on the ground are that Elliott is suspended for the first six games of the 2017 season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this is after my auction draft. We have contracted keepers and someone either could get a great

keeper deal, or a rough one. Or maybe no one will even contract him. I'm still not sure what my auction limit is on this guy. I just don't see him staying out of trouble. I have one contract space left and am keeping my eye on a certain rookie, but if Elliot goes for 3/4 price, that would be tough to pass up as 2 to 4 year keeper.

In my auction I'm going to nominate him right away if no one else has already. I want to get him out of the way and see if people will spend some big bucks on him. If for some reason people are too scared right away then I'll take the risk on him for the right price. I think he's going to have to be about half price for me to consider him though.

In my auction I'm going to nominate him right away if no one else has already. I want to get him out of the way and see if people will spend some big bucks on him. If for some reason people are too scared right away then I'll take the risk on him for the right price. I think he's going to have to be about half price for me to consider him though.

Yeah. I'll probably do the same as you. I may bid up to about 15% of cap. In my league the top couple players normally go for 28-30%.

Article 46 is gonna get zeke no matter what. he could pull a tom brady and play this year and next year the suspension goes into effect. what a circus

Article 46 is gonna get zeke no matter what. he could pull a tom brady and play this year and next year the suspension goes into effect. what a circus

And with all the crap he has been involved in, I don't see how he gets out of any games. I realize it's best for the team if he gets suspended next year, and that's one of the big things, but I wish he would just realize he has been making poor decisions (even if by association), and just take the punishment and get on with things. Oh, and it couldn't hurt if he stops driving and gets a car service. I wonder what his car insurance rates are at this point? He's dangerous on the road if nothing else.

0 games, appeal will drag to next year. Draft him anytime after pick 3 imo.

This is vey possible but we know that he is getting hit hard with this from Goodell. I'm in with Hawkeye's take on this and taking if value is presented for a keeper league. If I was in a redraft only, I'm not touching him in a draft being prior to the decision on his fate. I would still end up with a Freeman or Gordon or Brown etc...

This appeal is a slam dunk to me. The woman was caught conspiring to blackmail him. She clearly had one of her homies beat her up so she could leverage the bruises. I see no way he serves even 1 game suspension, even then, it won't happen til next year if he does.

This appeal is a slam dunk to me. The woman was caught conspiring to blackmail him. She clearly had one of her homies beat her up so she could leverage the bruises. I see no way he serves even 1 game suspension, even then, it won't happen til next year if he does.

I recommend reading this series of tweets from a person who actually has some experience with assault victims.

https://twitter.com/JulieDiCaro/status/897942784975527938

yeah, his accuser admitted to registering the domain "ezekielelliottsexvids" in august 2016, and her phone records show texts discussing blackmailing him in order to get money for breast implants.

and some of you guys still believe her, like the submissive goodell fans that you are.

:clap:

yeah, his accuser admitted to registering the domain "ezekielelliottsexvids" in august 2016, and her phone records show texts discussing blackmailing him in order to get money for breast implants.

and some of you guys still believe her, like the submissive goodell fans that you are.

I believe the guy is simply an idiot who can not stay out of trouble and brings negative press to his work everyday. Im so sure he was set up for the traffic accidents, the bar fight and some cop lied about him driving over 100+. The loser will blame everyone but himself for all of his crap. He has taken 0 responsibility for anything he's been involved with.

Also, the NFL is going after the players association for spreading derogatory information to the media. So in reality, who cooked this all up on the players side?

Maybe she wanted to blackmail him after he beat the crap out of a couple times in college. I wouldn't blame her.

Did you even read the tweets?

started to, and then discovered that she had no direct knowledge of the case, so her opinion is purely speculative and therefore irrelevant.

the accuser admitted to lying, the NFL acknowledges that she lied, the police acknowledge that she lied, and her friend acknowledged that she lied as well as asking her friend to lie. against that, you have some tweets from a random lawyer.

seems legit.

started to, and then discovered that she had no direct knowledge of the case, so her opinion is purely speculative and therefore irrelevant.

the accuser admitted to lying, the NFL acknowledges that she lied, the police acknowledge that she lied, and her friend acknowledged that she lied as well as asking her friend to lie. against that, you have some tweets from a random lawyer.

seems legit.

She may have lied, but was she abused prior to her lie?. And that is something you have no direct knowledge of. If this is all made up and she was never abused, I hope she goes to prison for life, but I don't know. All I do know is that Elliot is a punk and is guilty of other things and will be guilty of more things in the future. Love him all you want, it's true he's a criminal at heart.

Oh, and she may have been paid off for her to say she lied. Convenient timing for all this recanting...

She may have lied, but was she abused prior to her lie?. And that is something you have no direct knowledge of. If this is all made up and she was never abused, I hope she goes to prison for life, but I don't know. All I do know is that Elliot is a punk and is guilty of other things and will be guilty of more things in the future. Love him all you want, it's true he's a criminal at heart.

Oh, and she may have been paid off for her to say she lied. Convenient timing for all this recanting...

the problem is that no evidence whatsoever has been released that implicates elliott. we know that she had injuries, but there is no evidence that elliott put them there (and multiple eyewitness accounts saying that he did not). as far as we know, the entire case is literally her word. so her credibility--whether her word is good or not--is about the only thing going for her. and we know that she's a liar. we don't have to wonder about that--we know for a fact that she has been dishonest in her accusations.

so if there's only her word, and we know for a fact that she has been dishonest with the police and with the league, why should anyone believe her over him?

seriously--why?

Yes, they are worthless. She clearly set this all up and is not a victim. She wouldn't be boasting about boob jobs and plotting in texts if she was abused. She would be vowing revenge for what he did. The tone clearly implicates her and makes him look innocent. Could she be a victim? Sure, just like the sky could rain meteors and kill us all tonite. This is a 360 windmill slam dunk, he is innocent.

the problem is that no evidence whatsoever has been released that implicates elliott. we know that she had injuries, but there is no evidence that elliott put them there (and multiple eyewitness accounts saying that he did not). as far as we know, the entire case is literally her word. so her credibility--whether her word is good or not--is about the only thing going for her. and we know that she's a liar. we don't have to wonder about that--we know for a fact that she has been dishonest in her accusations.

so if there's only her word, and we know for a fact that she has been dishonest with the police and with the league, why should anyone believe her over him?

seriously--why?

Im not saying I believe her over him. But I also dont believe a guy who grabbed a woman's shirt in public and pulled it down along with the other garbage he has been a part of. Given this guys character, I wouldnt be suprised about any accusations that start flying in from now until forever.

Yes, they are worthless. She clearly set this all up and is not a victim. She wouldn't be boasting about boob jobs and plotting in texts if she was abused. She would be vowing revenge for what he did. The tone clearly implicates her and makes him look innocent. Could she be a victim? Sure, just like the sky could rain meteors and kill us all tonite. This is a 360 windmill slam dunk, he is innocent.

Or the sun could get be blacked out within the week. Or a major resurgence of Nazis. MMA fighters taking on boxers in major fights. I mean, like any of that would ever happen. :lol:

we are in the he said she said stage at this point.

article 46 with the collective bargaining agreement is going to get zeke one way or another no matter how crooked she is.

Only the cowboys could screw up another year this good. The Circus Carnival has never left for the last 23years.....2 playoff wins is all. what a joke.

signed cowboys fan.

sickening

article 46 with the collective bargaining agreement is going to get zeke one way or another no matter how crooked she is.

Only the cowboys could screw up another year this good. The Circus Carnival has never left for the last 23years.....2 playoff wins is all. what a joke.

signed cowboys fan.

sickening

True. I wonder if the Cowboys would trade Elliot for David Johnson. Haha. Of course they would rather have good guy over a thug.

Or the sun could get be blacked out within the week. Or a major resurgence of Nazis. MMA fighters taking on boxers in major fights. I mean, like any of that would ever happen. :lol:

haha; nice

• Like 1

Im not saying I believe her over him. But I also dont believe a guy who grabbed a woman's shirt in public and pulled it down along with the other garbage he has been a part of. Given this guys character, I wouldnt be suprised about any accusations that start flying in from now until forever.

He's a kid who just became rich and famous partying with hot women. He was joking around and she prob banged him later and gets naked all the time. I won't judge a kid for being a kid. He needs to grow up fast though now that he is a face of the biggest sports brand in the country.

He's a kid who just became rich and famous partying with hot women. He was joking around and she prob banged him later and gets naked all the time. I won't judge a kid for being a kid. He needs to grow up fast though now that he is a face of the biggest sports brand in the country.

Yeah. Hes a kid. Is he 16? And he probably banged the other 23 year old "kid". Weird take.

nothing like beating people up, degrading woman, and endangering lives to show off what a 20 something kid you can be. aww... how cute.

hmm my draft is on the 28th, I pick 8th and already have Gordon and Leveon, I wont pick again til 35

Antonio, DJohnson, Julio, Bell, Gordon, Jordy, ODB, MThomas, Brady, Mccoy, AJ Green, D.Freeman, Baldwin all kept

best available are

Evans, Elliot, Ajayi, Howard, Cooks, Rodgers, Brees, Gronk etc

I think I have to roll the dice if Zeke is there, even with the 6 games, nobody else on the list after those 7 (who I project to go top 7) is really must have, and then I have picks 35,36 to fill out the WR's and we can start 3 rbs

no, not even remotely. we're in the 'she said' on one side, and 'he said/eyewitnesses said/her friends said/her text messages said/her lawyer admitted' on the other. here's the police file:

http://www.columbuscityattorney.org/pdf/press/2016070206%20Investigation%20Documentation/2016070206%20Public%20Records%20Documents.pdf

Yeah. Hes a kid. Is he 16? And he probably banged the other 23 year old "kid". Weird take.

Talk to any 23yr olds lately? He's a kid. My take was not at all weird. A brash youngster gets rich and acts out and needs to grow up. Pretty normal, by the book take.

Talk to any 23yr olds lately? He's a kid. My take was not at all weird. A brash youngster gets rich and acts out and needs to grow up. Pretty normal, by the book take.

Aww. How cute. For the 23 year olds you talk to its normal they beat people up, endanger lives, and degrade women. But none that I know. And if they do, they should lose their jobs.

Seriously, and I hope in the future its you, your daughter, your wife, your son, your niece, etc. that gets abused, put in danger on the roads, and/or sexually harrassed by this charming silly kid so you can explain to them how silly it all is. In your eyes that lucky girl probably just got banged and all is good.

hmm my draft is on the 28th, I pick 8th and already have Gordon and Leveon, I wont pick again til 35

Antonio, DJohnson, Julio, Bell, Gordon, Jordy, ODB, MThomas, Brady, Mccoy, AJ Green, D.Freeman, Baldwin all kept

best available are

Evans, Elliot, Ajayi, Howard, Cooks, Rodgers, Brees, Gronk etc

I think I have to roll the dice if Zeke is there, even with the 6 games, nobody else on the list after those 7 (who I project to go top 7) is really must have, and then I have picks 35,36 to fill out the WR's and we can start 3 rbs

Its your call but a solid wr would be nice in your situation.

Seriously, and I hope in the future its you, your daughter, your wife, your son, your niece, etc. that gets abused, put in danger on the roads, and/or sexually harrassed by this charming silly kid so you can explain to them how silly it all is. In your eyes that lucky girl probably just got banged and all is good.

What girl? I'm not even sure what offenses we are even discussing. The party slut who's shirt he pulled down playfully while she laughed or the conniving chick caught conspiring to blackmail him? Remind me about the danger on the road and who he beat up, I can't keep up with all his knuckleheadery.

Seriously? Once you graduate college and enter the workforce you better be an adult. I was managing a business at that age and engaged. That's not an attempt at bragging either as that's what many people my age were starting to do at that point in their life. Many of those "kids" are in the military also so they better be adults.

Just because you act like a kids does not mean you are a kid. He's an adult, act like one or just deal with the consequences. It's pretty simple.

Seriously? Once you graduate college and enter the workforce you better be an adult. I was managing a business at that age and engaged. That's not an attempt at bragging either as that's what many people my age were starting to do at that point in their life. Many of those "kids" are in the military also so they better be adults.

Just because you act like a kids does not mean you are a kid. He's an adult, act like one or just deal with the consequences. It's pretty simple.

It amazes me when people call 20+ year olds "kids". Ill tell you one part of this world that doesnt call them kids. Thats every countries prison system as well as USA companies.

Anyway, since this is fantasy football, I think the only way you take elliot is if you know by draft time that he isnt sitting out half this year, or he can be a keeper for following years. Even that is a risk with this guy. One more screw up could be a year out of the league. But I gotta admit, I do love hogging RBs.

Convenient timing? The text messages have a time/date stamp from months ago...same with the website she opened (last year). She was caught in multiple lies way before some of this was publicly announced or the suspension was handed down....waaaaay before.

Zeke's a knuckle head but she's made this $hit up to get cash when the relationship ended.

I'm betting 2 games...SERVED NEXT YEAR.

That is a part of Elliots problem now. he's done enough questionable things that any accusations now become beieveable regardless of whether they are true now.

Convenient timing? The text messages have a time/date stamp from months ago...same with the website she opened (last year). She was caught in multiple lies way before some of this was publicly announced or the suspension was handed down....waaaaay before.

Zeke's a knuckle head but she's made this $hit up to get cash when the relationship ended.

I would have no problem with her conspiring blackmail if he actually did beat her up prior to that. I dont know the whole truth and neither do you. What I do know is this guy is a thug in general and I wont miss him playing if he is gone. Ill get on just fine. And it is interesting just at this time she comes out and said something about lies. Sounds like Elliots camp just made a payoff for that in return.

This. Reduced suspension and no games served this season. Draft as early as 4th pick freely...then watch him bust because teams never repeat magical seasons. FF is so fun!