Sign in to follow this  
Culpooper

Pick 9 Scenario

I have pick 9 in a standard serpentine 10 man re-draft lg. I can pretty much insure that the following players will be drafted ahead of me in no particular order:

DJ

Bell

Brown

OBJ

Julio

Rodgers

Evans

McCoy

Who would you pull the trigger on at 8? I am not ecstatic about anyone here really. I guess the fan favorite options would be

Freeman

Gordon

Demarco

AJ

Jordy

Howard

Any advice here on who you would chose and why? Thank you everyone. Draft tomorrow

I also have the 9 pick. I think I am going Freeman and Jordy in round 2. I really would like a top rb and top wr and Freeman and Jordy fit the bill.

Gordon. He will get the touches. There is no one there to push him for playing time. Oliver? I think not. The Chargers will have a very good passing game with Allen back. To me that is the pick at 9.

Take Jordy or AJ, then grab whoever is still there for RB's at 2.2

Gordon no question.

Then either Green or Nelson.

Like that draft postion.

I'm 10, and I hope I don't have to decide between Freeman and Gordan,,,,,Gordan looks good.

What about taking Jordy AND Green and go RB/RB when it comes back around ?

I'm 10, and I hope I don't have to decide between Freeman and Gordan,,,,,Gordan looks good.

What about taking Jordy AND Green and go RB/RB when it comes back around ?

I considered that plan especially since this lg is big pts for long td's. QBs are also pretty valuable in this lg and toyed with making Brady my selection at the turn

Take Jordy or AJ, then grab whoever is still there for RB's at 2.2

kind of comes down to who you want or don't want. I would go Jordy, then Freeman. I don't much like AJ fantasy wise, not enough consistency. I like ATL's O more than the SD.

Melvin Gordon.

He made something out of nothing so many times last year. If the Chargers can have ANY improvements from last year (WR health/play, Oline health/play, the defense doesn't get crippled piece by piece too, anything), Gordon is going to have a wonderful year.

His season ends CLE, WSH, @KC, and @NYC. I know I know...it's looking at schedules in preseason, but maaaan...that is NOT a scary slate at all. And again, Gordon was beyond serviceable even in brutal matchups last year. He was a steal in the 5th-ish round last year..that's for sure, but he's a viable options in drafts from pick 3 and on this year based on what he put down last year. It didn't look fluky at all. And it did not depend on absurd 80-yard TDs where the whole defense hit Square at the wrong time. He got his yards, catches, and TDs tough.

Now look: he might not be the sexy choice. Saying his name when it's your turn isn't like saying 'DAVID JOHNSON' or 'LEV BELL'. Or it doesn't feel as 'clean' as being able to say 'Shady', but dude is a work horse rb in an era where there's only a few. His injury last year was a freak injury based on him trying to recover a weird as hell Rivers fumble, so it's not like he's a dude who always has a health story. Woodhead isn't there to rob him of cheap catches like his rookie year. He seems to be past HIS fumbling thing (knock on wood). I've told myself the above story and I like him.

Freeman & either Jordy or M.Thomas on the rebound

Love Atlanta's late schedule (saints twice in weeks 14 & 16)

• Like 1

Freeman & either Jordy or M.Thomas on the rebound

Love Atlanta's late schedule (saints twice in weeks 14 & 16)

nice point on the Atl schedule during the fantasy playoffs.

I'm picking 10th so I'll definitely remember that as part of my Devonta assessment.

I have pick 9 in a standard serpentine 10 man re-draft lg. I can pretty much insure that the following players will be drafted ahead of me in no particular order:

DJ

Bell

Brown

OBJ

Julio

Rodgers

Evans

McCoy

Who would you pull the trigger on at 8? I am not ecstatic about anyone here really. I guess the fan favorite options would be

Freeman

Gordon

Demarco

AJ

Jordy

Howard

Any advice here on who you would chose and why? Thank you everyone. Draft tomorrow

first I'll exclude those that I think should be.

That would be Gordon. I love him for dynasty, but they have one rookie and one guy who red shirted last year due to injury that will be new to this line. The early returns have not been good. Line looked like Swiss cheese during the last exhibition game.

I have no doubt those rookies will be good eventually, but it generally takes a half year for these guys to get up to speed. So I'd rank all the other RB's on your list ahead of him in a redraft.

I like Freeman, but with Coleman there, I think his upside will continue to be limited. So I wouldnt pick him.

for me, If I'm taking a RB, it's between Howard and Demarco Murray. In a redraft these guys are pretty close. I like howard a bit better, but there are some new pieces to the offense, so it's difficult to say how this will affect his numbers. Murray is a bit more proven, but also seems to get dinged up and usually misses a couple of games each year because of it. I'd say the risks and the rewards for both players is roughly equal, so I'd pick the one I want between those two.

That being said....

you are looking at 4 very good RB's. and 2 Very good WR's.

The odds are good that one of the WR on the board will be gone by the time you pick in round 2.

Because I value Demarco Murray and Howard roughly the same I'd wait on a RB. unless the guy at the turn drafts both of them, you're gonna get one of them for sure. So If the draft plays out like you think it will, I'd actually grab Jordy. I like him over AJ because he has the better QB and actually has been more consistent in his production from year to year.

so I'd grab Jordy and wait to grab either Murray or Howard (whichever one slips to you)

another good option is to actually go RB-RB and grab two RB's here. but then you are probably grabbing 2 WR's in the next 2 rounds and the WR talent drops pretty significantly after these two WR's are off the board.

I love Gordon and D Murray. If you could land those 2 as your starting RB's, then that's a great foundation to build on. You could swap in Howard for Murray if you preferred him and he was still on the board in the 2nd.

Freeman admirerers beware... he just got paid and is one hit away from buh-byes.

Melvin is the pick @ 9

Considering that EVERY player in the NFL "...is one hit away from buh-byes", this is a non-issue. Freeman got $22M guaranteed, $15M which is a signing bonus. Yeah, he's got that money now... but considering Uncle Sam is taking $7M of that, it only leaves him $8M. His next 3 seasons - which are guaranteed, only add up to $7M. Not quite enough in my books to give a player the mindset of "I'm good". He wants to see the last 3 years of that deal where he gets another $21M.

Drafted this past weekend. My league goes WR heavy so Freeman wasn't there at 9. Mike Evans was though so I snagged him instead.

Considering that EVERY player in the NFL "...is one hit away from buh-byes", this is a non-issue.

Freeman has a short history of concussions. Because of this, the likelihood that these become more frequent to the point where his season/career may end is more likely than one who has not suffered a concussion. I'm not exactly rooting for this, but take it in consideration when there are other players of similar value at his position, i.e. Melvin Gordon.

Freeman has a short history of concussions. Because of this, the likelihood that these become more frequent to the point where his season/career may end is more likely than one who has not suffered a concussion. I'm not exactly rooting for this, but take it in consideration when there are other players of similar value at his position, i.e. Melvin Gordon.

why are we even discussing Freeman's concussion history? He's had one. that's it. caused him to miss a game in 2015.

Concussions become an issue when:

1) you have a major concussion that keeps you out for an extended period of time.

2) you have multiple concussions. Typically these get progressively worse with respect to recovery time.

If he had 3+ concussions or a major one, I'd start to factor that in as a significant risk factor.

This is not the case here.

While I'm not a huge Freeman fan, with respect to the concussion issue, he is fine. I would not move him down on my list for that reason.

I, however have a bias towards players who do not have to share carries. and I move him down my list one or two spots because of the presence of Tevin Coleman on the roster.

for me, that's the only downside with Freeman. and he performed well last year despite sharing carries with Coleman. so while I moved him down a spot or two because of this, he's still pretty high on my draft list.

So Melvin Gordon with an ankle, hip, and 2 knee issues is a "safer bet" than Freeman?

Gordon went 4 in my full PPR league. I guess someone was really high on him or a homer.

So Melvin Gordon with an ankle, hip, and 2 knee issues is a "safer bet" than Freeman?

Correct, and he will share the ball with no one.