Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

#walkaway

TDS

Wages are up 50 cents an hour since the election, I dont know how fast you expect them to rise.

Truck drivers can get a $5,000 signing bonus to drive for Walmart. Kroger grocery baggers can get tuition reimbursed. New-mother baristas at Starbucks now can get their full salary for up to six weeks of maternity leave. And traveling Goldman Sachs bankers can ship their breast milk home for free.

These new job perks are just a few signs of the hot and competitive labor market. The U.S. unemployment rate is the lowest its been in decades. That means companies from restaurants to engineering firms are being forced to find new and creative ways to lure workers

Oh...unemployment rate means something again?

Also you talked about Trump Jobs bs vs Obama and you bring up Starbucks and Kroger bagger Jobs.

And wages...you should start doing more research into the lagging in growth.

Try harder baker...be better

Middle class GDP shrunk, that's right, shrunk under Obama. Doesn't matter how much jobs go up if they don't pay. Mic drop.

I am. Look at this bored. Loaded with utter nitwits towing the partisan line. This place is a microcosm of America.

Bunch of dummies that think their political insight is better than their neighbors.

3rd parties require intelligent thought, a purpose and a method to break that mindset. It's not happening. Not in the near future.

If this bored shows anything at all it should prove, without question, that political ideology is no different than religion.....it makes people dumber.

The "nitwits towing the partisan line" make up about 6 or 8 posters. The other 11 people here stay out of the political slapfights and BS all over this place for the most part. Some of the more rational folks on this board (Bert, 'Skids, CMH, come to mind) rarely engage in most of the political BS and I would guess any of them would vote a centrist candidate (that had no "dealbreakers" for them) regardless of the letter after their name. Hell, I would put guys like Edjr and CBFalcoon in that category too.

• Like 1

Oh...unemployment rate means something again?

Also you talked about Trump Jobs bs vs Obama and you bring up Starbucks and Kroger bagger Jobs.

And wages...you should start doing more research into the lagging in growth.

Try harder baker...be better

As always you have no links to back your claims.

The jobs that were lost during (and after) the brutal recession have largely come back. But businesses haven't felt much pressure to pay workers more. Until now.

CEOs are feeling the political and economic pressure to raise wages. Starbucks, JPMorgan Chase, United Airlines and Walmart all announced pay hikes this year.

The labor inflation especially in the last year has been significant," said John Hartung, Chipotle's chief financial officer, on a recent earnings call. "We haven't passed on the cost of those higher wages [to customers]."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/25/news/economy/us-wages-ceos-talking-about-raises/index.html

Right now jobs are killing it. Data here only goes to 2015, but they are stronger in 2018 than 2015, 2016 and 2017.

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ceshighlights.pdf

Id be interested in knowing how many of those jobs are contract vs. full time employment and whether they pay a living wage.

Id be interested in knowing how many of those jobs are contract vs. full time employment and whether they pay a living wage.

By those jobs, you mean all of them every year for fair comparison. That fact that job growth has consistent annual high and low points means they probably include every paying job that is reported.

Liberals don't mind the illegals staying, but they are doing jobs at a rate that wouldn't be considered a living wage for Americans (living wage being a shouting point for the Dems). As long as there are people willing to do to the jobs at lower pay, companies wont respond to the living wage argument.

The other side of the coin, Conservatives want the illegals out, but don't want the employers to be forced to pay a "living wage".

All that being said, if the US boots all the illegals and the job numbers get worse, who gets the credit/blame? My answer is to go after the employers that are hiring the illegals. Hit them where it hurts. Maybe then they will pay up something closer to a living wage, if the job deserves it. Not a $15 dollar minimum wage.

Just typing this makes my head spin, and that's where we are with politics in this country today.

I would be interested in knowing how many of those jobs are being done by illegals currently. And if we get rid of them, what happens to job numbers.

The jobs that were lost during (and after) the brutal recession have largely come back. But businesses haven't felt much pressure to pay workers more. Until now.

CEOs are feeling the political and economic pressure to raise wages. Starbucks, JPMorgan Chase, United Airlines and Walmart all announced pay hikes this year.

The labor inflation especially in the last year has been significant," said John Hartung, Chipotle's chief financial officer, on a recent earnings call. "We haven't passed on the cost of those higher wages [to customers]."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/25/news/economy/us-wages-ceos-talking-about-raises/index.html

Job market is on fire and Sho still can't find employment. Sad. :(

• Like 1

The "nitwits towing the partisan line" make up about 6 or 8 posters. The other 11 people here stay out of the political slapfights and BS all over this place for the most part. Some of the more rational folks on this board (Bert, 'Skids, CMH, come to mind) rarely engage in most of the political BS and I would guess any of them would vote a centrist candidate (that had no "dealbreakers" for them) regardless of the letter after their name. Hell, I would put guys like Edjr and CBFalcoon in that category too.

Oh I agree...It's just a few here. Totally agree with that statement.

By those jobs, you mean all of them every year for fair comparison. That fact that job growth has consistent annual high and low points means they probably include every paying job that is reported.

I meant the newly added jobs. Reducing unemployment by .2% is great and all but if the jobs are all low wage or contract employment it doesnt matter much. I know a lot of the job growth under Obama were the same way.

:thumbsup:

I would be interested in knowing how many of those jobs are being done by illegals currently. And if we get rid of them, what happens to job numbers.

I am all in favor of getting illegals out of the job market but I doubt that has a significant impact on employment figures.

I am all in favor of getting illegals out of the job market but I doubt that has a significant impact on employment figures.

I think if they all (roughly eight million?) left at once it might, but that's not how it will happen if it ever does, so you are correct.

:thumbsup:

Dated July 2016...hmmm all of those Trump policies did that right?

And whining about links when this is the first you have brought is hilarious.

Also, your link does not refute what I have stated

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/01/business/economy/wages-salaries-job-market.html

Plenty more like this talking about wages lagging behind.

I meant the newly added jobs. Reducing unemployment by .2% is great and all but if the jobs are all low wage or contract employment it doesnt matter much. I know a lot of the job growth under Obama were the same way.

During President Trump’s first year, nearly 1.7 million new jobs have been created and the unemployment rate has fallen to 4.1 percent, the lowest rate in nearly 17 years.

The manufacturing industry has created 159,000 jobs.

The mining and logging industry has created 57,000 jobs.

Thirteen states have reached record low unemployment rates.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average index has hit record highs more than 60 times under President Trump, including closing higher than 24,000 points for the first time in its history.

o Since President Trump’s election, more than $5 trillion in wealth has been added to the U.S. economy.

Keep reading the accomplishments here: http://deadline.com/2017/12/donald-trumps-first-year-accomplishments-white-house-press-release-1202231900/

Toward the final months of his presidency Barack Obama infamously said the following regarding jobs that had left America – including millions during his eights years as President:

“…some of those jobs of the past are just not going to come back.”

And when commenting on then-candidate Donald Trump’s promise to bring jobs back, Mr. Obama said this:

“…Well, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have?”

What elements are walking away/ Is it the moderate liberals turning away from the leftists?

Stats over the last year. It appears that jobs gained the most are in manufacturing, construction and retail. All signs that people are buying.

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ceseesummary.htm

During President Trumps first year, nearly 1.7 million new jobs have been created and the unemployment rate has fallen to 4.1 percent, the lowest rate in nearly 17 years.

The manufacturing industry has created 159,000 jobs.

The mining and logging industry has created 57,000 jobs.

Thirteen states have reached record low unemployment rates.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average index has hit record highs more than 60 times under President Trump, including closing higher than 24,000 points for the first time in its history.

o Since President Trumps election, more than $5 trillion in wealth has been added to the U.S. economy.

Keep reading the accomplishments here: http://deadline.com/2017/12/donald-trumps-first-year-accomplishments-white-house-press-release-1202231900/

Toward the final months of his presidency Barack Obama infamously said the following regarding jobs that had left America including millions during his eights years as President:

some of those jobs of the past are just not going to come back.

And when commenting on then-candidate Donald Trumps promise to bring jobs back, Mr. Obama said this:

Well, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have?

Love the magic wand one. Personal favorite.

Thats cute that you picked up on Obamas job gimmick when he was spewing job stats that proven the be part time work positions created to circumvent his HC laws

Thats cute that you picked up on Obamas job gimmick when he was spewing job stats that proven the be part time work positions created to circumvent his HC laws

Ive picked up on the last 30+ years of stagnant wages, declining benefits and increased contract employment. You think only one side is playing this game?

Ive picked up on the last 30+ years of stagnant wages, declining benefits and increased contract employment. You think only one side is playing this game?

I can tell you as someone out there, there may be lower paying jobs available, but mid senior jobs just arent there. Most recruiters Ive talked to said we are in a gig economy and it isnt as strong in some areas as others. Even as strong as oil is right now, baker Hughes announced theyre laying off 200 people in comal county. A girl I went to high school with just laid off 80 people last week. A girl Ive been seeing told me that they havent hired a salaried person in their office in over five years, its all contract work and she works for one of the largest companies in the world.

What elements are walking away/ Is it the moderate liberals turning away from the leftists?

No; Sho is finally walking away on the Trump/Russian collusion. Oh wait..........nevermind.

Bravo!!! :doublethumbsup:

It's about time reasonable people walk away from the insanity!

From a focking Ouija board thread.

Anybody believe it?

quite real, quite evil

Now this thread.

Bravo!!! :doublethumbsup:

It's about time reasonable people walk away from the insanity!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Reminds me of a song I played for an Ex when she was packing her sh1t to move out of my apartment.

From a focking Ouija board thread.

Now this thread.

:wacko:

Wow, you worked way too hard on that one :doh:

Don't blame me, It's not my fault you're ignorant :wave:

Don't blame me, It's not my fault you're ignorant :wave:

Not believing that a toy with some letters on it can summon demons and spirits from magical dimensions is ignorant.

OOOOOOOOOOF!

Not believing that a toy with some letters on it can summon demons and spirits from magical dimensions is ignorant.

OOOOOOOOOOF!

Oh wow, we disagree, stop the World already

LOL at last 30 years of stagnant wages. I was getting raises every year (12 years), until Obama took office... got NONE while he was in office and got 3 since Trump. The only stagnation in wages was from 2008 to 2016.

LOL at last 30 years of stagnant wages. I was getting raises every year (12 years), until Obama took office... got NONE while he was in office and got 3 since Trump. The only stagnation in wages was from 2008 to 2016.

Well, some nasty stuff did go down in 2008.

yeah, Obama was elected. That was quite obvious from his post. Surprised you didn't pick up on that. ;)

My mistake, what I meant was...there was a catastrophic event that almost ruined the country. That should clear things up.

My mistake, what I meant was...there was a catastrophic event that almost ruined the country. That should clear things up.

Yes! That catastrophic event was Obama getting elected. Hello!!!!!

Yes! That catastrophic event was Obama getting elected. Hello!!!!!

Ok..I’ll try one last time to be clear. What I meant was...in 2008, something happened that made the 8 or so years after that worse for America and it’s only now in the last couple years we have started to rebound from that mess.

That should leave no confusion. :doublethumbsup: