Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Fight Club 2? Oh yes, it's on!

In 'Fight Club 2,' Chuck Palahniuk will wrestle with fatherhood
The popular 1996 novel “Fight Club,” which was made into an even-more-popular film starring Edward Norton and Brad Pitt, will soon get a sequel in the form of a new comic book series. In an interview with USA Today ahead of this weekend’s Comic-Con in San Diego, author Chuck Palahniuk has revealed the basic plot.
“Chuck Palahniuk is breaking the first two rules of Fight Club,” Brian Truitt wrote for USA Today. “He's talking about Fight Club.”
“Fight Club 2” will be a 10-comic series illustrated by Cameron Steward for Dark Horse Comics, to be released in May 2015.
“Fight Club 2” will unfold in both the future and the past. “It picks up a decade after the ending of his original book, where the protagonist is married to equally problematic Marla Singer and has a 9-year-old son named Junior, though the narrator is failing his son in the same way his dad failed him,” Truitt wrote.
Most of the characters from the first book will return, including the terror group “Project Mayhem,” and Tyler Durden, whose origins will be revealed, Palahniuk said. But “Fight Club 2” will be, in part, a meditation on fatherhood and middle-age.
"Now to find myself at the age that my father was when I was trashing him made me want to revisit it from the father's perspective and see if things were any better and why it repeats like that," Palahniuk said.
Palahniuk’s next novel, a work of “gonzo erotica" titled “Beautiful You,” is due out this October.

X-Dumb

:thumbsup:

Loved the original fight club (book and movie) but a sequel sounds super dumb and an obvious late ploy to capitalize. Pahlaniuk must have some bills to pay

What is "gonzo erotica"? :unsure:

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Bunny Basterds and his wife focking.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Bunny Basterds and his wife focking.

:nono:

Nikki and GettnHuge

"I haven't been focked like that since grade school" :banana:

Great line. But the original was "I want to have your abortion".

Someone declared it too dark for some reason. :dunno:

Great line. But the original was "I want to have your abortion".

Someone declared it too dark for some reason. :dunno:

Not too dark, edjr threatened copyright infringement.

:thumbsup:

Loved the original fight club (book and movie) but a sequel sounds super dumb and an obvious late ploy to capitalize. Pahlaniuk must have some bills to pay

Have you read a lot of his work? The man is an absolute genius with his own style and original works. Everything i have read from him has been excellent and i havent heard of anyone disappointed that they read one of his books. If chuck is writing it i would definitely give it a chance.

A comic book ?

:lol:

I have never read a comic book in my life, but the author is so talented that i would probably be willing to give it a chance.