Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Eagles at Cowboys: Game Discussion

2 fractional losses? Thats rough. A guy in my league is 2nd highest points at 3-7.

I brought up an idea in a 12tm league with 6 playoff spots to seed the last 2 spots by highest scoring teams remaining after top 4 seeds. That at least removes any potential of being a top scoring team that doesnt make it. Make H2H slightly less of the joke any serious FF player knows it to be.

The two leagues I run have had this playoff seeding approach for 7 or 8 years now. I cant stand leagues that dont do this. H2H is incredibly flukey, and when schedules are imbalanced (i.e. playing 2 teams twice) it puts some teams at a big disadvantage.

We'll get this one started early because I'm already rooting for some Zach Ertz later tonight.

Holy non-production, Batman!

FF is a game slow to adapt. I am the first person I have seen to suggest seeding playoffs with a mix of record and total points.

Weve done it for 15 or so years. I remember I made it in on power rankings and better record guy flipped out, not realizing we had been doing power rankings for years already.

Don't think that's it. Alf has 92 rushing yds so far against the toughest run d in football.

Bryant, Beasley, Witten, are having a tough time getting any separation tonight.

I heard an interesting tidbit from a Vegas oddsmaker the other day who said as good as Elliot or any other star RB is, their absence is generally only worth about 1 pt in the spread.

Exactly. Eagles were without their LT, MLB, starting RB and starting K when the game started, just like the Cowboys. Eagles are deep, Cowboys aren't. Eagles are a better TEAM.

The thing about Alf is, he can't catch passes. It's like comparing Blount to Bell. Just not the same player and it hinders the game plan.

The thing about Alf is, he can't catch passes. It's like comparing Blount to Bell. Just not the same player and it hinders the game plan.

That's a fair point. Rod Smith certainly hasn't shown us anything either.

Not unexpected at all. But, that being said - I was actually surprised, least for a half... Red seemed to have listened and made some good adjustments from last week, was a game early...... Hell even Wentz did his part in giving us a chance - he was awful the 1st half. But you can't beat this Eagles team settling for FGs.

Other items of note:

* Dak was awful, flat out shiity. Missing guys high, missing them low - failing to make big plays on 3rd down.

* Cowboys LBs corps was exposed, as I said it would be.... They are slow, small and can't tackle for shiit. Jaylon has size, but he's clearly not ready to play football yet, maybe never.

* Wentz and the Igs offense is potent, they are damn near unstoppable when they get it moving.... I love that kid - he's going to be the best Qb in the league once Rodgers and Brady call it quits.

* Dez is the most overrated, high paid WR in the league..... It's 50/50 if it's a catch or drop these days........ Has not had a 100 yard rec day in 17 games.

* Red Garrett and S. Linehan have been outscored 47-0 in the last two 3rd & 4th quarters, COMBINED.

* Full strength on full strength, this is a ballgame.

:

* Dak was awful, flat out shiity. Missing guys high, missing them low - failing to make big plays on 3rd down.

The Dak I thought I knew makes safe, high-percentage throws. The Dak I saw last night was making a lot of in-traffic and even dangerous throws.

The Dak I thought I knew makes safe, high-percentage throws. The Dak I saw last night was making a lot of in-traffic and even dangerous throws.

Dak is beginning to be who I thought he was gonna be. Typical "throw it up for grabs" sort of player. Starting to remind me of McNabb and McYoung.

Wentz is the real deal. I wish media would quit saying "He's the perfect fit for Philly. A blue collar, tough...etc..."

Wentz is ND grown, good values, no drugs, no beating women, respectful, stand for the National Anthem, respect your elders, don't run your mouf, sort of guy. Philly is mostly thugs who'd throw their mom out of a 4th story window for a pair of $50 sneakers. Don't associate them other than he has a green Eagles jersey on. The two couldn't be more polar opposites.

I lost one game this year by .06. Gonna lose another by fractions. Highest scoring team in the league, about to go 4-7 and all but sure out of the playoffs.

if you don't go to two games a week (1 opponent, 1 league team avg.), then no room for complaints. This happens in every league. A guy in my league is the third highest scoring team over 11 games and is 7th in our standings. But since we have the 2 games a week setup, he is only one game out of 4th place. There are 4 teams bunched up in the middle and if he keeps scoring like he has been he will be in. This week, I beat him by only 7 points but he will end up as the third highest scoring team for the week, so he will be 1-1 instead of 0-1.

I get it if people don't like this but in FF I think it makes sense because your match-up against another FF team has nothing to do with your score. You will score the same if you are playing against someone else. In real football, that is not the case.

* Cowboys LBs corps was exposed, as I said it would be.... They are slow, small and can't tackle for shiit. Jaylon has size, but he's clearly not ready to play football yet, maybe never.

i agree with most of your post, but having your 2 best LBs out of the game will inevitably 'expose' why your backups are backups. that said, IMO one of the only good things that came out of last night was that jaylon appeared to have made improvement physically, with his reads, and in coverage. still has a long way to go, but we finally saw some reason to hope.

Dak isn't very good in the pocket. Neither is Russ Wilson, but defenses still let him get out.