Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. AFC

• Chiefs
    • Patriots
  2. 2. NFC

• Saints
    • Rams

I only saw it from the video board. But from there, it was hard to tell when the ball touched the ground that it absolutely didn't touch his fingers at the same time.

Ed is dead on. The 3 angles showed that it did not hit him and it wasn't that close. Surprising, but the ball did not touch him.

I only saw it from the video board. But from there, it was hard to tell when the ball touched the ground that it absolutely didn't touch his fingers at the same time.

3 great angles. it was the right call.

That's the only part I questioned when watching the replays. Even after piecing all the videos together, I couldn't tell with 100% certainty that it didn't touch his fingertip(s).

Either way, the game shouldn't be decided by one or two calls anyway. If you lose because of 1 or 2 bad calls, you didn't execute enough during the game. Adding more replays just takes more away from the game in my opinion. I'd do away with all replays.

• Like 1

That's the only part I questioned when watching the replays. Even after piecing all the videos together, I couldn't tell with 100% certainty that it didn't touch his fingertip(s).

Either way, the game shouldn't be decided by one or two calls anyway. If you lose because of 1 or 2 bad calls, you didn't execute enough during the game. Adding more replays just takes more away from the game in my opinion. I'd do away with all replays.

I was kind of shocked - the mighty NFL, a multi-BILLION dollar organization, and entity that prints its own money...........didn't have a better camera picture for that play.

They had plenty of angles, but the images were grainy, not clear at all... You'd think for a Championship game we'd have better views.

Roughing the passer call kind of ruined it, may not have mattered but, it's really unfortunate that call was made.

I was kind of shocked - the mighty NFL, a multi-BILLION dollar organization, and entity that prints its own money...........didn't have a better camera picture for that play.

They had plenty of angles, but the images were grainy, not clear at all... You'd think for a Championship game we'd have better views.

there was one video clip that clearly showed it not touching his hands or fingers..in that same clip it almost looked like it brushed off of his bicep but the other angles clearly ruled that out.
  • Like 1

Had you bet on the super bowl just before the season started, the favorite to win was the Patriots at +500. Rams were tied for 5th best odds at +1100.

I bet on the Cardinals winning the NFC championship in August while in Vegas, +5000. I got smartz$#@! :D

To be fair, I also homer bet on ASU winning the PAC-12 championship game, that was fun as it was in play until the end of the season. $20 each bet, no big deal.

ETA: +7000 on ASU. Nobody had confidence in Edwards as coach to start the season, but now we are all "firm for Herm"$#@! :banana:

Challenge penalties?

In the CFL you can challenge pass interference calls...

I'm still surprised(and not at the same time) that when KC had 11 seconds left they didn't take one more shot at the end zone. Belichick even gave them a second chance to think about it when he called TO to ice the kicker. Chance to win and avoid OT vs chance of sack/not getting FG off...I'll take the chance to win.

The Rams opened as a one-point favorite over the Patriots, but we have seen quick line movement out of the gate. It has quickly swung to New England, going as high as Patriots -2 Sunday evening.

The point total was installed at 57.5, but quickly climbed to 58.5 The former number matched the record point total set before Super Bowl 51 between the Patriots and Falcons, and this new number sets a new record for the time being.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/1/20/18189687/super-bowl-53-odds-afc-vs-nfc-patriots-chiefs-saints-rams-point-total

In what world do you open that game with Rams favored? on what planet?

Roughing the passer call kind of ruined it, may not have mattered but, it's really unfortunate that call was made.

Yup. Terrible call but did graze the facemask and his head moved. Ref was directly behind Brady.

In what world do you open that game with Rams favored? on what planet?

they aren't always right

Yup. Terrible call but did graze the facemask and his head moved. Ref was directly behind Brady.

as a neutral fan, i just want consistency. there was a virtually identical non-call on mahomes earlier. i believe brady got his drive extended on a failed 3rd down conversion attempt.

Was the phantom RTP call on Brady bullshiit? Yes, absolutely...........but:

* When you give up 3rd and 10, THREE TIMES on the final drive, twice on the same damn play - you deserve to focking lose.

* When your dumbass lines up off sides, you deserve to lose.

* When you see 75 RB dump offs, and can't stop it - you deserve to lose.

* The Chefs weren't facing Zeke, they weren't facing Barkley, when you can't stop a bunch of regular Joe's from running down your throat - you deserve to lose.

* Belichick was genius last night, as good as he's ever been. To make Hill disappear, to run the ball with no-name John Doe's and to get to another SB - GOAT.

* Brady was phenomenal as well. It's a joy to watch a qb with total control and understanding of what a defense is doing. Some of his throws were off the chain - GOAT.

* How good was Romo? How in da fuq is he not a HC or OC somewhere? Jerry should can Red and hire #9 today.

agree with most of this except the no name RBs part. Sony was a first rounder and White arguably could have been the MVP of SB LI. Course NE doesn't feature one RB week after week.

agree with most of this except the no name RBs part. Sony was a first rounder and White arguably could have been the MVP of SB LI. Course NE doesn't feature one RB week after week.

White was a 1st rounder agreed......but the 31st pick, not a blue chip stud... And MVP candidate or not, White was still a 4th round pick.

not even close. same day

best championship games ever, all time.

Colts 38, Pats 34 - best ever

Belichick won that game in the 1st half.

Brady won that game in the 2nd half/OT.

It almost doesn't matter who you put around them.

Colts 38, Pats 34 - best ever

gameS

plural = more than 1

HTH

gameS

plural = more than 1

HTH

Bears 39, Saints 14

Colts 38, Pats 34

White was a 1st rounder agreed......but the 31st pick, not a blue chip stud... And MVP candidate or not, White was still a 4th round pick.

NE taking a RB in the first is noteworthy regardless and White...

During Super Bowl LI against the Atlanta Falcons, White had 139 total yards (29 rushing, 110 receiving). He joined Roger Craig as the only running back with 100+ receiving yards in a Super Bowl and broke Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas's previous record for most receptions in a Super Bowl, which came in a 43-8 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII, with 14. He scored 3 touchdowns and a 2-point conversion, setting a record for points in a Super Bowl, with 20. All of those points came after the Patriots trailed 283 midway through the third quarter. Danny Amendola's 2-point conversion following White's second touchdown tied the game, sending the Super Bowl to overtime for the first time ever. During overtime, White delivered the finishing blow by rushing two yards into the end zone for the game-winning touchdown

Sorry not no names :wave:

Watch this video clip starting at 1:37,Mahomes had basically the same hit on him early in the game even getting knocked to the ground and no call.Just be consistent!

• Like 1

Belichick won that game in the 1st half.

Brady won that game in the 2nd half/OT.

It almost doesn't matter who you put around them.

Having a solid ball carrier that can handle 29 carries in that game was the key to the victory. This type of game was what N.E. had envisioned when they drafted Michel in the first round.

Bad roughing call. Bad reversal of the punt / fumble too. Chiefs still should have won if not for a horrible neutral zone infraction and their inability to stop NE on so many 3rd and longs.

This is what the game has become,inconsistency after inconsistency

• Like 1

This is what the game has become,inconsistency after inconsistency

that is sad :(

Bad reversal of the punt / fumble too. Chiefs still should have won if not for a horrible neutral zone infraction

bad eyes, brain or both ?

Bad reversal of the punt / fumble too.

do you enjoy being wrong?

NE taking a RB in the first is noteworthy regardless and White...

During Super Bowl LI against the Atlanta Falcons, White had 139 total yards (29 rushing, 110 receiving). He joined Roger Craig as the only running back with 100+ receiving yards in a Super Bowl and broke Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas's previous record for most receptions in a Super Bowl, which came in a 43-8 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII, with 14. He scored 3 touchdowns and a 2-point conversion, setting a record for points in a Super Bowl, with 20. All of those points came after the Patriots trailed 283 midway through the third quarter. Danny Amendola's 2-point conversion following White's second touchdown tied the game, sending the Super Bowl to overtime for the first time ever. During overtime, White delivered the finishing blow by rushing two yards into the end zone for the game-winning touchdown

When a 4th rounder can have a SB game like that - you prove my point. Thanks. :wave:

When a 4th rounder can have a SB game like that - you prove my point. Thanks. :wave:

Damien Williams and CJ Blunberson also say hello.

• Like 1

the no name RB yesterday played for KC

I do...when the Mistress is punishing me.

:banana:

:wub: