Sign in to follow this  
rrmcguire

Waiver pickups for week 6?

Just dropped Crowder for Ricardo Louis. Someone dropped Jaron Brown this morning. Going to put a claim in for him and will probably drop Tyrell Williams.

I was racking my brain all day yesterday on whether I should use my #2 waiver priority on either McKinnon or the Jags D. Went to bed decided on McKinnon.

Woke up to find out that the guy with #1 priority instead went for AP so I got McKinnon at #2, AND to my utter shock found out that nobody ended up getting Jax so I got them too on my 2nd waiver. Also did the 2 AM wake up to see that nobody put in a claim for Breida, so I picked him up as a FA too for future value.

What a great morning.

Brieda also....Simply the history on Hyde {injury prone} being unable to play at some point is off the chart...Hyde seems to be limited in practice weekly...also Brieda useage made a big jump week #5 with Hyde less productive...stay tuned.....

Breida.

Brieda also....Simply the history on Hyde {injury prone} being unable to play at some point is off the chart...Hyde seems to be limited in practice weekly...also Brieda useage made a big jump week #5 with Hyde less productive...stay tuned.....

Okay Breida guys...convince me to pick up Breida, at the expense of dropping one of the following: Gallman, Foreman, Collins.

Should I? 1/2 PPR, needing someone in my flex spot. (Might be able to wait in Breida until Kelce's status is decided...if he's cleared to play, I drop ASJ and grab Breida. But if he's not...Breida over any of those guys?

Hyde gets hurt...a ton. SportsInjuryPredictor has him at 10+% chance of getting injured each week. They have Miller at somewhat below that, but I think that's too high for Miller. He missed three games with Miami, total, I think. But Foreman is in a better offense than Breida. Collins? Big question mark.

Thoughts?

I'd rather have Marlon Mack to be honest. He's the better talent and playing behind a guy who's got nothing left. Hyde is still the more talented player in San Fran backfield.

Just my .02 though

I think too many people are sleeping on Shane Vereen. I think he benefits more than anyone from all the injuries. I think he can be an Ellington or James white ppr type of rb.

Okay Breida guys...convince me to pick up Breida, at the expense of dropping one of the following: Gallman, Foreman, Collins.

Should I? 1/2 PPR, needing someone in my flex spot. (Might be able to wait in Breida until Kelce's status is decided...if he's cleared to play, I drop ASJ and grab Breida. But if he's not...Breida over any of those guys?

Hyde gets hurt...a ton. SportsInjuryPredictor has him at 10+% chance of getting injured each week. They have Miller at somewhat below that, but I think that's too high for Miller. He missed three games with Miami, total, I think. But Foreman is in a better offense than Breida. Collins? Big question mark.

Thoughts?

My first question would be what you are looking to accomplish with this roster spot. Are you looking for immediate help to cover byes or injuries, or someone with more long term upside? I think Breida has far more long term upside, so if that's what you want, then that's why I would recommend him. If you really need a bye week fill in, then you can prob get more points elsewhere, but that's a different objective.

I owned both Gallman and Collins last week and needed to start Collins because of injuries, and here's my analysis on them...

*Gallman didn't get the start over Darkwa who is a career underperformer, so the Giants must not think very highly of Gallman just yet. He was also going against a very weak LAC defense, so the 8 pts he got last week are probably his peak. He may be in line for touches with so many injuries on the Giants, but their next two games are against Den and Sea, so his upside is very limited against those stout defenses. They then have their bye the week after, so I just couldn't see myself playing him in any of the next 2 weeks, so that's why I would prefer Breida as a bench stash. Now Gallman may still get 15 touches this week so that has value if you need it, but that's not what I was looking for anymore.

*Allen outperformed Collins, and even though Collins got 12 rushes, he got zero targets in the pass game and Buck took over as the goal line back. That shows that they see Collins only in a very defined role which greatly limits his upside, so couple that with his fumbling issues, and I don't see the upside. Again, he may still outperform Breida this week, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Since I no longer needed to start either of them and didn't think they had much upside, I went with Breida and hope that he can take over in SF.

Why Breida specifically? I think Shanahan, even though they're 0-5, is looking to make a statement this year, and one way to do that is to put his stamp on the offense. Hyde was a hold over from the previous regime and is a FA after this year, so Shanahan has no loyalty to him. Plus, Breida supposedly fits the mold more of what a conventional Shanahan RB looks like, so I think he'll have no problem giving Breida a chance to steal the job the further the season gets away from them, or the longer Hyde's injury lingers.

It's a hope essentially, but I don't see Shanahan throwing in the towel later in the year no matter how far out they are, so a RB in his offense can still be a very valuable fantasy asset even if the team itself is tanking.

Comparing to Mack, it's a coin flip so I can see how some would prefer Mack. I side with Breida though because I still don't see Gore going away fully and Turbin was still getting goal line work, so even if Mack wrestles away the job from Gore, I don't think he has the upside that Breida would have if he got the job outright in SF. Plus I like SF's offense better and I trust Shanahan more than Pagano to keep his foot on the gas later in the year no matter how far out they are.

Since both are lottery tickets, I'd rather gamble on Breida's upside.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Nice post, Oriole.

Props to those kind souls who put up highlight reels on YouTube and Mack's and Breida's wk5 clips are up now. It's a shame waiver night can't be pushed a day forward so we could see these clips before we have to take action. :) Well, some of Mack's runs were up yesterday. I did wind up grabbing him as McKinnon was taken ahead of me.

I need to watch these again but I'm warming up to Breida. I like how he was involved in the passing game and I like how he and the SF line can make progress both up the middle as well as around the edge. It seemed like Mack's game was extreme speed to the perimeter, and I don't remember him doing much between the tackles. But I need to take a second look.

I think too many people are sleeping on Shane Vereen. I think he benefits more than anyone from all the injuries. I think he can be an Ellington or James white ppr type of rb.

I've been nibbling on this idea but couldn't bite down hard because Vereen's YTD production/usage wasn't enough to compel me to commit.

@Texas10, if Duke Johnson is still available, grab him quickly. His numbers the past 3 weeks have been excellent.

Louis or Lewis which to choose. Both volume based on shitty teams. Browns or Giants. Which do you think is the better add. I'm leaning Ricardo

Louis or Lewis which to choose. Both volume based on shitty teams. Browns or Giants. Which do you think is the better add. I'm leaning Ricardo

Ricardo

would you go Crowder, Ricardo Lewis, Jaron Brown, or Tyrell Williams?

That's tough, for me it's a coin flip between brown and louis... brown probably has more long term value, but I really like louis' matchup this week

I'd go Ricardo Louis. I posted earlier in this thread that the Giants next three weeks will be vs Denver, Seattle and then a bye. Yuck. While I think the Giants Lewis has the upside to be a better player he's not startable (or maybe even roster worthy) for the next three weeks. Kevin Hogan taking over at QB is another reason I prefer Louis at the moment.

Mcfadden... Zeke likely going to serve suspension

Picked him up but only Bc Morris was already rostered. Dropped brieda for him. I hope his inactives don't play into this.

Ugh...Diggs out, my options to fill in are JJ Nelson, Marvin Jones, John Brown, Taylor Gabriel, Jermaine Kearse, Cameron Brate (.5 PPR).

Ugh...Diggs out, my options to fill in are JJ Nelson, Marvin Jones, John Brown, Taylor Gabriel, Jermaine Kearse, Cameron Brate (.5 PPR).

Starvin' Marvin... kid is getting looks, look at his targets last week.

• Like 1

Starvin' Marvin... kid is getting looks, look at his targets last week.

I also like Marvin Jones this week as a sneaky play. He's been up against a murderer's row of shutdown corners to start the year (Peterson, Rhodes Closed, Jack Rabbit, Trufant). Things will start to turn around for him.

Marvin Jones sucks. Had him all year last year. Nothing. Maybe if Tate misses out.