Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Luke Joeckel to Seahawks

Tom Cable is going to make this guy into a Pro Bowler

If he can stay healthy it's certainly a possibility. Better coaching almost always means better results for the player. We shall soon see.

1 year prove it deal with a guy with loads of potential. You can't go wrong with that, especially if it doesn't work out.

The bigger news is T J Lang coming in for a visit today. The word I hear is he either signs with Seattle, or if he leaves, it's for a Detroit Lions deal.

I say over pay for him if you have to. He's a great RG, but most importantly. That would mean we can move our 1st rounder Ifedi from last year, where he only did so so at guard. To his natural college position of RT. In my minf, signing Lang is like getting 2 guys with an Ifedi position switch.

LT Joeckel

LG Glowinski

C Britt

RG Lang

RT Ifedi

Rawls and Prosise will be able to find some room with that lineup. Most importantly, Wilson might stay upright.

It would also mean. Seattles only must need come draft time would be a starting CB. This draft is very deep at this position this year, and they can certainly get one with their first rounder. Then that leaves them with a second, and three thirds for depth, upside and just generally BPA.

*And, most importantly also. The signing would eat up most of their remaining spending money. A market value deal would leave them with about 10-12 mil left to spend. Usually you like to have 5 mil for draft picks. And then they still need to resign some of the cheaper backups/role players they got out there. That means they wouldn't be able to afford a over priced, not worth the money running back.

Just read Langs friday visit went well. Him and his wife even stayed over until saturday. His decision might come by the end of sunday, but it looks really good right now.

That's an upgrade for that offensive line lol. Even the local beat writers admit Ifedi would be a train wreck at LT. The Jags moved him to Guard for a reason. It's amazing how fast windows slam shut in this league.

That's an upgrade for that offensive line lol. Even the local beat writers admit Ifedi would be a train wreck at LT. The Jags moved him to Guard for a reason. It's amazing how fast windows slam shut in this league.

I assume you meant Joekel, not Ifedi.

But trust me, even a crappy Joekel is an upgrade over Fant. Lang is the key though. He would solidify 4 oline spots with his addition. Add in even a mediocre LT, and it's light years ahead of what we saw last year.

I assume you meant Joekel, not Ifedi.

But trust me, even a crappy Joekel is an upgrade over Fant. Lang is the key though. He would solidify 4 oline spots with his addition. Add in even a mediocre LT, and it's light years ahead of what we saw last year.

No I meant Ifedi, who was the only option at LT before Joeckel right? I knew as soon as you guys brought in Webb last year that your line was in big trouble. It just goes to prove how quickly the wheels can come off in this league. I think either Bolles, Robinson, or even Ramczyk may be there for you in the first. But this surely this won't help.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840969254644121600

No I meant Ifedi, who was the only option at LT before Joeckel right? I knew as soon as you guys brought in Webb last year that your line was in big trouble. It just goes to prove how quickly the wheels can come off in this league. I think either Bolles, Robinson, or even Ramczyk may be there for you in the first. But this surely this won't help.https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840969254644121600

Thats pretty weird. Ifedi was a RT all through college, and RG all year in his first season for us. LT wasn't even a rumor that I had ever heard. Last I knew, he was locked in at RG, unless their was a true RG brought in. Then Cable would make the switch back to tackle.

No I meant Ifedi, who was the only option at LT before Joeckel right? I knew as soon as you guys brought in Webb last year that your line was in big trouble. It just goes to prove how quickly the wheels can come off in this league. I think either Bolles, Robinson, or even Ramczyk may be there for you in the first. But this surely this won't help.https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840969254644121600

Sonofabitch R. I'm devastated. I'm already buzzing, now I'm gonna start double fisting these things.

The Lions? WTF!!!

Just read Joekel's deal is 4.25 signing bonus. 2.75 salary. And 1 in some sort of incentive. Total of 1 year, 8 mil.

Now back to me being sick.

F'n Lions.

I can't take it.

Just read Joekel's deal is 4.25 signing bonus. 2.75 salary. And 1 in some sort of incentive. Total of 1 year, 8 mil.

Now back to me being sick.

F'n Lions.

I can't take it.

Damn it. I was reeeally hoping for Lang. :(

Ifedi wouldnt be the guy you want at LT. His upside (for now is RT) but the scouting report I saw is that he has a ton of power. He will NOT be bullrushed.

he struggles with change of direction moves from speed rushers, and for me that means he is more suited to playing inside.

He's a pure mauler and blocks well at the point of attack on run plays.

That being said, I am sure that Seattle has been working with him to get him to a point where they could use him at LT or RT. I'm just not sure it's gonna happen fast enough to put him there to start the year off.

I figure he may be okay at RT by end of year. but coming out of the gate, there is a decent chance he's still playing at guard. I'd be seriously surprised if Ifedi is at LT this year at all. If he did, He'd face a lot of speed rushers all who have good change of direction moves(usually the best pass rusher goes up against the LT unless the QB is a leftie, and I do think he would struggle in that role.

There's no way Joekel is on the books for 7 mil and he's not penciled in at LT. I realize that's cheap for that position. But for Seattle, thats a huge over spend. Assuming Ifedi stays at RG and they keep (gulp) Gilliam at RT another year. He'd be making more than all 4 other starting lineman combined.

There's no way Joekel is on the books for 7 mil and he's not penciled in at LT. I realize that's cheap for that position. But for Seattle, thats a huge over spend. Assuming Ifedi stays at RG and they keep (gulp) Gilliam at RT another year. He'd be making more than all 4 other starting lineman combined.

I still dont see the seahawks not drafting another O lineman in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

While Joekel is a big name and a big time talent, so far, he has underperformed.

Good coaching may fix that, but it is also possible that it may not.

also, there are enough weak spots on the line that it makes sense to draft someone to shore up the line even if Joekel turns things around.

Certainly there are other needs, but this team relies heavily on the run, so it makes some sense to put draft pick equity (and money) into the line.

Thats pretty weird. Ifedi was a RT all through college, and RG all year in his first season for us. LT wasn't even a rumor that I had ever heard. Last I knew, he was locked in at RG, unless their was a true RG brought in. Then Cable would make the switch back to tackle.

I would stand corrected, you obviously know your team. In fact I can't even recall where I heard that, it may even been twitter. Though don't discount that place as a source for football info.

At this point I think you've still got to go OT in Round One, one of either Bolles, Ramczyk or Robinson will be there. I like the draft's depth at center as well, in fact that kid Elfien from Nebraska may be a solid mid round add. Russell Wilson is going to get tired running around like that. Plus, Seahawks football means running the ball.

Sonofabitch R. I'm devastated. I'm already buzzing, now I'm gonna start double fisting these things.

The Lions? WTF!!!

Stand on notice, the Lions building a damn good offensive line.

I would stand corrected, you obviously know your team. In fact I can't even recall where I heard that, it may even been twitter. Though don't discount that place as a source for football info.

At this point I think you've still got to go OT in Round One, one of either Bolles, Ramczyk or Robinson will be there. I like the draft's depth at center as well, in fact that kid Elfien from Nebraska may be a solid mid round add. Russell Wilson is going to get tired running around like that. Plus, Seahawks football means running the ball.

I think I'd like them going CB in round 1. But I'm definitely all for a pick or two in rounds 2 and 3.

I can also see them grabbing a WR fairly early also. If they release Kearse they'd save about 3 mil or so.

I think you are right. he spend most of his time at RT. I seem to recall reading a draft preview report from his draft year, and they had him listed at LT.

could have been an error, or maybe he spent time at LT toward the very end of his career, and was classified as such because of that.

I dont know enough there, but I do know that given his weaknesses, he is better suited at Guard until that issue can be resolved fully. Tackles need to deal with more speedrushers with good change of direction moves while guards will often see more bullrushers or power rushers. (largely because they are working in a more closed in space because the guard has the centre on one side and the Tackle on the other side of him, so a change of direction move by a defender may bring him into the path of another defender or blocker. it's harder to pull that move in confined space is what I'm saying (keep in mind I said it's harder to do this. not impossible)