Sign in to follow this  
Super Bowl LII: New England vs Philadelphia

People just want to go by perception and not fact (kind of like what happens when you watch CNN :D ).

A fact is that the NFL has a major problem with determining what a catch is. This has been admitted by NFL leadership and ref representatives as well as players, analysts and fans.

Perception is from half-drunk fans sitting on their couch screaming their opinions at the TV and calling them facts later.

CNN is for liberals living in lala land.

Just rechecked: Eagles still champs.

Ive got a feeling this one will stand. :first:

I had to come back to see how Monkey Deathcar was feeling after the Eagles win.

Very happy for you...I'm still on Cloud Nine watching Brady sulking in the middle of the field.

Very happy for you...I'm still on Cloud Nine watching Brady sulking in the middle of the field.

Whats up buddy? :first:

Monkey sounds about right. Go Cubs.

I think I was 9-10 the last time the Bears won a championship. I still remember High Douglas knocking Chicagos QB out after an interception. Who the *bleep* is Shane Miller?!? lol

I think I was 9-10 the last time the Bears won a championship. I still remember High Douglas knocking Chicagos QB out after an interception. Who the *bleep* is Shane Miller?!? lol

Wow!!! Let's call out not great moments in team history. I am sure the eagles have been stellar over the past 40 years.

Where did the eagles finish in '85?

Wow!!! Let's call out not great moments in team history. I am sure the eagles have been stellar over the past 40 years.

Where did the eagles finish in '85?

They won it last Sunday. :first:

Monkey.... Now I understand.

They won it last Sunday. :first:

They sure did. From the bottom of my heart. Congrats. Keep on enjoying it.

Thank you. Now that Ive gotten over my initial gloating I will leave you alone Ed. :cheers:

Thank you. Now that Ive gotten over my initial gloating I will leave you alone Ed. :cheers:

It's all good. If anyone deserved to gloat, it was you. I'd have gone big too.

I am sure when the Red Sox finally won in 2004, I was an unbearable cvvnt

Eagles fans are not annoying on this bored, which is a nice change from some other Super Bowl winning fans from past years. Congrats to you!

• Like 1

Eagles fans are not annoying on this bored, which is a nice change from some other Super Bowl winning fans from past years. Congrats to you!

Fortunately we havent had to worry about annoying Super Bowl winning Cowboys fans for my entire adult life :thumbsup:

Fortunately we havent had to worry about annoying Super Bowl winning Cowboys fans for my entire adult life :thumbsup:

As long as Jerry Jones is heavily involved in the talent evaluation, they won't win any championships. He's just not really all that good at it. If it weren't for Jimmy Johnson making the calls for a couple years, Dallas probably would have no playoff wins after Tom Landry left. He's the main reason why they're what, 0-8 in playoffs(?) after Switzer won the Super Bowl with Jimmy's team over the last 23 seasons.

Thats probably cause there are like 2 of us now. All the rest got banned.

RIP Yoda the Pug and NewbieJR.

Nobody cares because it's the Patriots, but they were robbed. That was not a TD by Clement, under any circumstances. Other calls were bad as well, but that's the stand out one.

Rewatched an abbreviated version of the SB last night - awesome game. Few things stood out to me:

1. BB got badly out coached. First he opts for a FG instead of going for it on 4 and 1 in the RZ and it gets shanked. Then he goes for it on 4 and 5 from the Eagles 40-ish and its a turnover on downs. Dougie had his number.

2. The refs really let them play and every single call was a good one in real time and on replay - finally an error and scandal free SB.

3. Still the champs. :first:

This is what defeat looks like. Sad and pathetic.

Nobody cares because it's the Patriots, but they were robbed. That was not a TD by Clement, under any circumstances. Other calls were bad as well, but that's the stand out one.

True, but philly will take it any way they can get it. Kind of like mdc showing up at high school prom.

Well, no they weren't, and yes, it was. People who think that the TD was not a catch clearly doesn't want to learn or understand the rule. There's links in this thread that tell you why it was a catch. Just because you want to ignore the refs, it doesn't mean you're right... it just means you chose to be uninformed and then complain so they have something to complain about it.

Well, no they weren't, and yes, it was. People who think that the TD was not a catch clearly doesn't want to learn or understand the rule. There's links in this thread that tell you why it was a catch. Just because you want to ignore the refs, it doesn't mean you're right... it just means you chose to be uninformed and then complain so they have something to complain about it.

Or I just don't think it was a catch? Because it wasn't?

Saw it again last night. Secured the ball two feet in touchdown, champions. :first:

There's links in this thread that tell you why it was a catch.

The ex ref said it was bobbled in that link. ☺

The ex ref said it was bobbled in that link. ☺

The refs in the game and Mike Pereira clearly said that Clement never lost control. That = TD.

The refs in the game and Mike Pereira clearly said that Clement never lost control. That = TD.

The refs in the game had no bearing on the call. Only the replay refs opinion mattered. And he got it wrong. Like he did the whole year.

Pereira said he "slightly bobbled" the ball. The game itself means nothing now that it is over.

The more important thing is how do the refs define the degree of bobble that constitutes control or non-control moving into next season.

Will they instutute a bobble rating that goes from 0-10? Zero being no bobble, and 10 being a massive bobble?

So...

0 = no bobble

1 = barely perceptable bobble

2 = minute bobble

3 = quick bobble

4 = slight bobble

5 = medium bobble

6 = player reaction bobble

7 = long bobble

8 = bouncy bobble

9 = pinball bobble

10 = massive bobble

Everything under 4 is a catch. 5 and 6 is a call on the field stands. 7-10 is no catch.

Oh wait, this is pretty much how they call things now. And I know that every fan on this sight, including eagles fans, will be complaing at multiple times about calls next season.

Still on tilt. I focking love it.

How do you spell champs again?

Oh yeah.

E--A--G--L--E--S EAGLES!!!!

Still on tilt. I focking love it.

How do you spell champs again?

Oh yeah.

E--A--G--L--E--S EAGLES!!!!

This guy gets it. :first:

Mike Pereira is the reason the catch ruling is all focked up in the NFL, the hell with anything he says at this point.

Thank God the Eagles won, not sure how the Patriots were unable to cheat them out of it, but I absolutely appreciate them managing to not let it go down.