Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Ke'Shawn Vaughn - And Some Other Names To Remember

I watch a lot of college football, as I'm sure some of you guys do too. Of course, I enjoy the energy the young fellows bring to the game, but I am also scouting for future FF prospects. I record/watch all of the Bowl games.....even the no-name Bowls, for that same reason.

A handful of guys have stood out thus far, but only one has jumped out.....RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn from Vandy. He has it all. Great size (215), vision, burst, and long speed. The kid hasn't gotten a whole lot of fanfare, playing for the Commodes, but quietly leads all collegiate runners with 7.9 ypc (157/1244/12 this year).....and, as a Junior, has only 375 collegiate carries total, so he is still fresh. He also hasn't fumbled the ball all season. In the Texas Bowl against Baylor (yes, I understand that it was Baylor) he went 13/243/2, including 3 runs over 60 yards. They weren't just wide open holes you could drive a truck through either....he made it happen.

Being a Junior, he hasn't yet announced his intentions for next year, but if he does declare for the NFL draft.....jot his name down, and make sure he is on your fantasy team next year.

I like posts like this. Thanks.

I'm always guilty of having tunnel vision with the few guys I really get behind. So I like to be able to hear opinions on other guys.

When it comes to RB this year. My .02 is if you have even a small amount of talent. Then come out this year if you're eligible. Next year's 2020 class is so top heavy with RB talent and kids that look great so far. That it will be very easy to get lost in the shuffle for alot of guys.

Might as well, see if you can shine this year, when the competition isn't so heavy.

Again, only my own opinion though.

I watch a lot of college football, as I'm sure some of you guys do too. Of course, I enjoy the energy the young fellows bring to the game, but I am also scouting for future FF prospects. I record/watch all of the Bowl games.....even the no-name Bowls, for that same reason.

A handful of guys have stood out thus far, but only one has jumped out.....RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn from Vandy. He has it all. Great size (215), vision, burst, and long speed. The kid hasn't gotten a whole lot of fanfare, playing for the Commodes, but quietly leads all collegiate runners with 7.9 ypc (157/1244/12 this year).....and, as a Junior, has only 375 collegiate carries total, so he is still fresh. He also hasn't fumbled the ball all season. In the Texas Bowl against Baylor (yes, I understand that it was Baylor) he went 13/243/2, including 3 runs over 60 yards. They weren't just wide open holes you could drive a truck through either....he made it happen.

Being a Junior, he hasn't yet announced his intentions for next year, but if he does declare for the NFL draft.....jot his name down, and make sure he is on your fantasy team next year.

Have always trusted your takes. How's his hands as a receiver and his work in pass pro?

Raiders need a running back.

Yes, Vaughn can catch the ball outta the backfield, although he hasn't necessarily been featured in that role. He has about 40 catches in his 3 years.....but that includes a 75 yarder for a TD against a good Florida team this year. Again, it's his explosiveness/vision/speed which impresses me, particularly when combined with his good size. Not sure about his pass protection, but he was certainly adequate in that regard, from what I saw.

Another lesser-known guy that I believe could make a fantasy splash in the right situation is RB David Montgomery, with the Iowa State Cyclones. He wasn't that highly touted outta high school, but has been amazingly good and consistent. Not flashy....but exceptional power, obvious vision, and good hands (58 catches the past 2 seasons). He's tough. He just keeps grinding, with good size (216 lbs). Like Vaughn, he is a Junior, and hasn't declared yet, but if he does...he's got a real chance at greatness.

Yes, Vaughn can catch the ball outta the backfield, although he hasn't necessarily been featured in that role. He has about 40 catches in his 3 years.....but that includes a 75 yarder for a TD against a good Florida team this year. Again, it's his explosiveness/vision/speed which impresses me, particularly when combined with his good size. Not sure about his pass protection, but he was certainly adequate in that regard, from what I saw.

Another lesser-known guy that I believe could make a fantasy splash in the right situation is RB David Montgomery, with the Iowa State Cyclones. He wasn't that highly touted outta high school, but has been amazingly good and consistent. Not flashy....but exceptional power, obvious vision, and good hands (58 catches the past 2 seasons). He's tough. He just keeps grinding, with good size (216 lbs). Like Vaughn, he is a Junior, and hasn't declared yet, but if he does...he's got a real chance at greatness.

Montgomery is my #1 RB in this year's draft. Love the kid, and think he's a 3 down back, right out of the gate.

• Like 2

Another RB to keep in mind is Benny Snell Jr. outta Kentucky. In the right situation he could definitely flourish. The only knock I see with him is the fact that he doesn't catch the ball much outta the backfield.

However, on the plus size, he has great size (223), superb vision, and excellent power through the hole. The averaged 5.2 ypc in his 3 years as a Wildcat, gaining over 1,000 yards on the ground each season, and played the pivotal role in defeating Penn State in the Citrus Bowl (26/144/2).

I also like the fact that he decided to finish with his team in a "meaningless" Bowl game. In fact, they wouldn't have won without him.

Another RB to keep in mind is Benny Snell Jr. outta Kentucky. In the right situation he could definitely flourish. The only knock I see with him is the fact that he doesn't catch the ball much outta the backfield.

However, on the plus size, he has great size (223), superb vision, and excellent power through the hole. The averaged 5.2 ypc in his 3 years as a Wildcat, gaining over 1,000 yards on the ground each season, and played the pivotal role in defeating Penn State in the Citrus Bowl (26/144/2).

I also like the fact that he decided to finish with his team in a "meaningless" Bowl game. In fact, they wouldn't have won without him.

He's my #2 RB in this year's draft.

Now I think you're looking through my windows at my draft notes

lol

• Like 1

I really like Josh Jacobs from Alabama. He can do it all. If he had played somewhere else and been the featured back, I think he'd top most RB lists.

Another one I like is Devin Singletary from Florida Atlantic. Kinda reminds me of Aaron Jones.

Have always trusted your takes. How's his hands as a receiver and his work in pass pro?

Raiders need a running back.

His name is Chris Warren, and he is already on the Raiders

His name is Chris Warren, and he is already on the Raiders

Lol, no. I like the idea of a powerful 240 lb running back, but Warren is basically one dimensional with his 4.69 speed. Or lack thereof. I want the team to draft a three down home run hitter.

Alright Stonewall, or any other opinions for that matter.

My #3 RB just declared for the draft.

If you don't know him, check him out if you'd like. If you don't like him initially, that's cool. But keep him in the back of you're head.

James Williams - Washington State.

Ahh, what the hell. I'm here and bored. So rounding out my tunnel vision man crushes.

At #4 I have Darrell Henderson - Memphis

I know I'm certainly gonna be against the grain. But as of now. Before pro days, combines, and of course the draft, and preseason.

BK's 2019 RB Draft must haves are:

Montgomery

Snell

Williams

Henderson

In this order as of now. But I'd be happy with any of the bunch.

Williams has put together some intruding tape

He's probably the least known from my list. But he's actually the guy I'm most intrigued about.

I think he's got the best hands out of all the backs. Probably better than half the recievers out there. He can block. And even though he wasn't used as a traditional work horse. At 6 feet and 2 plus bills. I think he's got the build to be a 3 down guy.

Doesn't have major wear and tear on his body either. Although that part does seem to be a common trait on this years kids.

He's probably the least known from my list. But he's actually the guy I'm most intrigued about.

I think he's got the best hands out of all the backs. Probably better than half the recievers out there. He can block. And even though he wasn't used as a traditional work horse. At 6 feet and 2 plus bills. I think he's got the build to be a 3 down guy.

Doesn't have major wear and tear on his body either. Although that part does seem to be a common trait on this years kids.

83 catches last year at 6' 205#.