Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Look-Alike Players: Victor Cruz vs. Jordy Nelson

Redraft: Victor Cruz or Jordy Nelson?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Redraft: Cruz or Nelson?

• Victor Cruz
    • Jordy Nelson

It's time for another summer of Look-Alike Player threads...if you're new to the Board, every few days during the summer, I will try to post a thread that lists two players who are very close in value in redraft situations. Simply vote for the player you feel should be drafted first and then add comments about your selection if you would like.

This is non-PPR for Look-Alike matchups that involve RBs, WRs, or TEs. Just standard point for every 10 yards and 6 for TDs.

Our fourth Look-Alike player matchup of the summer is: Victor Cruz vs. Jordy Nelson

Previous matchup results

Miles Austin leads Dez Bryant, 18-14.

Steven Jackson leads Frank Gore, 20-7.

Matthew Stafford leads Cam Newton, 29-9.

Thanks for your participation!!

Based on what happened last year, these 2 totalled up their points very differently.

Cruz: 1536 yards on 82 receptions from 131 targets. 9 TD's.

Nelson: 1263 yards on 68 receptions from 96 targets. 15 TD's.

Cruz won't be competing for catches with as many guys as Nelson. His counterpart Nicks is injury prone. He gets a ton of love from his QB. He's pretty good after the catch.

Nelson will be competing with Jennings, Driver, Jones, Cobb, Finley, and Kuhn. None of those guys mentioned is injury prone. Nelson doesn't get the amount of attention from Rodgers that Cruz gets from Eli because Rodgers has so many great receivers to target. I'm a Green Bay fan but believe we probably just saw Jordy Nelson's career year in 2011. I believe Green Bay tries to get Cobb more involved this year because he's electric.

I have a feeling 420 will be chiming in.

Victor cruz has my vote. I dont actually vote on these usually because im on my phone and it will not allow me to cast a vote on it.

Both players got a little help from mr. Obscurity last year. Jordy is a good receiver but like it has been said, his monsterous td totals were more a fluke than the standard. He has a good sense of the field and where to find the open zone, a good combination of route running and improvisation.

Cruzer also has the same attributes except better. He is faster, stronger, better hands, and has less competition for catches with a qb who Targets him a lot more, 131-96. If that number doesnt jump out at you and tickle your loins i dont know what will.

I see cruzer seeing similar targets give or take a few with an increase in catch percentage.

Loins.

This is a really tough one for me. I don't have an answer yet. I think Cruz is probably a safer bet for consistent production but Jordy has the higher ceiling.

Do Gronk vs Graham soon!

I know its non PPR but Nelson's season was made on long catches and TD's with lower reception totals. he has more mouths to feed in his offense.

Cruz is the pick here.

I know its non PPR but Nelson's season was made on long catches and TD's with lower reception totals. he has more mouths to feed in his offense.

Cruz is the pick here.

Cruz had a ton of long tds too. I think both are candidates for being slightly over valued this year.

I chose Nelson. The difference for me is the offense. The G-men want to run but couldn't last year, so they threw a lot more giving Cruz a lot more opportunities. This year, they'll have a healthy Bradshaw and Wilson to share the load, which means more success running the ball, IMO. The Pack don't want to run, they just want to pass, so Nelson will have pretty much the same amount of opportunities. I think Cobb and Driver switch stats this year, so I don't see Cobb affecting Nelson all that much.

Having him last year and watching some of the amazing plays he made, my head wants to go Nelson.

My gut is telling me Cruz. I've been drafting Cruz over Nelson every time in mocks.

Seriously though I'm not nearly as big a cruz fan as I may lead people to believe...

but.. I do see two very potent offences that can and will put up points in 2012.. the biggest thing for me is the way these two put up there points, Cruz has unbelievable body control and his after the catch ability is off the charts. he can play inside or out, catch long bombs or take a 10 yard slant to the house for 50..

Nelson's season was largly built on the defence either breaking down or just ignoring him for the monster 50-80 yard bomb.. also a monser game in week 16 or 17? inflated his stats even more..

for my money I take Cruz because he is the less likley of the two to regress.

and cause he's got the best TD dance in the league :banana: